Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 2:35 PM
Default Private School and the Headmaster
How do you get into private school? How do you deal with the headmaster? All those questions and more, answered right here:

Game Guide: Private School

Any more questions about Private School not covered there? Have any other special tips and info? Post 'em up here.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:01 PM
HystericalParoxysm I salute you to every thing you ve done .. salute bro..
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 6:22 PM
Why does it say in the 'memories' of the parents about their child getting into private school - "now you just have to pay those fees" or something similar. Private school has no cost!
#4 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 7:13 PM
I believe Maxis originally intended for private school to cost $200 per day, per child. There is a fix at MATY (www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf) that implements this.

I have no idea why Maxis got rid of it though. Probably they thought it would be too hard for the 12-year-olds to actually send their Sims to work and earn some money.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 1:12 PM
Maybe Maxis got rid of it because all Sims, rich or poor, have a want that frequently comes up to send their kids to Private School, one which is also stubborn to re-roll. I think many people would get frustrated with that want if it was impossible for it to be fulfilled.

[At least without the parent sims being made broke]
#6 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 6:39 PM
No, actually, only Fortune sims and occasionally Knowledge sims get that want (do Family sims get it? I have no idea), and I don't find that it's stubborn to reroll for any type of sim that is not Fortune. Same for Fortune and Knowledge teens. Also, in the Sims world, $200 a day is really nothing. And if your sim is poor, wouldn't it make sense that they can't afford private school? I think it's a lot more fun to not have to, or even better, not be able to, satisfy every single want... watch them suffer a bit, no? Haha.

And if Maxis really didn't want impossible wants to roll up, then they should've fixed the coding that allows for sims to get wants to get engaged or married to sims that are already engaged or married. Or the minute stuff like 'go swimming' when there's no pool on the lot.

And if players really really wanted to send kids to private school, they could always cheat. I figure the type of player that wants to satisfy every single want for their Sims wouldn't have a problem with simple money cheats.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 2:04 PM
Actually, every Teen Sim and their parents get this want. It's not just limited to Fortune and Knowledge. To me, it seems it rolls up most often for Family than anything else.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blahgirl13
No, actually, only Fortune sims and occasionally Knowledge sims get that want (do Family sims get it? I have no idea), and I don't find that it's stubborn to reroll for any type of sim that is not Fortune. Same for Fortune and Knowledge teens. Also, in the Sims world, $200 a day is really nothing. And if your sim is poor, wouldn't it make sense that they can't afford private school? I think it's a lot more fun to not have to, or even better, not be able to, satisfy every single want... watch them suffer a bit, no? Haha.

And if Maxis really didn't want impossible wants to roll up, then they should've fixed the coding that allows for sims to get wants to get engaged or married to sims that are already engaged or married. Or the minute stuff like 'go swimming' when there's no pool on the lot.

And if players really really wanted to send kids to private school, they could always cheat. I figure the type of player that wants to satisfy every single want for their Sims wouldn't have a problem with simple money cheats.

I think you're missing the point. Wants are what your Sims WANT to happen. Regardless if they're married or not, a Sim will still WANT to marry that Sim. Since when was human behaviour any different? And I guess you still want to go swimming even when you don't have a swimming pool in your garden There are community lots for that sort of thing. And sometimes, people don't want to use money cheats and like the Sims to get rich on their own, much more satisfying. $200 a day may sound like nothing, but when the average wage is between that amount and $1,000, if your sim has more than 1 child money would go very quickly, at least for those who play the game without cheats.

I recently played a game in which, after building the house, the Sims had to work hard before they could afford bookcases, chess tables, etc to gain skill points to get promotions, to get money! Money was tight to even wallpaper the house. True, I could have built a smaller house. But its a lot more fun when you see the Sims' money and home grow and upgrade as they earn it.
#9 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 12:03 AM
*scratches head* I don't see how I'm missing the point... what I mean to say is that the Sims' wants in general aren't always fulfillable, and I think it would be more challenging and therefore more fun if private school actually cost money like it was originally going to and therefore the sims who couldn't afford it wouldn't be able to fulfill that want. That's just my play style though.

I didn't realize that all Sims got this want... really only Fortune sims keep rolling it in my game.
Scholar
#10 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 2:52 PM
I do see your point, I tend to restrict which Sims go to Private School and which don't. I also find that when you invite the headmaster over for dinner, poor families usually don't manage to get into private school anyway. The parents don't usually have enough time to study cooking, and have limited funding in terms of decorating the house and having 'high quality' objects. I only tend to let my poor sims have high quality kitchens, (as high quality as they can afford) because if they can have good food, then working and life is easier I tend to try to stretch the money for decent beds as well, but things like sofas and bathrooms (unless they don't have a shower) tend to be the last things I change as they gain wealth.
I tend to find that most parents get the 'send children to private school' want at some time or another, but it is least likely to come up in children, and most likely to come up in the children's own wants if they are fortune or knowledge teens.
#11 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 9:13 AM
I always just assumed that when the headmaster lets you into private school because you brown-nosed him, you were getting a scholarship.
Scholar
#12 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 12:25 PM
There is an item that I downloaded from MTS2, 'Apple of the teacher's eye' or something it was called. Its an aspiration reward and you can bribe the headmaster with $5,000 to let your kids into private school. There is a problem with it though. If you succeed, the headmaster goes home. But the headmaster scenario continues, and if you have less than 90 points when you bribe him (of course) it says at the end that you didn't get into private school, when you did. Not sure about memories, but it's in a bit of a pain. Good for a last minute resort, though.

