Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
I've just modded this into the Romantic Reputation Recombobulator: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446164

Reading the XML, I would say that the autonomous breakup will probably happen either way. I'll try and concisely explain how it works at default (I say concisely... it's quite complicated).

There are 3 levels of "cheating". The levels are achieved through a points based system. I won't explain that bit, as it wouldn't make sense out of context anyway.

Any Sims within a radius of 10 Sim Meters (approximately the distance at which a Sim will elect to walk rather than run) that observe "cheating" will raise your score.

There are 3 levels of "betrayal" The level is assigned on a points based basis, (actions or being observed accrue points, until the threshold is met) The number of Sims who can observe betrayals before Level 2 is reached are: 9 Sims who don't know either of you. OR 4 Sims who have some kind of relationship with your Sims (even aquaintances) OR 2 Household members (including their household members) OR 1 Fiance/Spouse.

Obviously it is quite likely that a combination of these will observe, so that's why it triggers quickly. (Surely Friends would keep it on the hush hush though?)

Inviting your "partner" over 5 times, or visiting them 5 times is also enough to reach Level 2.

Phoning them, or them phoning you, 9 times will also trigger Level 2.

After 24 hours of no contact with your "partner", the visibility starts to decay, assuming that you are at the minimum required for Level 2, it takes 10 Sim hours for your visibility to completely disappear. (400 hours if you are at maximum visibility, although it is unlikely you will reach this point without being accused)

If your relationship with your partner is at 90 or above, then you have a 10% less chance of being accused, regardless of level.

The following traits in your partner will reduce the chance of accusing you by 10% - Inappropriate,Flirty,Coward,HopelessRomantic,Carefree,Shy

Conversely, these traits increase the chance by 10% - FamilyOriented,Good, Childish,CommitmentIssues,HotHeaded,Neurotic

At Level 1, your partner has a base 10% chance of accusing you. At Level 2, 15% and at Level 3 40%

Once caught, Giving gifts or apologising reduces the time that the betrayed party has the Betrayed debuff by 1 Sim hour, and 12 Sim hours respectively.

The betrayed parties friends have a 300% multiplier on whether to "tell about betrayal" as I don't have any base figures for that one I can't tell you about in game effects...

If your Sim is "Eternally Faithful" then the chance of being accused reduces to 15% regardless of level.

Once accused, your relationship with the accusee tanks by 90LTR points. (NOT 90%)

When the betrayed buff times out, if you haven't managed to repair the relationship by at least 25 points, then the relationship is ended.

See? Told you it was complicated

Let me ask this, does this fix A) The everyone instantly knowing your having two relationships?? B) the jealously bork where you can be in a different room kissing and the spouse or significant other will run across the house to you and smack you?
And C) The non cancellable actions? Please tell me it at least fixes the first two?? I didnt understand what you wrote at all haha
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#77 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
Let me ask this, does this fix A) The everyone instantly knowing your having two relationships?? B) the jealously bork where you can be in a different room kissing and the spouse or significant other will run across the house to you and smack you?
And C) The non cancellable actions? Please tell me it at least fixes the first two?? I didnt understand what you wrote at all haha

A) If you use the KillAll version then yes. Your Sims actions are basically invisible, and should never trigger the "Cheater" reputation track.
b) No, that requires a Core Mod. However the No Jealousy LTR should sort that bit anyway. The Romantic Reputation is completely unrelated to the jealousy code.
C) Sort of. Again, you can't get caught cheating by reputation, so the action should never occur. It won't actually stop it if something breaks through the Mod (and it shouldn't.. there are enough checks and balances in there that it's basically impossible) but the issue should never occur.

What I typed was the EA default settings, not the one's I modded.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:59 AM
I'm kind of indifferent to the romantic repuation thing. It's sort of neat as it adds a little bit of realism to the game, but can totally ruin your sims' relationships because of it, even for little things.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
A) If you use the KillAll version then yes. Your Sims actions are basically invisible, and should never trigger the "Cheater" reputation track.
b) No, that requires a Core Mod. However the No Jealousy LTR should sort that bit anyway. The Romantic Reputation is completely unrelated to the jealousy code.
C) Sort of. Again, you can't get caught cheating by reputation, so the action should never occur. It won't actually stop it if something breaks through the Mod (and it shouldn't.. there are enough checks and balances in there that it's basically impossible) but the issue should never occur.

What I typed was the EA default settings, not the one's I modded.

Isn't there a mod that allows sims 2 style jealousy though?? As in only actions seen get a reaction from a spouse?? OR is that just awesomemod that does that automatically??

