Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 7:25 AM
Default animation question...
hey, im kinda new to meshing, etc. but i was wondering if there is a way to create an animated object?

If i cant make my t-shirt designs in real life... then ill make them in the virtual life!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 1:05 AM
To the best of my knowledge the answer to that question is no.
Site Helper
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:13 AM
Wes_h is testing an animation tool here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=375945

So if you are interested in testing his tool, I'm sure he would welcome your feedback.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:24 AM
That tool is not for objects...it is for Sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 2:49 AM
thanks Ghost sdoj and orangemittens, ill have a go at the tool in the near future

If i cant make my t-shirt designs in real life... then ill make them in the virtual life!
Alchemist
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 10:49 AM
Actually, it was designed for both objects and sims... they use the same file format. But I only ever built a rigging file for adult sims. The rigging file is certainly not for anyone that does not understand skeletons and joints, but it is a configuration file, no C++ knowledge required.

Still, you have to read the docs... how primitive.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:19 PM
"Actually, it was designed for both objects and sims... "

Thanks for correcting my statement Wes. I forgot you had said this before...and I can't even blame my granola :p
Alchemist
#8 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 2:17 AM
Is it ok to post a question about the tool here?

This. My settings are how you said they should be but still her wrist gets all thin if I try to turn her hand. How to fix?
Alchemist
#9 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 6:04 AM
I think most of the animations twist the hand by rotation the next joint up... I think it is the wrist joint instead of the hand. The skin weights should gradually change as you move from the wrist to the upper arm, spreading the twist over a longer area, instead of all in one spot.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
#10 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 12:53 PM
Thank you for explaining, I think I understand the principle you're describing. I'm confused about the wrist joint though. The joint called "wrist" is a red dot (with no green dots below it) halfway along the shaft of the forearm bones. I've never been able to do anything with joints like that which doesn't seriously distort the Sim. This isn't the joint I should be looking to rotate is it?

Although the answer to that seems self-evident to me in Sims 3 my assumptions about how something works are frequently incorrect so I'm asking anyway. :P