Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:56 PM
Default Roller coasters
What is the name of your favorite rollercoaster?

my favorite roller coaster is called wild mouse
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:29 PM
wild mouse
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 7:55 AM
mine is the wooden roller coaster in playland (the Vancouver B.C. Canada one not the one somewhere on the east coast of the U.S.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvuQqNrjIYM

if you ever ride just remember if you hold on you won't fly into the lap bar

the park also has the roller coaster used in final detestation 3 but without all the editing done to it, there's a video on the chancel that put up the video i linked to
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 5:03 PM
next time i go to Blackpool i want to go on the big dipper

Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:02 PM
I can't handle roller coasters. I can't even handle the very loopy water slides at the water parks. The only thing remotely roller coast like that I can handle is Trimper's Haunted House in Ocean City, MD. It's more fun and nostalgic than it is scary (but there were a few good jump scares the last time I went on it.)

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:40 AM
I don't go to amusement parks often, but I do love roller-coasters. I've never been to Cedar Point with the huge roller-coasters, but I've known many people that have been. Makes mine feel small in comparison

The name of my favorite roller-coaster is Diamondback. It's a very smooth ride in Ohio. I love it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:43 PM
Have you ever heard of kingda ka and Zumanjaro?
the only way i would ride these two rides is if some one sedated me first and then put me on the ride
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:44 PM
Going on holidays to Florida every few years is my favourite thing, and I love rollercoasters.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:46 PM
@IrishA03
whats the name of the most intense ride that you have ever ridden?
Scholar
#10 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@IrishA03
whats the name of the most intense ride that you have ever ridden?

Hard to say. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is fun, though.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:00 PM
@IrishA03

would you ride this ride?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 1:01 AM
I don't like riding roller coasters. Too high up and loopy for my taste. I have taken a few simple rides in one of those "timber" carriages that floats on water (with somewhat sharp downslides), and one that was up-and-down a track in a wagon where you could to a degree control the speed yourself, and of course a few child-friendly rides when I was younger.

I'm just not the type of person that likes speedy, "uncontrollable" rides. I get more than enough of that when I hitch a ride with certain of my family members...
Theorist
#13 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:51 PM
When I was 12, I would ride any and all roller coasters. Just 12 though. It's the year I rode at least 5 different roller coasters. Every other age before and after, totally terrified of them. I won't even go near them now. People die on those things. As a general rule, I avoid doing things that might cause me to croak whenever possible.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 5:37 AM
you realize that your more likely to die in a car accident then an amusement park right?

edit: much more likely as there's car accidents everyday and some parks never have any ride related deaths at all even after several decades
Instructor
#15 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:53 AM
We have a handful of theme parks here in Italy, and only one of theme is worth visiting in my opinion, which is Gardaland (on lake Garda).
But I'm more like a dark-ride kind of guy.
My favorite is "I Corsari" which is basically a "Pirates of the Caribbean" knock-off but I read somewhere that back then it was the priciest theme park attraction ever created.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Theorist
#16 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cord11
you realize that your more likely to die in a car accident then an amusement park right?

edit: much more likely as there's car accidents everyday and some parks never have any ride related deaths at all even after several decades

I knew someone would say that.
However, riding in a car accomplishes a greater objective and that is to get from point A to point B. Depending on the need to get to point B (i.e. getting to work so I can get paid so I can eat and pay bills), it may be worth the risk. I also do not ride in compact cars and if I plan to make a longer trip where speed may exceed 60mph, I do the opposite of most people and drive my largest, least fuel-efficient vehicle.
I guess for some people, the 10-minutes of sheer terror are worth the risk on a roller coaster, but I can do without.

I'm very risk-averse, and yeah, I know I'm a total drag to be around. If I had a nickname, it would be Wet Blanket.

Resident wet blanket.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:03 PM
i want to go on avalanche next time i go to Blackpool pleasure beach

Theorist
#18 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 11:08 PM
Roller Coaster Tycoon is my favorite roller coaster. No lines. No heat. No expensive tickets.

Win.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 11:22 PM
@Mistermook

do you mean the game?
i have got roller coaster tycoon 3, splash and wild EPs brand new all in one disc for about £7.00 from ebay
but i haven't played it in a few months
Theorist
#20 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@Mistermook

do you mean the game?
i have got roller coaster tycoon 3, splash and wild EPs brand new all in one disc for about £7.00 from ebay
but i haven't played it in a few months

I'm pretty sure there's no Roller Coaster Tycoon in real life. Walt Disney is dead.