And by my sims actions being Invisible you mean in the reputation list, I can still have a sim kiss someone right in front of his spouse and get them smacked?
Forum Resident
#80 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:53 PM
Isn't there a mod that allows sims 2 style jealousy though?? As in only actions seen get a reaction from a spouse?? OR is that just awesomemod that does that automatically??

Yes there is, EGC. Which is a CORE Mod, same as Awesome. My mod isn't Core.

Quote:
And by my sims actions being Invisible you mean in the reputation list, I can still have a sim kiss someone right in front of his spouse and get them smacked

Exactly.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Lab Assistant
#81 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:49 AM
omg this game is way too complicated. For casual users. Generations is sitting on my desk, still in it's shiny wrapper. It's probably going back, but maybe not, if the installation of the base game + eps goes well....

This game is only fun in theory -- in practice, it's torture. I hate it already. I resent the frustration all the bugs are going to inspire, and all the time needed to track down solutions to all the bugs only to find out that there are NO solutions. grrrrrrr.

And yanno what? If that's my attitude, I should just pretend I've already played the game and lost my mind, and keep on moving on to something less frustrating.
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:37 AM
Well, the relationship goodness (sarcasm) comes with the latest patch, so even if you return the game, you won't be spared the havoc it creates, unless you don't patch.

I honestly didn't like generations as well as the rest of the games. I'm an adult player, and don't tend to play with the sprogs that much. But lots of people do like generations so its tough call. =
Test Subject
#83 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 10:23 PM
Ugh. I would have liked it, maybe, if it worked. The game decided one of my sims was a cheater - even though he never even TALKED to anyone else after he started dating his wife - and his wife got mad and after a couple of days they showed up as EX-wife/husband. Not even a "your sim is getting divorced" popup or anything. Now they like each other again, but they still have to get re-married. Grr.

Looking into that mod now...
Instructor
#84 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 10:43 PM
Wow, I'm hearing all these stories of people's sims getting the cheater rep unfairly, but I can't get my reputation to budge an inch. Even my slutty mcslutterson sim still has a "none" reputation and she has at least 10 booty calls...what gives?

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#85 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Wow, I'm hearing all these stories of people's sims getting the cheater rep unfairly, but I can't get my reputation to budge an inch. Even my slutty mcslutterson sim still has a "none" reputation and she has at least 10 booty calls...what gives?

Is your sim in a relationship with someone? That's how I've had sims get it - however, my sim, who went out on a date with another sim, was the one that slapped the sim . . . not the actual girlfriend.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Instructor
#86 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
Is your sim in a relationship with someone? That's how I've had sims get it - however, my sim, who went out on a date with another sim, was the one that slapped the sim . . . not the actual girlfriend.
She's not exclusive with anyone, no, she just has several "romantic interests".

-Walter "Red" Smith
Forum Resident
#87 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:45 AM Last edited by severedsolo : 6th Jul 2011 at 3:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra

Yes, EA scored a bit of an own goal there. The "other Sim" is more likely to accuse than the spouse/partner because a marriage (and possibly a steady relationship.. not sure on that one yet) is an automatic Level 3 visibility. Suffice to say the RRR fixes this

Forum Resident
#88 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 12:23 AM
Here's a funny one: My sim right, Amber Winters had gotten into a relationship when she was a teenager, at her Prom (You know how you don't have a date, so they make your Sim like someone and become their girlfriend/boyfriend). She only saw this guy once after the Prom when I decided to let her date him... Only problem was in that time he became a YA >.> She was still like 10-12 days from growing up.

So she never contacted him because I couldn't be bothered, and since I was dealing with the rest of her household (Eight) including her rebellious sister she never had a relationship since then. She waited a while when she became a YA when I decided to pair her up with a Sim I was going to make for her, however she was still girlfriend to the guy from the Prom.

So she invited him over, however I wanted to kill him off since I didn't want either to do the break up. However I could not move him in (Her grandparents and sister were dead at this point, so she should have been allowed to). I guess he was a NPC or a Townie or even a foreign (Come to think of it, it did look like he was wearing one of those Martial Arts belts). So I used a cheat to add him to the active family then killed him off.

It was a while before I found Amber someone to date, and I made a Sim just for her (By this time she's halfway finished with YA). They started going on dates and everything, by the time they got married I was getting those messages "Amber and Cooper should tone it down before other Sims get hurt", Cooper being the guy who she was going to end up with. I had no idea why though, prior to the Prom guy she never dated anyone before or after. She might have flirted here and there but none ever went pass Friend.