Anyone else downloaded it and had a similar problem?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 9:36 AM
The wiki was talking about 100 points, but it's 90 in reality, or at least in my game's reality. Do you have to get all 90 points to go to private school? I got 85 - 2 foor food (even thou my woman was good enough to make turkey), twenty something for tour, and the rest for smooching (which went very well becuase now my woman is in love with the headmaster - only after one encounter with him) - but still I didn't get into private school. Does the overall score count, or just the fact that i scored so little in one area?

And it would have been great to have 200 simu payments/day, make my poor sim even poorer trying to educate their offspirngs :D
Scholar
#14 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 9:58 AM
It is 90 to get into Private School. I usually end up getting 100+ at the end of the Headmaster scenario, but as soon as you pass 90 then it ends. I tend to get the bulk of my points from dinner - hence why mine almost always goes above 90.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

#15 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 7:01 PM
I have an issue with the schmoozing....I always do the tour and food, then depend on the schmoozing to get me up to 90 points if the other two things haven't. However, when I do the endless line of schmoozing from different people, the headmaster starts rejecting the schmoozing and the score goes down and he stops having good responses alltogether. So if I didn't get enough on food and tour, it's unlikely I'll get the kid into private school.

Is this a glitch, or does it just have to do with charisma or mood or something else??
Scholar
#16 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 5:48 PM
Might have something to do with the mood of the Sims doing the schmoozing, and their personality. I would get them to wear those blue sunglasses to make the schmoozing sucessful.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 6:35 AM
I'll have to try some of those tips ... I have found it harder and harder to get them into private school. It seems they increase the difficulty after a few eps.
#18 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:25 PM
I got my girls into private school by having a one room with many gadgets and stuff, another with many paintings and another with all creativity boosting stuff with the computers and bookcases. Only 3 room tours are enough!!!The Lobster was made by Kaynlnn the maid. Schmoozing is quite easy too..

I once encountered a headmaster who once stepped out onto my front house, straight away judged it. He said that it was too good or something to be associated with his Private school! Bah. Proved him wrong!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 10:57 AM
don't know if anyone has suggested this but if you have bv go to twikki island and find thw witch doctor, and fix hes broken things and get the voodoo doll, when you arrive home invite the headmaster and use friendship spell on him. it puts your smhooze points way way up, you might just have to give him a tour after though to go over 90 points but if you do the tour make sure you only show him big room with skilling objects in (no bathrooms ect..ectt..) :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
don't know if anyone has suggested this but if you have bv go to twikki island and find thw witch doctor, and fix hes broken things and get the voodoo doll, when you arrive home invite the headmaster and use friendship spell on him. it puts your smhooze points way way up, you might just have to give him a tour after though to go over 90 points but if you do the tour make sure you only show him big room with skilling objects in (no bathrooms ect..ectt..) :D

This is because the schmooze score is equal to the number of Daily relationship points gained in that particular visit -- and the friendship "curse" certainly gives a lot of that! You can get similar but smaller bonuses from OFB's relationship perks, Seasons' summer effects, and AL's reputation perks -- just remember to have the Sim with the persk initiate the tour!
#21 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 1:06 AM
I usually try to Smooze a lot with the teens and children.
And for the Adults, Its there job to cook a good meal, and start flirting.
Once I get into Private School, the mums kick the old men to the curb
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:20 AM
when the headmaster gets into the hot tub, you get extra points! unfortunately he doesn't wanna come out so i had to get my sim to shoo him out for dinner. lol
#23 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 11:46 AM
I tend to get 100+ points when the headmaster arrives.

I give him a tour of the house (which is quite spacious) and whilst that's happening I get the other half to serve dinner.

I usually do a two course meal where there is a main and a dessert.

I've seen an image on here where they got points for the headmaster drinking expresso.
#24 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:31 PM
I usually get my sim kids into private school without too much difficulty, really (and usually with scores of 100+). Generally, the person who greets him will schmooze about school once before offering the tour of the house. I've honestly found that showing him the bedrooms usually gets a really good reaction out of him (likely due to the bedrooms having a high environment score, although I like to tell myself it's partly because he sees that each child has a good working space to him or herself, haha). Depending on how many rooms I can get to show him, it can easily knock off 40 or 50 points just on the tour (amusingly, the homes with less rooms to show, he tends to want to see four or five rooms from me, and the homes with more rooms to see, he stops at three).

While the tour goes on, I'll usually have whoever has the highest cooking skill in the family will be making dinner (usually pork chops or salmon; lobster has a higher tendency to burn, and it's a real pain to have to make them cook it all over again). However, sometimes I have it as a "prepared in advance" kind of thing (or "purchased from the local caterers") so that there isn't any risk of burning the food or (as happening with one of my first headmaster scenarios) starting a fire. It's rare to not end up with enough points right after he finishes eating, but if I need that extra little boost, they'll just serve some espresso to get it.
#25 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 8:09 PM
Or, instead of espresso, drinks from the bar work well too.
Page 1 of 4