Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Celoptra : 9th Nov 2012 at 4:05 PM.
Default Ideas Celo (and others) would include in Celo's life game
There was a lot of confusion over on my last thread about the ideas I had for a game if I was able to make one. So I made this so people weren't talking about EA or Sims 3. I would like you to click on the agree or disagree buttons if you like or dislike an idea.

IF I could make a sim simulation game this is what I would have:

In CAS there would be a butt, feet, hip, leg,etc sliders. Oh and tooth design sliders

There would be of course clothing, but as part of clothing there would be an underclothes section. There would be a pre-teen stage (that I will explain in a later post).

Please if you disagree with an idea please explain why. (I will explain the tooth slider in the next post)

PSS (I apologize in advance if I might seem a bit close-minded. I'm not really. It just I have ideas of my own)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 10:13 PM
............wut?

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Site Helper
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:26 PM
Celoptra wants to discuss her ideas for a brand new Sims-like game, which will never be made because Celoptra doesn't know how to program (to say nothing of the difficulty of any one person writing a game of the complexity of the Sims).

Because she'd like separate feedback on each idea, she's planning to state each idea in its own post. She'd like people to either Agree or Disagree (buttons). If you disagree, she'd like you to state your reasoning.

For more background on this, see the original thread here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=490148
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 3:01 AM
I closed the original thread, since the original post was removed.

Celoptra, just a word of warning: you can ask people to post in a certain way in your thread, but this is the Internet and there's no guarantee they'll comply... which is fine so long as they follow site rules
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I closed the original thread, since the original post was removed.

Celoptra, just a word of warning: you can ask people to post in a certain way in your thread, but this is the Internet and there's no guarantee they'll comply... which is fine so long as they follow site rules

Thanks for the warning. Warning back..some other posts might seem like I might be attacking a person but in reality I am not. It just I don't have great communication skills.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celoptra
There was a lot of confusion over on my last thread about the ideas I had for a game if I was able to make one. So I made this so people weren't talking about EA or Sims 3. I would like you to click on the agree or disagree buttons if you like or dislike an idea.

IF I could make a sim simulation game this is what I would have:

In CAS there would be a butt slider and leg sliders. Oh and tooth design sliders
There would be of course clothing, but as part of clothing there would be an underclothes section. There would be a pre-teen stage (that I will explain in a later post).

Right here we have the sliders I was talking about in the other thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416
It includes quite a few different sliders including butts and legs (mostly changing the girth of the legs).

There are nearly 14,000 thanks and it's a featured download, so I assume that the idea is popular.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 4:39 PM Last edited by Celoptra : 5th Nov 2012 at 2:20 AM.
I also included a foot slider in the Oringal post that I will explain in the Fairy Tale EP.

(I know that this next part is a bit conterversy..that's whyy its optional)

There would be one very special button in CAS this button allows you have to
Disabled sims. If you press this button, you get access in-game to ramps,elevators and special kind of stoves, showers, compailty buildings,etc . But if you don't want the disabled sims just don't click on the button. (this is the only way that you could get disabled sims in my version of the game if I could make one), using this would get an additional sliders that allows for hearing loss and which ear. I would have a blind sim rely heavy on their other senses (ie.hearing, smell). Same for a deaf sim (but seeing, smell,etc) for instance in a deaf sim's home, the doorbell would be rigged to the lamps which would flash when the doorbell was rung.). For wheelchair-bound sims there would be the option of either stair lifts or an elevator to get from place a) to place b)

I think disabled sims should be included for several reasons. one "Cripface" is the new "blackface" in TV shows (ie.an able-bodied person playing a disabled person (Think Archie from Glee). Two many of TV shows or movies (with the exception of The Miracle Worker and two Arthur characters) which involve a disabled person is following the old model of the "Medical Model". Ie. "make the person fit the environment not make the environment fit the person".