Lucky Cooper never had the option to Accuse of Cheating, considering that her last boyfriend was dead. Either it glitched or EA really thinks Dead boyfriend means she can never date again (And considering she was a celebrity, well not really since it was 1 star but still, she would be accused of having a Child out of Wedlock >.> So EA wants her to die alone and childless).

It is annoying how you can't cancel queue actions though.
My Sim should able to stop his spouse from accusing of Cheating (And considering the word ACCUSING it's part of it, should able to deny it).

And my teens should able to cancel their parents putting them on time outs, scolding or banning them from objects. I don't care what it's like in real life, but if I want my Sim to completely ignore their parent especially since I imagine a Rebellious teen would do so then I should able to. And don't get me started on the cop who brings them home from pranking or being out after Curfew, my Sim should be allowed to ignore him and walk away or run away and hide. I say Sims 3 Cops are the worst cops in Sim history (For example, Sim goes Detonating everything around town and only gets a fine despite Sims get caught in Crossfire, or Grandpa goes stealing a car and nobody cares. Teen stands right OUTSIDE of his house, on the path just over that little line and he gets arrested, scolded and grounded even if the parent is not that far away and could see them from the door. What kind of City are those Sims running?)

In Sims 2 you could pretty much cancel any queues. Even when a Teen was caught by the police or by a parent from walking out you can just cancel the Lecture from parent and most funny part was, your Sim taking the Car for a drive or still being 3am you take the Sim downtown technically sneaking out and causing trouble anyways.

There's just so much you can't control in this game, which is stupid. I guess Sims 3 is a far cry from Sims 2, lucky I can still play that game but I do like Sims 3, despite how aggravating and annoying it is.

Oh how about once a Child or a Teen is on a bus you can't make them get out like if a Sim was going to work, or if they are in school, unlike work you can't make a Sim walk out of school (Being all like Stuff this, I got better things to do). Or Skip Detention when they get it.
Scholar
#89 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:17 AM
What I wish is that it could take affect as YA, I think you should be allowed to be promiscuous/test your options as a teen without being labelled as "naughty"/other bad labels
Instructor
#90 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 2:29 AM
Am I the only one that feels a "naughty" reputation is a good thing? Maybe they should have chosen a different, stronger word. Like "Bicycle" or "Flavor of the week" or even "Slut McSluttyslutslut"

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#91 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 3:24 AM
I agree that it is kinda stupid because your not cheating unless they are your bf/gf/fiance/husband/wife. I think that SpookyOkyBatGirl has a good idea and EA should change it.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Queen_Of_The_Court
I agree that it is kinda stupid because your not cheating unless they are your bf/gf/fiance/husband/wife. I think that SpookyOkyBatGirl has a good idea and EA should change it.

Problem is, EA wont change it, because theyre an evil company and dont care wether the best product ever or crap on a stick gets handed to us, as long as they make money. Theyve done this with madden ,Sims, Crysis, Dead Space, and plenty of other games. If we want them to freaking fix the problems they create instead of just writing them off, then we need to do something. A petition, or a whatever it is you call it where everyone holds out on using something to make a point. Im sure if they lost millions of dollars from the next EP they'd get the message, especially if we attatched to a message (We're not buying it until ALL of the previous bugs are fixed, and its a 100% completely playable version) At this point I don't care if that would cause them to stop the series, they are murdering the Sims series and many others because they simpley dont care anymore and its 100% unexcusable.
Alchemist
#93 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Lucky Cooper never had the option to Accuse of Cheating, considering that her last boyfriend was dead. Either it glitched or EA really thinks Dead boyfriend means she can never date again (And considering she was a celebrity, well not really since it was 1 star but still, she would be accused of having a Child out of Wedlock >.> So EA wants her to die alone and childless).

and here we have the truth of EA's master plan.
does that seem sarcastic? its not sarcastic.

Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
It is annoying how you can't cancel queue actions though.
My Sim should able to stop his spouse from accusing of Cheating (And considering the word ACCUSING it's part of it, should able to deny it).

And my teens should able to cancel their parents putting them on time outs, scolding or banning them from objects. I don't care what it's like in real life, but if I want my Sim to completely ignore their parent especially since I imagine a Rebellious teen would do so then I should able to.

and, this. a million times, this.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
Original Poster
#94 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 6:19 AM
I think romantic rep is just really half-hearted. Someone clearly didn't think it through when it was implemented. They wanted to put something in to reward 'faithful' sims (I have no problem with that by the way) but at the same time didn't take into the complexities of human relationships. So ea introduced a system that sort of forces every sim relationship to be the same, and penalizing everything else. Its just sort of lazy really. It doesn't take into account the complexities of true relationship.

