Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 3:17 AM
I'm grabbing that. Thanks Siletka. I've just been doing the old fashioned ctrl + printscreen but it's a pain in the butt going back and forth.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 3:29 AM
I didn't know fraps did that. Neat.

If you guys have questions or need help with green shot, pm me and I'll help.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#78 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 11:34 AM
One thing you should know about Fraps is that its unregistered/free version saves pictures in bmp format only and each picture "weights" almost 6Mb because of that. After each play session I go to my Fraps folder and batch convert all screenshots to jpeg, otherwise it's easy to gain up to 1Gb of pictures in few days.
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 2:35 AM
Wow. Green shot lets you auto save to ping.

Scholar
#80 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:58 PM
Weekend Camping for Children/Teens AND a Senior's Activity Centre on BackAlleySims! (the family friendly section of course ^^)

I may try this on the weekend but i wanted to share it with you all now!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 8:48 PM
Link please?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HonokaAizawa
Weekend Camping for Children/Teens AND a Senior's Activity Centre on BackAlleySims! (the family friendly section of course ^^)

I may try this on the weekend but i wanted to share it with you all now!

Yes, please tell us how to navigate to there. When I go to backalley, I don't see those in the family friendly section.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:17 PM
I want to try Greenshot as well. Have to say, though, that Windows 10 takes much better screenshots than any previous version
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#84 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:23 PM
I downloaded Greenshot and last night hit print screen not knowing that greenshot had taken that over. The game was doing a cut scene for an alien abduction (silly girl wanted that as a scholarship so I said okay go out and summon them then) Then my screen went black and the game crashed. I don't know if greenshot +cut scene is not a good combo or what. Maybe if i could figure out how to change the hot key and how to make it save to a folder it might be okay since I want my print screen button back and I have no clue where it put that photo- if it took a photo of anything other than a black screen.

When I do print screen here it comes up with this circle and frame that I can move around but I have no clue what key to press to make it take a picture or how to find it's settings.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:51 PM
When I use Greenshot on Windows 10, it always takes a screenshot of desktop, no matter what I do it minimizes the game. So fullscreen screenshots are not working with it apparently. I haven't tried windowed screenshots. It probably works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#86 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:56 PM
How do you change the settings?

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#87 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 10:58 PM
Weekend Camping for Children
Senior's Activity Centre
Think you have to be registered with BAS Site
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#88 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:11 PM
It's hopeless, that place never lets me log in, even after I reset my password.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#89 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:52 PM
Greenshot - works perfectly - just hit the windows button + printscreen - it saved the screenshots to my desktop - I will still have to work out how to do a cut pic. I also had one or two taking a pic of the windows screen, though. Alt+printscreen works well too - they are almost full screen.

Windows 10 - also works well, but one has to do the paste into pant- thing (the shots are nice though, those I posted last under the Whats happening in your game today -thread - and I had to make them a lot smaller too).
Forum Resident
#90 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:55 PM
Make a new account maybe with a new password - would hate you to miss out
Otherwise - It really is just has them go away, like when sims go for a drive in the car.
You could probably do the same thing with something with Lucas Sims "extended go for a drive" - only difference is you miss sims going away in a bus.
Lucas Take Car For A Spin

Sqinge at inseminator has his own version
Cruise as long as you want
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#91 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 11:59 PM
I tried that it says my email is in use. I guess I could make a new email, but I don't feel like that now. Nearly puppy feeding time here anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Greenshot - works perfectly - just hit the windows button + printscreen - it saved the screenshots to my desktop - I will still have to work out how to do a cut pic. I also had one or two taking a pic of the windows screen, though. Alt+printscreen works well too - they are almost full screen.

Windows 10 - also works well, but one has to do the paste into pant- thing (the shots are nice though, those I posted last under the Whats happening in your game today -thread - and I had to make them a lot smaller too).

What do you mean hit the windows button?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#92 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:01 AM
The one with the windows icon on it - on my keybord it sits between Control and Alt. Edit : I noticed that it is even easier if you press the icon button in the tray - it gives one easy options. I will try to use this one, because, although I really like Gadwin, I have to go into windowed mode to use it (keeping it, though, for smaller stuff and non-Sim things).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#93 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:09 AM
That's what I thought you meant, on my computer I use that button to put the game down and come post here. Why would I want my desktop to show if I am trying to take a picture in game?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#94 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:14 AM
Let me check again what I did earlier then - the screenshots came out nice, though. (I just took about 3 to see if the program works, so maybe I did something else - sorry )
Mad Poster
#95 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:27 AM
Checked (sorry for the double posting then) - I did get confused, Jo - what happens is that my game screen minimizes after taking a screenshot (which means that I had to press the windows button to maximize it again) and Greenshot asks me where I want to save the screenshot - so I tried again. Printscreen and Alt+Printscreen both seem to work on Windows 10, and Printscreen alone gives you the option to "cut" and take a screenshot of part of the screen. (I am on Windows 10, I do not know if it will be exactly the same on Windows 7 or 8).

Gadwin of course is awesome, since you can take screenshots until the cows come home and then go and check them all in your screenshots folder - but the only drawback is that you have to be in windowed mode.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 1:47 AM
I'm wondering if I should try Gadwin, I've only ever used FRAPS which I find very easy, I just press 9 and go find it later in it's folder on C drive.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 2:33 AM
If you go into preferences for Greenshot, you can use a combination of keys to take a screenshot of the current window, not the full screen. Try using that combination, what ever is listed for window not full screen capture. Try that, it might not kick you to the desktop.

You can also change it so it doesn't ask you where to put the shots, just put automatically to a folder. I'm not home (at my family's home) so I can't be too specific without being at my computer.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#98 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 2:51 AM
Yes, but where is that? If I click on Greenshot over in my program list it comes up with a box telling an instance is already running. If I go to D drive I see a Grenshot folder with files and two folder, languages and plugins. Ugg techy stuff. All I know is if I press print screen I get a round movable circle. Now I take it I am supposed to move that to where I want it but I have no idea what button to push to take a photo or where it's going. Plus as I said before it crashed my game. So is that because I should have avoided it during a cut scene or it does not like Windows 7 or something else? As soon as I pushed print screen my entire screen went black. I had to get up task manager and close the game since it wouldn't come back up.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:49 AM
Do you have a quick tray? The small panel of icons pinned on your task bar to the very bottom-right of your desktop. It's the set of icons that sits next to your clock on your desktop.

Something like this.

The Greenshot icon should be there.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#100 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:09 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Jan 2016 at 8:31 AM.
Ah, I have a little arrow there with 'show hidden icons' it's under there. It says Caption region prnt scrn, I'm use to using 9 but print screen is okay if it works. Open last capture location shows it went to my desktop, a totally black picture. I'm worried about the black screen and my game freezing, was that because it was a cut scene? I'm nervous of it crashing my game since that can cause corruption. I would like it to go to a folder, but I don't see how to do that.

Loaded up my game and tried the print screen button on hood view, it immediately puts my game down like I had pressed the Windows button. .

~Call me Jo~
Page 4 of 119