Three, in stories a disabled person is either a)temporary disabled (ie Colin from The Secret Garden) if not they bound to be evil (ie. Captian Hook, Long John Sliver). The only exception to those two rules is two characters in Harry Potter (Lupin and Alstor "Mad Eye Moody" and maybe Albus and Abeforth's sister ) and Mary Ingall, sister of Laura Ingall Wilder (and of Course the Professor in X-Men).

The one VG game I am aware of that has disabled characters is a Japense dating game. The deaf girl is the class representative, the girl with prosthetic legs is on the Track&Field team, a girl with no arms is a painter. This not including disabled characters isn't a problem just for a game like sims but other kind of games too. I am not talking about blood or accidents. So I do not see how it could raise the rating. (PS. Correct me if I am wrong, But has anyone sued Family Guy for the deception of the wheelchair police officer or South Park for the deception of disabled kids?).

You do realize all most every single famous person in history had a disabltiy of some kind or other. (Lewis Carroll, Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens, FDR, Leondardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Helen Keller,Lord Byron, Robbie Williams, Walt Disney..EVEN JULIUS CAESAR!)

According to this pose: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=479865 there been 4,838 downloads of it. So that tells you how popular the idea is.

I believed I covered all arguments that someone could threw at me.

and I really wish I could continue writing this thread but because of the stupid no double posting rule I CAN'T until sometimes POSTS.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 3:45 AM
I agree with the idea of having disabled sims in this life game. (I also agree with having disabled sims in The Sims, but that isn't the point of this thread.) From a non-disabled person's perspective, I don't think that having them in is a big deal. It's a life sim and that's part of life. From a storyteller's point of view, it opens up a lot more potential story arcs. While it would be a pain to program if Celo was ever going to make it, it would be a unique feature in simulation games.

Since nobody has stated any reasons they disagree, let's assume that everyone on the planet agrees! (I am well aware that people disagree with this idea, but you're not giving us anything to argue with here.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 5th Nov 2012 at 4:57 AM.
I guess I covered all my tracks by making sure I covered all arguments I had seen on the officials about the topic (and including my only research into the mix)

Next UP Traits

traits/personality
Here are some traits idea me and someone from another website thought up off (and we would also have personality points)

Ambitious-would want to get As, and if they have dramatic trait too would want to get lead role (and if evil or mean spirited might try to sabtoge the real lead's role)

Artistic-creative projects for homework and doodle in their notebooks during lunch hour

Athletic -want to do all sports no matter what the sport is. (has a chance of broken arm/leg)

Bookworm students tutor other kids and maybe get paid to do homework

Clumsy- spill food/drinks on the floor, accidently break objects, and with a Pets EP cause a mess of pets' water. (and if a child or teen might break a valuable heirloom)

Daredevils- play with fire, do dangerous tricks on bikes,snowboards, skilling,etc (can have a chance of a broken leg/arm)

Dramatic students-put on plays (if there is more then one major competion)

Evil toddlers-can draw on walls (and maybe older adult sims can kidnap others-I have more thoughts about kidnapping idea later)

flirty sims will flirt with anyone wether or not they have a BF/GF

Genius students tutor other kids and maybe get paid to do homework

Hopeless romantic-want to find their one true love

Would love for more ideas for traits.

*if the kid is born in-game they can earn or loose traits.

(I guess whilel I wait for another post..I can go and try to make more career chance cards ideas. But the next part is going to be tricky if I want to include both chance cards and the careers itself)

Next Post-ingame part one
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 4:36 AM
I'm not sure flirty sims would be more concerned with finding a boyfriend or girlfriend than anything else; "flirty" refers to someone who likes flirting with other people. They don't necessarily restrict that to one person. In fact, having a SO would get in the way of them flirting.

I would love to see evil sims actually acting evil. Being happy when someone else is suffering: evil (unless it's consensual). Rubbing their hands together and cackling is just hammy. If they had the Insane or Dramatic traits, that's understandable, but a little too much for others.