*I* Want to choose what is cheating in my household thank you. *I* want to choose if my sims are upset or breakup or even care.

Sims has always been a sandbox game, but by adding autonomous breakups cheating accusations, it takes away from players right to choose their own sims lifestyle for themselves.

I am by no means advocating cheating or anything in Real life. But this is a fictional game which allows for playres to create their own stories. I want MORE gameplay not more restrictions. perhaps the sims hubbie isn't freaked out or even cares that the wife is dating the pool boy? Or perhaps she is dating him so they can finally have a kid at last?
Instructor
Original Poster
#95 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Am I the only one that feels a "naughty" reputation is a good thing? Maybe they should have chosen a different, stronger word. Like "Bicycle" or "Flavor of the week" or even "Slut McSluttyslutslut"

Naughty is one of the 'good' romantic reps. Its in the same vein as Don juan or whatever. There is sort of a good romantic rep track and a bad one.
Forum Resident
#96 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 3:24 PM
Yeah Naughty is the first step of the Don Juan track, which is overall a good track. If I remember rightly, it goes "Naughty, Casanova, Don Juan." Sims on that rep track get relationship boosts with anyone they go romantic with. The only bad rep track is the Cheater track. At least that's the only one that penalises your relationships.

Field Researcher
#97 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:02 PM
i had a sim who was 100% faithful to his husband - they were together since the start of high school - and one day my sim asked one of his friends if she was single and now he has the reputation of being a cheater! he's a family oriented sim! he just wanted to know if one of his old friends had found a good guy yet! how is that cheating? so now his reputation is tarnished, and i'm not spending his points on a 'clean slate' because it's dumb.
other than that, i don't really have much of a problem with it. a lot of my sims have 'cheater' reputations because they date more than one person at a time, but it doesn't seem to affect their relationships that much. a guy autonomously broke up with one of my sims possibly because she was 'caught cheating', but i think it was mostly because she'd forgotten about him and stopped talking to for a few weeks as well...
Instructor
#98 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:35 PM
This whole reputation things seems so 1950s. Humans are such perverse creatures. It seems that being a cheater might actually help one's relationships. Women always seem to like the "bad boys," and men like the "sluts" because they figure they will get lucky. There's a reason players get to be players.
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 9:46 PM
Problem is, EA wont change it, because theyre an evil company and dont care wether the best product ever or crap on a stick gets handed to us, as long as they make money. Theyve done this with madden ,Sims, Crysis, Dead Space, and plenty of other games. If we want them to freaking fix the problems they create instead of just writing them off, then we need to do something. A petition, or a whatever it is you call it where everyone holds out on using something to make a point. Im sure if they lost millions of dollars from the next EP they'd get the message, especially if we attatched to a message (We're not buying it until ALL of the previous bugs are fixed, and its a 100% completely playable version) At this point I don't care if that would cause them to stop the series, they are murdering the Sims series and many others because they simpley dont care anymore and its 100% unexcusable.

I can tell you that I will not be buying any more Sims anything until EA fixes all of the existing TS3 bugs and especially fixes this frigged up reputation crap.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Instructor
Original Poster
#100 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 12:36 AM
Sadly, EA seems to have wanted to rewards 'faithful' sims with a nice moodlet, as people in the sims 3 forums have been wanting a faithful trait. What I don't get is why they didn't make it a trait, so people could have faithful non-cheating sims. I have no problem with even giving a nice boost to non-cheating sims by being faithful. But as a mini-game the rep panel stinks. So the panel awards monogamy. Does it also reward anything else? Kind of dumb.

I think the issue is, EA really couldn't delve into the 'romantic rep' sufficiently without getting called onto the carpet and upping the rating. They chose to softball it by simply awarding monogamy, punishing non-monogamy without getting a bit more creative. Human relationships are complex, and actually dealing with the fact that not every sim be monogamous or even want to be means that they might have to acknowledge that people like playing sims who are less conventional. I don't know why this would be an issue, as they've previously allowed it with no jealousy, master romancer (date multiple sims at once). They've kind of painted themselves a bit in the corner with this, without giving players an opt out (such as no jealousy etc), it simply forces everyone to be monogamous, OR ELSE.

Perhaps sims with inappropriate or flirty could get a boost for having multiple romances or they might act differently than the status quo?

I read too that there was a trait that got pulled... That was considered too racy? Was that this expansion?
Page 4 of 5