Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2006 at 2:32 AM
Default We are currently experiencing server errors...
PLease bear with us if you are not seeing thumbnails or are getting a redirect page to an expired domain. We do know about this and are working to correct it- everything else should work as usual.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:04 AM
Okie-dokie.
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:05 AM
Dont kill the site while trying to fix it for crying out loud.

PS:

Fix the lag while you are at it
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:08 AM
yay...at least i finally got in

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:08 AM
Hey, if you leave the site, and then try to go back here by typing in www.modthesims2.com it will not work. However, typing in www.modyourllama2.com will get you here without that re-direct stuff. Thank goodness for April fool's jokes! :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:20 AM
Well the addy http://www.modthesims2.com is not working. Everyone is being redirected to the Expired Domain.

Im accessing MTS2 right now thru http://www.modyourllama2.com/ & its working.
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:21 AM
I am starting to see some immages. Not all but some
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:21 AM
Actually, I think the DNS registration vultures are just being greedy. The NAME should go along with the price paid to host the site.

I was in the middle of writing a message and got redirected. The bad thing about the DNS hijacking is if a NON-MTS2 member decides to 'buy' the name, they could put up some other kind of site, OR, start charging higher prices for the name.. very bad. Unfortunately, that IS being done on the internet.

I was ready to get my credit card out and renew the domain for a month before a non-member grabbed it. (I had work to do here. lol) BUT, the renew page wouldn't open. I think LyricLee must have been in there stomping on the greedy guys. YAY LyricLee! Those hoofs are good for something!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:25 AM
Nope tried just a min ago to get to the addy MTS2.com & it still redirects
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:25 AM
Jord QUIT IT.... we will let everyone know when its fixed
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th May 2006 at 3:55 AM
I got scared when it was still redirecting to the domain expired page. My reaction was "HOMG NO!"

...I'm not lying.

It's not the years in your life but the life in your years that counts.
Instructor
#12 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:04 AM
Log-in Aliments!
I don't think the log-in cookies are working properly.

I can log-in to the main page on http://www.modyourllama2.com,
but when going to another page, say the downloads page; it acts
as though I am not logged-in...this could be why people are not
seeing thumbnails, as MTS2 does not allow guest to download or view
thumbnails.

LyricLee...you should take a look at the log-in cookies, this could or
will solve alot of problems (as for the expired domain stuff, don't know it is beyond my expertise).

Digitalchaos
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:06 AM
Digital- The modyourllama domain isnt a fully working one- It was quickly made for april first. But the cookies arent the problem- thanks for trying tho.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:21 AM
Oh thank god. I got that expired site and wanted to cry.
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:36 AM
Hopefully everything will be up and running soon!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#16 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:38 AM Last edited by porkypine : 14th May 2006 at 4:51 AM.
hi Lyric Lee.

I tried to open the Dotster site but it just hangs. I don't know what you've tried so far, but neither the dotster.com nor their IP, 64.85.73.21 will get to their site.

Probably some guy tripped over their network cable and brought their registration server down. Or, they had a power failure with no UPS backup. I haven't found their phone number yet. Of course, email to their webmaster won't help since their site is down.

Oh... I'm and IT support tech in my day job.

Multiple DNS lookup - http://www.bankes.com/nslookup.htm

http://www.bankes.com/cgi-local/nsl...TEP_3=&STEP_4=1

Yep. BOTH their servers are down. Must be a problem with their network connection. We can have fun guessing what happened - spilt coffee on their server... Someone leaned on the main power switch and since they're out eating donuts, the on-call guy hasn't realized it went down because he's too busy eating donuts and has his beeper off.. I can go on.....
Super Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:49 AM
We know whatthe error is- we are working to get recolution it just may take some time. sorry guys- thanks
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th May 2006 at 4:59 AM
Guys if its a re-delegation issue (which it seems it might be), it'll be 12-24hrs before the DNS propogates to a new server/entry.

Don't jump on the admins too much here, they do a great job keeping this place up and running ..

Just be grateful we have such an awesome Sims2 Community here.

Some pages you can get to by putting a www. prefix in front of them, but others (like files) which are a sub-domain, you'll need to wait it out.

Don't fret its only a short outage ... I dare say it'll be fixed soon.

=== FACIAL PROFILING, SOME CUSTOM CLOTHES, HAIR RECOLORS, EYES, FRECKLES & FACIAL OBJECTS ===

NOTE: I do not run any expansion packs currently.
Feel free to PM me, but know that I cant self-sim everything. :)

Join in with other Self Simmers and help furthur improve self-sims.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th May 2006 at 9:09 AM
I cannot tell you enough how glad I am to see that this site has not died.

Like a few people have said, when I went to visit, I got the "expired domain name" page. My mouth dropped open and all I could say was "OMG, no!"

The only thing I could think of at the time was remembering that there was a donation drive... needless to say, two and two went together and I almost cried. LOL

I tried several ways to get around the issue until I remembered modyourllama2.com. LOL

I am greatly relieved to find out that it is simply a server issue and not a MTS2 headstone. :lovestruc

Much luck to all in fixing the problem.

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
Scholar
#20 Old 14th May 2006 at 10:58 AM
I was worried when I got redirected too,
luckily a friend gave me the link for Mod Your Llama,
Keep getting signed out again though

hope you get it all sorted soon

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th May 2006 at 11:16 AM
I was also worried when I could not find the site but thanks to people on the community site I was given a link to here,panic over its such a great site I would not like to lose it.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th May 2006 at 11:44 AM
What we need to now is inform the community about modyorllama2.com so asto not let them panic lol! Luckily I quickly thought of llama2.com, good luck MTS2!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th May 2006 at 11:55 AM
I thought the site was gone forever, but someone at thesims2.com said to go to the modyourllama link. I was really getting worried.

I have been retired from Simming for years now. I actually can't believe my work is still up after about 8 years and being downloaded. Lots of memories from the game and this website; these creations are a snapshot of a time in my life. Please continue downloading and enjoy.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th May 2006 at 11:57 AM
Seems to be working for me now. Well done for all your hard work must have been very frustrating. Thanks.

Don't forget the cheese.......
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th May 2006 at 12:05 PM
I just hope it gets back up and running again soon, I cant live without Modthesims2.com for too long
Locked thread | Locked by: LyricLee Reason: situation resolved
Page 1 of 4