Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2776 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
There is a Sim in my 'hood the game thinks is a Simbot. He isn't mechanical - he looks like a Sim - but had the Simbot trait and all his motives are Simbot motives, like "Charge" and "Human Interaction", etc. Is there a way to quickly make him into a Sim again?

If his motives are simbot motives then he is a hybrid of a simbot and a sim. I only mention this because it's a perfectly possible outcome in the game and not a bug or anything.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2777 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 6:03 PM
Is the game really that stupid that parents need to call a baby sitter if they both want to be in the yard at the same time?

I have a family with a mom, dad, child son and toddler daughter. The dad was in the side yard meditating, and the mom was in the living room. Since she had a wish to kiss the dad, I directed her to go to the side yard to kiss him. As soon as she is out the front door, I get the pop up that the toddler daughter can't be left by herself and she needs a baby sitter. Seriously?
Mad Poster
#2778 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 6:45 PM
How is the mother trying to route to the father? Does she attempt to walk outside the perimeter of the lot at all? If she does, then that is why the game is attempting to call a babysitter. If she stays inside the lot boundary at all times though, then I don't know.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#2779 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 7:24 PM
I don't know how she was trying to route. As soon as I got the pop up, I chose "stay here" and she went back inside the house. I then had the dad go inside and kiss her.

So I take it it may have been a routing issue?
Alchemist
#2780 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
If his motives are simbot motives then he is a hybrid of a simbot and a sim. I only mention this because it's a perfectly possible outcome in the game and not a bug or anything.

Oh. Maybe that's what happened then. But how?
Forum Resident
#2781 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Oh. Maybe that's what happened then. But how?

Did you ever have a sim bot in that save? If you let it out in the great big world on its own, then it might have hit off with a sim girlie. If you dind't ever have a sim bot in that save, I'm not sure really.
Lab Assistant
#2782 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:59 PM
I noticed today that Judy Bunch has wrinkles. She's close to aging up to an elder. Do adult sims develop wrinkles as they age?
Mad Poster
#2783 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 11:42 PM
I don't think they can develop wrinkles but it is an option in CAS when creating and Adult to add age details.

Lab Assistant
#2784 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I don't think they can develop wrinkles but it is an option in CAS when creating and Adult to add age details.

Wow, really? Where are those options? What category? o:
Test Subject
#2785 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:23 AM
Topical details, I think?
Mad Poster
#2786 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluffy Puff
Wow, really? Where are those options? What category? o:

Same place as freckles and moles. They only show for full adults and elders though.

Forum Resident
#2787 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:31 PM
Weren't children able to create drawings on the block table before?

Go suck an elf...
Field Researcher
#2788 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Weren't children able to create drawings on the block table before?

Yeah, in Sims2 :/ Never in TS3.
Mad Poster
#2789 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
Yeah, in Sims2 :/ Never in TS3.

Which begs the question why they still included sheets of paper on the table.

Mad Poster
#2790 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 8:40 PM
Where in the game, which hood, is there a rock with the rock carving of some proto-sims with spears looking up at a pig flying past? Anyone seen it?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#2791 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:03 PM
I think it's part of Riverview. The same rock that has the aliens on it.

Mad Poster
#2792 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:39 PM
Why would a teen that doesn't have the the mean spirited or evil traits want to be mean to her mom?

She's at the highest positive relationship with her mom, but she still had a wish to be mean to her mom. Huh?
Mad Poster
#2793 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 12:16 PM
Teen mood swings. They came with Generations and make it so that teens will sometimes get out of character or rebelious wishes.

Mad Poster
#2794 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:54 PM
Even if you don't have Generations? I only have the Base Game, World Adventures and Ambitions, but I do have the base game patched to 1.29. I occasionally see a message that the teen is having a mood swing, but usually they don't to anything different. I didn't see that message before she got that wish.
Theorist
#2795 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Even if you don't have Generations? I only have the Base Game, World Adventures and Ambitions, but I do have the base game patched to 1.29. I occasionally see a message that the teen is having a mood swing, but usually they don't to anything different. I didn't see that message before she got that wish.

I was seeing mood swings and rebellious wishes in my teens before I got Generations in Dec 2011 so it might have come with the patch?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#2796 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 5:05 PM
I'm fairly certain it came with the patch. I occasionally get the same messages in my game.
Forum Resident
#2797 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:45 AM
Okay, I have a pretty stupid question, but how do you see the ceiling of a house when you are on the first floor? Here is what I mean:

Whenever I try to take screenshots of a house similar to this, I have to be on the first floor due to the camera always panning up to the second floor. When I am on the first floor, the ceiling and the walls on the second floor cannot be seen. Is there a way for this to not happen? The panning is incredibly annoying for when I'm trying to take screenshots of a house or even recoloring the ceiling tile.
Top Secret Researcher
#2798 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:58 AM
What about the TAB key when you're on the first floor? You loose your tool panel but at least the camera won't pan on its own.
Forum Resident
#2799 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM Last edited by birdyfly : 21st Feb 2012 at 3:42 PM.
I tried that unfortunately. It still pans to the second floor.

(Sorry, I forgot to credit Curtis for the screenshot. His video on making it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFLL5XMs2QA, also, I wasn't the one that hit disagree MiniMimi. )
Mad Poster
#2800 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM
To get a shot like that you need to be on the second floor so that the second story walls and ceilings show and then use the TAB key to enter cameraman-mode, as MiniMimi said, and you can reposition the camera on the first floor with W,A,S,D to get a shot like that.

Page 112 of 385