Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:37 AM
Default Extending the family trees?
One of my favourite features in NRaas Master Controller mod for TS3 is the way it lets you set more levels for the family tree - so you can see a sim's great-grandparents and great great grandparents if they exist. I'd really like to be able to do that on TS2 (especially as almost all the premades start out with grandparents, so most in-game babies have great-grandparents at least). Any ideas if it's possible? Is there a mod?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:31 AM
Simple answer-no.

What one can do, however, is take photos in game of the family trees from the beginner founder and keep track of them that way.

Sims 2 doesn't have many abilities for things that Sims 3 does.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:08 AM
I haven't used the family trees in sims 3, but isn't it technically unnecessary, because in sims 2 you can click through on any sim, living or dead, to see the extension to the family tree. The game doesn't show too many at once because when you have sims who are both half-siblings and cousins, for example, it gets too complex to show. Even some of the premades - the curious/smith family - have this problem.

I have seen lots of people cobble together a complete family tree from screenshots, extending the lines, sticking them all together. That looks cool. Or you could look at free websites like www.familyecho.com

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:27 PM
I came to suggest the same. To create a family tree in another way and the given link by Simsfreq is the one I used as well to start creating familytrees.
You even can add pictures.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:53 PM
Well, sims in the TS2 recognize only a few types of familial relations, regardless of the number of relatives a sim has. So, if you'd like for them to recognize great-grandparents and so on, I'd suggest you check out this mod here: http://faiuwle.wikidot.com/sims2hacks (I'm not quite sure if this is what you want, but, either way, you should consider it.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:07 PM
I think this is exactly what the OP was looking for..alas for me, it is not compatible with Inteen.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 7:44 AM
Thank you everyone for your help, even though the answer wasn't the one I was hoping for!

Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Well, sims in the TS2 recognize only a few types of familial relations, regardless of the number of relatives a sim has. So, if you'd like for them to recognize great-grandparents and so on, I'd suggest you check out this mod here: http://faiuwle.wikidot.com/sims2hacks (I'm not quite sure if this is what you want, but, either way, you should consider it.)

I'd seen a link to that before, and I think I will get it at some point, but at the moment it's a bit pointless as all the great-grandparents are very much dead. Once I've played a bit longer I'll probably install it.

I know I can see more relatives by clicking on the different people in the family tree - I'd just like to be able to see more ancestors and descendants on the tree to start with. I'll have to take pictures of everyone and try family echo or something.
Inventor
#8 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 6:27 PM
Then I hope you have pictures of all the people you want to add to the tree on familyecho.
What is also neat there, but I didn't feel the need for use yet is that you can add info about the sim in question under biographical.
And you can make multiple trees on your account there.