Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:02 PM
how to create a blank/empty world?
im sorry if i shouldnt ask this here but ive seen a guide before on how to make a world with nothing in it. i dont know how to find it again. can anyone help to tell me how to do it?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:07 PM
What do you mean nothing? Like a blank default green EA canvas or just no buildings? If you like to make your own world there is tons of tutorials and some in the top menu Create/create-a-world at the top of the forum is some pinned lists of useful information etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:08 PM
no builings and no people
dodgy builder
#4 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:09 PM
If you just want to download a backdrop for your own buildings, I have some in the downloads section and others also has some there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:09 PM
i used to come to this site all the time for info and i havent looked here in quite a while, a lot has changed! im a noob again lol
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:13 PM
I made a set of blank flat worlds in different sizes at http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1224.0

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:13 PM
thanks!
dodgy builder
#8 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:14 PM
I don't know where they go either, I just send them to a moderator. I can't choose section myself lol. If you click on my name though you should find them there
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I made a set of blank flat worlds in different sizes at http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1224.0

does it matter what eps i have? or will they work with any of them?
dodgy builder
#10 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fritome
does it matter what eps i have? or will they work with any of them?

If there's nothing on those maps of Inge, there isn't anything requiring anything I guess. It SHOULD be a walk in the park with basegame.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 2:40 AM
ok my daughter downloaded a huge blank world. i love it but how do we put a city hall and all that stuff in it? those arent in the bin with the rest of the community lots.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:09 AM
You'll need a world with roads in if you actually want to play it meaningfully. My totally blank worlds are really intended for people who just want to build or test stuff.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#13 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 3:35 PM
If I remember correctly, EA actually has a "lite" version in their CAW. It's Sunset Valley with roads, but without any lots.
I think you can load that lite version into your game, and then add the lots and rabbit holes that you want?

Otherwise, I know I took a day once, and deleted everything from a world that I didn't want there. You can always try that...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:28 PM
I've created a world using the Sunset Valley terrain for my first attempt at using CAW and it's a playable world I use for one of my games and it's working very well for a practice project in CAW.I made two other blank worlds wothout lots or buildings and the worlds are Winfield and Oak Leaf and I play other games in them.I'm currently working on a new priject in CAW and it's a desert world with no lot or population to be added and there won't be any buildings until I play in it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:43 PM
i discovered that populating a world is pretty time consuming lolol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 6:45 PM
ok my daughter downloaded a huge blank world. i love it but how do we put a city hall and all that stuff in it? those arent in the bin with the rest of the community lots.

i figured this out. i had to go to one of my saved worlds and just put those buildings in the library to put in the empty world we downloaded.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:59 PM
ok guys, i need some suggestions for a few good roomy residential lots that are good horse ranches. thanks for any help. i prefer them be on this site please and no cc if possible.
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:27 PM
ok guys, i need some suggestions for a few good roomy residential lots that are good horse ranches. thanks for any help. i prefer them be on this site please and no cc if possible.

Here's a nice place for a horse...but you should really check out the download section for yourself...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:29 PM
ive been looking, they've been a bit hard to find. thank you for helping =)
Scholar
#20 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM
ive been looking, they've been a bit hard to find. thank you for helping =)

You've given me an idea for a future project. I'm in the middle of a couple right now, but when I'm done, I'll make a horse ranch.
It will probably be base game, because I don't have Pets installed. I just don't have the graphic card
to support more than a couple of EPs at a time. I might just uninstall one of the ones I have up, so that I can install Pets.
(I'm assuming there must be lotsa horse ranch goodies in the package.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:39 PM
that'd be great! cant wait to see what you make =)
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:59 PM
Fritome, I know what you mean about feeling like a nube. The site has changed a lot and we all have to relearn it. But I think it is much better organized now.

If you are looking for specific things you can always ask in the "Where Can I Find" forum: https://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=559