Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 6:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
A picture... but not actually a picture?
Hello again, Hope that I am not totally abusing this forum for my own personal problems, but if someone yells at me I guess I'll know.

Anyway, I feel a bit stuck in the game at the moment. Having all EP's and SP's I went made use of the WA-EP and send my sim off to Egypt to do some adventuring.

At one point during these adventures I was asked to take a picture of a floor trap, and then deliver it. I must have photographed at least 50 floor traps, in all sorts and manners (disarmed, armed, working, etc.) and the game tells me everytime that I took a picture of a floor trap. BUT, here is the problem, eventhough I clearly took the picture, the option to deliver this picture does not come up. Instead the oppertunity window keeps saying I still need to take a picture.

I cancelled this adventure thinking it was just a bug in this particular adventure. But, as it turns out, it is not. In a more serious adventure I am asked to photograph a certain sim, and once again the exact same problem occurs. The game does tell me I took the picture, the picture DOes show up with the rest of the taken pictures, but the option to deliver these pictures never comes up, and instead keeps telling me I still need to take a picture.

This problem is bugging me ( bugging... ) because I'd rather not cancel this adventure because of it's more serious nature, and I have already experienced once an adventure that I cancelled halfway, but never showed up again, so I am afraid this will happen again, forever denying me acces to a certain tomb.

As always, I get stuck at the part where it turns out that it is not my CC that seems responsible, since taking it all out is not changing the situation at all. So I have run out of options to try, and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some more options.

I really hope I hear something for this, bacause I can't advance in the adventures without some help with this.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 12:15 AM
Apparently this has been a bug for quite some time. I found this thread with several suggested workarounds: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/460903.page

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 3:17 PM
I'm getting a bit fed up with this sims 3 forum site (reason why I post problems here). I already made an account, and tried to give my serials, but the site tells me that the serials are not right. And now it denies me acces to the link you posted.
I know it sounds like a stupid question, but if someone would be able to tell me a good workaround by posting it here, I would really appreciate it.

But anyway, thanks for the help anyway Cmar, only wish I could utilize it.
Inventor
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 7:15 PM
Here is a couple of suggestions that seemed to work for others (from Cmar's link):

Solution One: "I dragged all of the pics of the person that I took out of the camera, but that still didn't fix it. I then deleted all the other pics out of my camera (although I could have just as easily moved the pics to my inventory). The instant I deleted the pics, the deliver photo icon became active and I was able to complete. I repeated the same process for the take a pic of a treasure chest quest."

Solution Two: "I found this thread looking for a solution to this problem as well. However, I didn't want to delete the photos in my camera. I had a level 10 photographer with several valuable photos he wanted to take home with him. So... I tried removing the camera from his inventory. It works every time. Taking the camera out of his inventory and replacing it immediately fixes/works around this glitch. At least it does for me. In fact, my photographer had two cameras in his inventory. It didn't matter which one I took out and put back."

"Goonies never say die."
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:46 PM
Well that's interesting, good to know! Thanks for reporting your findings!