Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 2:27 AM
Default Help converting Na'vi Sim
I'm not too good with the whole converting and modding Sims. I would like help converting SugarandCaffeine's Neytiri Avatar Sim. I asked their permission to post this thread and ask for someone else to convert their Sim. The only thing that we cannot use is the stripe texture used. It is is from Synapicsim. I would greatly appreciate any help

SugarandCaffeine's Neytiri

~Kir
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 6:16 AM
While that would be a cool project (I have enjoyed playing that game), it is not really simple to "convert" Sims 2 meshes to sims 3 ones.

Problems are that the skeleton is all different (so you have to redo all of the skin weights), the Sims 3 meshes have feet separate from the bottom, and teh Sims 2 meshes have less detail.

My recommendation would be to get Delphy's Cas Texture Unitool from the downloads section here at MTS and make a new outfit and a new texture, because converting that all will be a bigger task than modifying a clothing item and retexturing. While I don't think anyone has made a tail yet, accessories have been meshes, and there is a mod to add sliders for the ears.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.