Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:40 PM
Default Cat might be put down
My cat has spots all over it, and it is going to the vets. My parents have dropped me off at my friend's house, to save the hassle. I am really worried. Please tell me what is wrong with her.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:18 PM
Pretty sure that's the vet's job to figure out. "Spots" can be a lot of things, and vets usually know the difference.
Inventor
#3 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:20 PM
Maybe she's evolving into a cheetah... I'm sorry, hope the cat is ok.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:01 PM
By 'spots' do you mean like 'bumps'? Because one of my cats is allergic to basically the entire outdoors and he gets bumps all over when he's having an allergy incident and then the bumps turn into scabs.
Instructor
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:26 PM
My first thought upon hearing that was an allergic reaction, but an actual legitimate diagnosis is above my pay grade. I'm truly sorry. I do hope your kitty fairs well.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:00 PM
If your cat's only symptoms are "spots," then it's pretty unlikely that you're going to get a diagnosis necessitating that she be put down immediately. I'm guessing by spots, you mean some sort of rash, bumps, or swellings? It's probably more likely that she's got an allergic reaction, bug bites, fleas, or ticks. Have you changed her food or given her a new kind of treat lately? Is she an outdoor cat? Either of those would point to an allergic reaction of some sort.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:25 PM
GOOD NEWS: Cat is alive, but bumpy.

She has been given some medication called Feliway, popular in the UK. This thread will be used for when she eventually (shivers) gets put down.
Inventor
#8 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 11:34 AM
Feliway isn't medication ?

I have it, it's just a wall plug-in to reduce stress in cats. Unless that's why your cat was bumpy, from stress?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 4:41 AM
Before i put my poor kitty down, and don't get me wrong, I was very, very, upset, but before I had to, I thought about a lot of things, and since it was truly serious, I couldn't justify having him stay alive and suffer. It was a very hard decision to have to make. They told me even if we did do the surgery, it would be no guarantee that the problem would not reoccur.

On the positive side, at least you can start trying to rule out what is stressing poor puss out. It might be something so small it's easily overlooked. Hugs for you and kitty.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 12:13 PM
Sorry your cat is stressed, glad its fine
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:25 PM
I had a cat which really fighted her alot, hes been moved out of the house for well over a year now, and until the vets visit, she kept licking herself, and lost her fur everywhere, and got those bumps. Feliway plug-in, now her life appears to be theraputic, and the spots and baldness are gone.