One suggestion for traits: the different combinations unlock different things. For instance, a Dramatic Genius would have an option to show off their intelligence. An Evil Genius toddler can draw death traps on the walls. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 5:18 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 5th Nov 2012 at 5:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
I'm not sure flirty sims would be more concerned with finding a boyfriend or girlfriend than anything else; "flirty" refers to someone who likes flirting with other people. They don't necessarily restrict that to one person. In fact, having a SO would get in the way of them flirting.

I would love to see evil sims actually acting evil. Being happy when someone else is suffering: evil (unless it's consensual). Rubbing their hands together and cackling is just hammy. If they had the Insane or Dramatic traits, that's understandable, but a little too much for others.

One suggestion for traits: the different combinations unlock different things. For instance, a Dramatic Genius would have an option to show off their intelligence. An Evil Genius toddler can draw death traps on the walls. :D

(that why I said that if a sim was evil, dramatic, and ambitious he/she might try to sabotage the lead's role if he/she didn't get the part)

ingame:
There would be jobs of course. Journalist would be sent to "the field" to cover stuff. Journalists could sometimes get chased by dogs or on rare occasions a politician.
The only thing I have an idea of for journalist is this:

You and your co-workers at paper A have been writing articles about what some people considered to be the buffoon politician. Some readers of the Paper A have commented on the Paper's website that you were 'attacking' the politician. While Paper B has been making the buffoon politician look 'good'. What do you do?

1)make a contraction (readership goes down 2)keep writing articles about the scrapes the buffoon poltican is always getting in (don't know what to put as a consequence here anyone know?) or 3)ignore

or chance card two:
The Mayor been claiming you been spying on their family and that's why he chased you off their property. Techinally you weren't spying on anyone, you just were doing research on the park behind their property. What do you do?

1)Confess you were spying or 2)tell the truth 3)ignore

Polictians could actually set up and have sim elections (all the citizens) would go to vote for their choice), and make real decisions.
Chance Card: You used to coach a school football team before you became mayor. When you did become mayor you missed several council meetings
to go and be at you're team's games. You claim that they forfiet the game if you weren't there. What do you do?

1) disregard everyone else's opinion and still go and be the team's coach or 2)make being mayor the priority.3)ignore

Law Enforcement go around and keep the crime low? Doctors (think its fine), Military, Culinary is fine, Scientist (maybe trying to find cures for the diseases--not anything serious in my version of the game). Musicians are fine. Authors could have book signings at the book store.

*supply teacher would not be part of the Education career but the being paid would amount to how many days you were called in, in a week.

*both the journalist and poltican chance cards are based upon real events. (once I think of chance cards for LE, Medical, etc.. I will edit it)

Next Part-non-rabbitholes
Theorist
#12 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 8:18 PM
I saw the title, and I was like, "Whoah, that Celo guy is coming out with a life game?"
Then I clicked the thread, and was like, "Oh, Celo = OP, not that short fat singer guy." Had to search Google to see the guy I'm thinking of spells his name "Cee Lo". Oh well, it would be pretty bad-ass if he (Cee Lo) had his own life game. Not too unrealistic of a proposition, I hear he is coming out with his own sitcom.

Anyway, in a theoretical sim game, I would like to see:

Height Slider - So I can make short fat sims like Cee Lo Green, that's the first sim I think I'd make if I owned Celo's sim game.
Neck Slider - So my Cee Lo sim can have no neck like the real guy. He just wouldn't look right with a neck.
Cats - My Cee Lo sim will need a fluffy white cat. He needs to be able to let the cat sit on his lap so he can pet it like an evil cartoon boss. I wish we had such an animation in TS3 Pets!
Birds - Because my Cee Lo sim will need a big ol' bird on his shoulder.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I saw the title, and I was like, "Whoah, that Celo guy is coming out with a life game?"
Then I clicked the thread, and was like, "Oh, Celo = OP, not that short fat singer guy." Had to search Google to see the guy I'm thinking of spells his name "Cee Lo". Oh well, it would be pretty bad-ass if he (Cee Lo) had his own life game. Not too unrealistic of a proposition, I hear he is coming out with his own sitcom.

