Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 10:52 PM
Croutonian I love your picture, I should do something similar. Somehow I don't think the two sims in my picture will be quite so chuffed to see themselves on the calendar given the nature of my photo entry.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 7:52 AM
can a british popstar qualify as a cultural sim?
because that is what i do well
(apart from lots)
Test Subject
#53 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 12:41 AM
What are the rules about Custom Content? I have a few hairs that I've downloaded, that I think could be used. And I also have default replacement eyes and skin. But I have a fantastic idea!
Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 4:00 AM
Ah! I was about to upload my entries but I can't upload right now!!! Anyone know when we'll be able to upload again?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 6:24 PM
Can I just say I LOVE THIS THEME. Thank you, that is all XD
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#56 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 6:35 PM
rskos, see the latest news post on info about uploading. We don't expect the wizard to be offline long enough to interfere with the theme, but if it is, we'll extend the theme.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 6:50 AM
can I do a half-Mongolian or half-Nepalese sim or does the entry have to be an object or outfit?

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

wanna email me? hit me up with a message and we'll exchange email addresses.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:29 AM
If you can explain the culture (and teach it to us) behind a half and half sim, then of course its allowed!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
If you can explain the culture (and teach it to us) behind a half and half sim, then of course its allowed!

thank you. I was thinking half French, half Mongolian or Nepalese. I'm trying to find someone who will help me find a beautiful pink deel (a traditional kaftan-like dress) for her formal wear. I may have to forgo a head dress as that might be a bit too specific. What do you think of the name Solongo Bellamy? Solongo is Mongolian for rainbow and Bellamy means beautiful friend in French.

Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes.

wanna email me? hit me up with a message and we'll exchange email addresses.
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 12:34 PM
I can't upload...
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#61 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 2:43 PM
isaisabrbr...look up the thread a few posts....

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
rskos, see the latest news post on info about uploading. We don't expect the wizard to be offline long enough to interfere with the theme, but if it is, we'll extend the theme.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
How would a joint submission be submitted? It'd be nice if there was a way where we could both get the downloads...

May I have my question answered please? :lovestruc

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 6:15 PM
DoReMi, just create an account that you intend to be your joint account, use it in CI to ask that it be connected to your account and whoever else is in your group and then any downloads that group submits will appear on all of your pages. See my account and the Halloween trunk I did with Echo. It shows up on my page, her page, and our joint page.

Please, no one panic about not being able to upload, we will be extending the theme to give you your full 30 days of uploading. Think of this as just extra time to work on perfecting your upload and culture post. Remember, a big part of this is what you can teach us with your upload, so do include your research!
Inventor
#64 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
I have a question. I made an Entrepreneur career for this competition; am I allowed to use the Creator Feedback Forum to get help testing it and tuning the difficulty?

Would it be possible if I could get an answer to my question? Thanks!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 12:15 PM
ploading of new items to MTS is currently turned OFF so we can have a spring clean of the moderation queues. They'll be back soon.
Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 12:16 PM
i can't upload: "uploading of new items to MTS is currently turned OFF so we can have a spring clean of the moderation queues. They'll be back soon."
Instructor
#67 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by isaisabrbr
i can't upload: "uploading of new items to MTS is currently turned OFF so we can have a spring clean of the moderation queues. They'll be back soon."

Delphy turned it off to start 2013 with a clean a slate as possible.
More info here.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 4:03 AM
Can anyone help me please download game mods for the sims 3! I’ve tried following the instructions on modthesims.com and youtube with no luck. I have windows 8. If you can help me please email me at [email protected] to talk further, thanks all!
Field Researcher
#69 Old 20th Jan 2013 at 5:34 AM
This is not the place for this. Try here instead. http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=551

I am happy to hear any ideas for my Storybook expansion project, as well as open to others helping.
Also, check out my object recoloring tutorial.
Banned
#70 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 5:19 PM
Would it be possible if I could get an answer to my question? Thanks!

I believe that CFF is for getting advice on how to perfect your creation to make it ready for upload, I don't think you are allowed to upload any files other than pictures there. I'm not a moderator though so I can't tell you for sure, if confused post in the Creator Issues forum.
Inventor
#71 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims99Fanatic
I believe that CFF is for getting advice on how to perfect your creation to make it ready for upload, I don't think you are allowed to upload any files other than pictures there. I'm not a moderator though so I can't tell you for sure, if confused post in the Creator Issues forum.

One of the reasons I asked the question was that I was wondering if it was a violation of contest rules to use the Creator Feedback forum. That's why you haven't seen my career there, even though all that needs to be done now is testing.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#72 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
One of the reasons I asked the question was that I was wondering if it was a violation of contest rules to use the Creator Feedback forum. That's why you haven't seen my career there, even though all that needs to be done now is testing.

If you are making something for the multicultural theme, that isn't a contest.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#73 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:52 PM Last edited by porkypine : 1st Feb 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Hi Duckie. The Creator feedback form is for any creations you need help with. Whether it is just something you are working on or something you want to upload for Multicultural. Your items aren't judged until they are uploaded. MTS is for MODDING Sims stuff and we try to help you learn modding. Then when your stuff passes moderation, you can share it with others and hopefully, they will take up modding too.

In the creator feedback forum, you just upload photos and discussions of the problem. Do not upload the actual package unless a moderator asks you to do so.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:18 AM
PSDuckie, you can do the testing yourself. Get a testing sim and get them the job and use some cheats (or not if you have more time) to get them to each job level. Try to send them to work on each level at least once, be sure that the carpool arrives and is the right one and that any uniforms are working correctly. You may use CFF if you want suggestions on anything, but please don't upload your actually career file there unless someone volunteers to test it for you. (something you shouldn't ask for until YOU"VE tested it and it runs perfect on your setup.) You will also need to remove it after they've gotten the file.

joandarah, the Multicultural theme IS a competition, and we will be awarding prizes to our lucky 1 in 10s. The competition will run longer because we've had the upload wizard closed.

porky, thanks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:32 AM
Oops sorry, the Time theme wasn't, or if it was I didn't notice getting a prize for it.

~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 4