Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:33 PM
Default Baby Girls
i have been playing for a while now and have had many families, but when the women give birth the child is always a girl. i know how to force a boy, but i wonder why they never come naturally.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 11:31 PM
because God loves pussies

formerly known as DollyL
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:30 AM
It's has been my observation that when you click try for baby with the women active you usually get girls, when you try with man active, you usually get boys.

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Banned
#4 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
i have been playing for a while now and have had many families, but when the women give birth the child is always a girl. i know how to force a boy, but i wonder why they never come naturally.

Have your pregnant sim eat apples throughout her pregnancy, that will increase the chance of having a little boy. Watermelons increase the chance of a girl, but obviously you don't want that. So, lots of apples!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:16 AM
I have the opposite problem. I usually have to force girls or I get boys.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:43 AM
It's completely random apart from eating melons/apples, so probably, you just have (bad?) luck. Note that the gender is already calculated at impregnation, so reloading a saved game before the already pregnant mother gives birth will result in no different baby gender (unless you eat additional fruits before the birth, which will shift the precalculated value). This has only worked in Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:38 AM
you can chose a babys sex on twallans master controller
http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...83&topic=4688.0
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:02 PM
I've also heard that the EA progression tries to balance out the genders in the towns. So maybe you have more men than women in your town? Or is it the case that you now have more women than men?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
Have your pregnant sim eat apples throughout her pregnancy, that will increase the chance of having a little boy. Watermelons increase the chance of a girl, but obviously you don't want that. So, lots of apples!

I could have sworn i read in one of the patch updates that EA had actually patched this because so many people complained you could force the gender of the child. Eating melons or apples has not worked in my game for ages... two EPs at least and I don't have any mods other than no mosaic.

Even the last pregnancy she ate apples the whole way through because I had had the last three generations be first born females and I was trying to get variety in my legacy and the baby was a girl despite the apple eating.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 1:30 AM
My Woolf's almost always gets all girls.

Just call me Nickey.

The Godfrey Legacy
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/lolipopsims
Inventor
#11 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 2:59 AM
I have noticed a high number of girls, but in Sunset Valley its about even, Mortimer had a girl then boy and the Knowles just had a boy, Michael had a boy then girl plus a lost girl, French had Sandi already and had a boy with Steel. Lisa Bunch is Micheals wife and Darleen had a girl then Cyclon Swords boy. Ethan, Arlo, Crumplebottom and Christopher Ursine wont even date. Sondra and the oldest Knowle will not get preggers. The Welsh's had twin boys and Spain has two girls. They just appeared in empty houses. Someone told me they were part of the world cup pack and I like them, they seem to even things out.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzySim
I could have sworn i read in one of the patch updates that EA had actually patched this because so many people complained you could force the gender of the child.

The patch stopped prepared foods made from apples or watermelons from influencing the gender but eating the raw fruit should still have the same effect as it always had.

Even if you eat all apples it won't necessarily get a girl.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
The patch stopped prepared foods made from apples or watermelons from influencing the gender but eating the raw fruit should still have the same effect as it always had.

Even if you eat all apples it won't necessarily get a girl.

you mean a boy...

Apple= boy (cos adam got the apple stuck in his throat)
watermelon= girl (cos girls got MELONS!)

newho...

And as far as i know, each time you eat a fruit, you increase the chance of that gender by 25% and so, once you have had four, you have that gender...
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jazzem
you mean a boy...

Yes sorry, my post didn't make much sense because I was trying to send it before my manager saw!

Quote: Originally posted by jazzem
And as far as i know, each time you eat a fruit, you increase the chance of that gender by 25% and so, once you have had four, you have that gender...

I think others have looked at the code said that you can't make the probability 100% by eating fruit, so even if you eat four you can still get the opposite gender.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena

Ah.. okay so just the prepared foods. I couldn't remember the exact words I had read cause it was so long ago.. I just figured it was in general as i said eating apples and melons trick has not worked in my game since then and the pregnant sims ate more than 5 each time I tried for a specific gender.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorelligirls
I have the opposite problem. I usually have to force girls or I get boys.

Me too! I get boys too often.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#17 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
I've also heard that the EA progression tries to balance out the genders in the towns.
It doesn't. It's straight sadorandom. Forcing the issue requires at least 4 of the specific fruit. The outcome will otherwise be deterministic no matter how many times you save and reload, because it's determined by preseeding at conception.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eminence Grise
#18 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9

Ah the gambler's fallacy Just because you get a long series of the same coin toss does not mean the coin is not random. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

It's amazing how hard it is for people to accept that, though.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#19 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Just because you get a long series of the same coin toss does not mean the coin is not random.
That assumes that fairness can be determined independently. For a system where fairness cannot be independently verified, a long string of negative values generally indicates that the stated odds of the system are incorrect: Either the machine is rigged, or your information about the odds is faulty. In this case, the game uses what appears to be the standard library RNG, which is known to be faulty.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 12:55 PM
I rest my case. Belle just had her first child. No forcing. Boy.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
It doesn't.

I just imagining keeping the game in x3 for a couple of days, and returning to find everyone in town is (fe)male.