Height Slider - So I can make short fat sims like Cee Lo Green, that's the first sim I think I'd make if I owned Celo's sim game.
Neck Slider - So my Cee Lo sim can have no neck like the real guy. He just wouldn't look right with a neck.
Cats - My Cee Lo sim will need a fluffy white cat. He needs to be able to let the cat sit on his lap so he can pet it like an evil cartoon boss. I wish we had such an animation in TS3 Pets!

Pets will be covered in a latter post

There would be a bakery, a candy store, a mall, restaurants*, of course grocery store (this would have shopping cart where you're sim can place their food and if they have a small child they can place the child in the front of the shopping cart, but there would also be little toy shopping carts too for toddler children) & book store (yes these would be non-rabitholes but for the restaurant there would be a bit of a rabbit hole, the "kitchen" is the rabbit hole). You could buy out and run them yourself you would be able to set prices, hire employees, there would be little chance cards about problems employees are having and you have to make the right designs) examples of chance cards:

Store (any store):
Other Employees have reported that one employee, Dodger, has been embezzling money or stealing (whatever the store sells) and threatening employees. But Dodger has always been nice to you and you can't imagine to fire him.

Choice 1)Fire them 2)Keep them but give him a warning? (if it continues company goes bankrupt) 3)lawsuit? 4) ignore

Restaurant (but can also work with the Mall)
A mom was in a restaurant in the dinning area with a baby and started to breastfeed the baby and another customer complained to their server of the breastfeeding** being "tasteless" and the server asks the mom to leave or move to the ladies room.

Movie theatre: get to chose what kind of snack/pop your sim want to eat/drink (or decide just to skip the snack and pop and wait until after the movie to eat).

*There would be three types of restaurants:
Fast-Food
Casual dinning (ie. Tim Hortons)
Slow-Food (anywhere their are servers and hosts)

**this will be talked about very soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat

Slider to make sims shorter: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...980#post3118980
There are a few other sliders in the thread you might want to download to get the body proportions right. And there's a slider to make your sims taller here.

Neck slider is in this package: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416

Sadly, no way to evilly stroke cats.
Theorist
#15 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 9:16 PM
Yep, I do use Jonha's sliders, they're pretty great!

It's a shame nobody figured out how to fix the height slider kissing animations though. That's probably the only reason I don't use a height slider in TS3. My sims are always kissing ... people they're not supposed to.
If I did make Cee Lo sim, he'd be doing a lot of kissing. So I hope if Celo wins the lottery and releases her own sim game, it has a height slider with proper kissing animations.
I hope she makes evilly stroking cats priority in her Pets expansion as well.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 2:15 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 6th Nov 2012 at 4:38 AM.
babies:
you can chose whether sim moms could breast feed them or just stick with the green glob of milk bottle. Breastfed babies will be less likely to get diseases then their formula fed babies. Babies aren't swaddled up. The have legs, and you can dress them in cute little outfits. Sim moms/dad/grandparents/older siblings can sing to them or rock them in the rocking chair. Yes bath them too. If there are twin or triplets, they have more "connection" with each other. (throughout life).

sub-topic of baby-adoption idea:
two ways of giving up baby for adoption. Number 1 would be open adoption (the kid's birth parents would still be in touch during the child's growing up). or number 2 closed adoption. IF the latter the kid, when a teen does have a chance to try to find their birth parents (they can choose not to do it if they don't want too).

In-game kids available for adoption should have a family history of why they're in the system in the first place.

Maybe an Orphanage in the game?

Maybe foster care

Next Up-Toddlers
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:49 AM
babies:
you can chose whether sim moms could breast feed them or just stick with the green glob of milk bottle. (note:sim mom who breast feed their babies are less likely to get diseases).

