Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#26 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 3:23 PM
I wonder if the vacuum cleaner idea was the inspiration for the harvester?

(There were sims in Sims 2 that had an interest high enough to have a Rubik's cube to idle with. I remember begging Inge to find a way to squash that. My worst case example: The house is on fire. The fire dance is interrupted. Time to stop right next to the fire and pull out the cube. And by the time the cube is put away so the sim can run, it's too late. If you've ever bought a snake charming basket and put it in the inventory of one of your Sims 3 sims, that stupid cube is even more annoying. At least with the basket, you can take it away and only let the sim have it when they have time to pull it out.)

BTW, this was a very old thread....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
BTW, this was a very old thread....

Hey, I'm not the necrophile here, so it's not my problem.
But I guess it's another thing to add to the "stuff TS2 had that TS3 doesn't" list. I was thinking of it being a thing that only exists in the inventory-verse, like cell phones or fire extinguishers. That way they wouldn't have to put it down.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#28 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 4:34 PM
The problem was that the interaction with it took time, and couldn't be interrupted until it was over. Even for something like a fire, or your boyfriend waiting to make out with you before he gets bored with waiting and pulls out his own cube. Seriously. Several of my worst TS2 memories involve sims who have one of those silly cubes.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Sims have vacuums. They fly on them.

Sims also sweep, mop and scrub. Since floors don't get dirty (except for spawning a debris object), they have nothing to vacuum up.

And neither sims had to watch them befores "opps, landries here in the ambitinious expansion packs". It could provide moods and have floor get dusty when the object is in the lot's presence.

Also, lawnmovers and iron object would be awesome.
Inventor
#30 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 4:35 AM
projects from 2013? I used to be very motivated these days. I guess I am getting old very quickly.

Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I converted the "vacuum cleaner" robot from Sims2 open for business to Sims3. but doesn't work on patch 1.55.
dodgy builder
#31 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:19 PM
Some people just need to enjoy themselves more often.
Page 2 of 2