Wouldn't the baby be the one less likely to get diseases? Although I am pretty sure that some diseases like HIV can be transmitted through breastmilk.

Also, there are some women who can't breastfeed for various reasons: breast surgery (for both cosmetic and medical reasons), their body just doesn't produce enough milk, they adopted so their glands haven't been triggered, etc. Some men are also capable of breastfeeding; would that be in your game?

I'm for the idea of breastfeeding (I have a mod for that in Sims 3), but it's a little less practical in real life for some people.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 3:53 AM
Wouldn't the baby be the one less likely to get diseases? Although I am pretty sure that some diseases like HIV can be transmitted through breastmilk.

Also, there are some women who can't breastfeed for various reasons: breast surgery (for both cosmetic and medical reasons), their body just doesn't produce enough milk, they adopted so their glands haven't been triggered, etc. Some men are also capable of breastfeeding; would that be in your game?

I'm for the idea of breastfeeding (I have a mod for that in Sims 3), but it's a little less practical in real life for some people.

You just thought wrongly since I DID say that babies who got breastfeed would be less likely to get diseases.

note:sim moms who breast feed their babies are less likely to get diseases.

That second part: surgery, not enough milk,etc is why there is also the choice of formula (or milk bank) bottles.

PS. Should I put Arranged Marriage "History way" into the baby part or save it for a complety separate post (ie. like when I talk about weddings)
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:02 AM
You just thought wrongly since I DID say that babies who got breastfeed would be less likely to get diseases.

note:sim moms who breast feed their babies are less likely to get diseases.

That second part: surgery, not enough milk,etc is why there is also the choice of formula (or milk bank) bottles.

"who breastfeed their babies" is a descriptive clause specifying that the moms you're talking about are the ones who breastfeed their babies. Without it, the sentence becomes "Sim moms are less likely to get diseases", so the subject of the sentence is the moms, not the babies. Don't change the subject midsentence and expect us to understand you.

/grammar nazi rant
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:06 AM
"who breastfeed their babies" is a descriptive clause specifying that the moms you're talking about are the ones who breastfeed their babies. Without it, the sentence becomes "Sim moms are less likely to get diseases", so the subject of the sentence is the moms, not the babies. Don't change the subject midsentence and expect us to understand you.

/grammar nazi rant

Is the new sentence better?
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:27 AM
Is the new sentence better?

Much better.

Although I did find it a little amusing when you put "their babies" in italics, since the sentence then implied that sim moms can breastfeed other people...

Arranged marriages are probably best talked about in the marriage section.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:36 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 6th Nov 2012 at 4:48 PM.
Toddlers you can chose to still have sim mom breast feed or if your kid is on the bottle move to a sippy cup. (they can still move to a sippy cup if you started off breasting feeding) Toddlers can steal the other's cup/bottle. Also floaties. Nearing the end of this stage they will enter what I will call "JK" (early Elementary school). There also would be daycare options (pre-JK) open for moms (or both parents to work full-time). Two kind of daycare: Private and Personal daycare (for the latter its a daycare run in a person's own home vs. in no one's home aka former.). Toddler beds. Playing in the toilet.

Next up-Children
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:38 AM
What's a "floatie"?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 4:42 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 6th Nov 2012 at 4:59 AM.
What's a "floatie"?

They are float-able gear (ie. Inner tubes, or rubber armgear) Inflatable armbands (usually referred to as just "armbands", "water wings", or "swimmies"), are devices to help a wearer float in water and learn to swim.

one other question where should I put board games idea into since it ties in with both pets and kidnapping ideas?
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:00 AM
They are float-able gear (ie. Inner tubes, or rubber armgear) Inflatable armbands (usually referred to as just "armbands", "water wings", or "swimmies"), are devices to help a wearer float in water and learn to swim.

I see. I was thinking of something completely different, which didn't fit the context.

So toddlers will be able to swim? Will there be a skill for that, like with walking and talking?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 3