Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 8:31 AM
Sims 3 "Expansion Pack" Mods? *shrugs*
Hi fellow Simmers.

Servy here. I've been in a really stressful situation recently, and modding & gaming are my outlets, so I've been creating a lot lately. ANYWAYS< , I have some time to take on a pretty big project, so I've been looking into creating a major mod (world, clothes, etc) & call it an "Expansion Pack Mod" for the fun of it.

I'm just posting here to give updates, receive feedback, and ask for help if needed (let's face it: I'm a young modder with moderate C++ skills at best. Help will be needed.) I'm also probably gonna make something that coincides with one of Twallan's mods (too bad he's retired. ) Anyways, looking forward to many nights of no sleep, bags, computer vision, and coffee.

Some Ideas for Mods
  • Vacation Mod
  • Real Estate Mod
  • University Extension Mod
  • Ambitions Extension Mod

Vacation Mod

Basically, just a few custom worlds that would be designed around popular vacation destinations in real life (Hawaii, Rome, New Orleans, Caribbean). For Sims to visit these worlds as vacation worlds, most likely would have to use Twallan's Traveler mod here which allows Sims to to vacation temporarily in regular/custom worlds instead of EA-created vacation worlds.

Real Estate Mod

Include a lot of custom-designed lots ranging from starters to estates. Could include a custom real estate career.

University Extension Mod

Possibly custom major and some custom outfits, hairs, and careers? XML tuning mods for University Life bugs?

Ambitions Extension Mod

New name coming soon for this lol. Anyways, since I recently got a knack for creating custom careers, THIS could be pretty fun. Basically, just a bunch of custom careers branching off into several different industries and categories? Maybe some sort of labor union & strike mod?

Story Making Mod

Custom poses, animations, etc for movie and story making.

I'm sure there's more I can come up with, but its almost 3 am, and I'm starting to hallucinate from sleep deprivation.

Ciao.

Note: Should probably mention that this is gonna take quite awhile.

"Forget cigarettes, forget alcohol. Sims is the hardest addiction to break. The thing is, there's no true way to break it." ~Unknown
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:31 PM
Sounds interesting. And it's a pleasure to see that here still are modders, who seeks to improve and expand sims 3 gameplay. Good luck in development process
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by servy
Hi fellow Simmers.

Servy here. I've been in a really stressful situation recently, and modding & gaming are my outlets, so I've been creating a lot lately. ANYWAYS< , I have some time to take on a pretty big project, so I've been looking into creating a major mod (world, clothes, etc) & call it an "Expansion Pack Mod" for the fun of it.

I'm just posting here to give updates, receive feedback, and ask for help if needed (let's face it: I'm a young modder with moderate C++ skills at best. Help will be needed.) I'm also probably gonna make something that coincides with one of Twallan's mods (too bad he's retired. ) Anyways, looking forward to many nights of no sleep, bags, computer vision, and coffee.

Some Ideas for Mods
  • Vacation Mod
  • Real Estate Mod
  • University Extension Mod
  • Ambitions Extension Mod

Vacation Mod

Basically, just a few custom worlds that would be designed around popular vacation destinations in real life (Hawaii, Rome, New Orleans, Caribbean). For Sims to visit these worlds as vacation worlds, most likely would have to use Twallan's Traveler mod here which allows Sims to to vacation temporarily in regular/custom worlds instead of EA-created vacation worlds.

Real Estate Mod

Include a lot of custom-designed lots ranging from starters to estates. Could include a custom real estate career.

University Extension Mod

Possibly custom major and some custom outfits, hairs, and careers? XML tuning mods for University Life bugs?

Ambitions Extension Mod

New name coming soon for this lol. Anyways, since I recently got a knack for creating custom careers, THIS could be pretty fun. Basically, just a bunch of custom careers branching off into several different industries and categories? Maybe some sort of labor union & strike mod?

Story Making Mod

Custom poses, animations, etc for movie and story making.

I'm sure there's more I can come up with, but its almost 3 am, and I'm starting to hallucinate from sleep deprivation.

Ciao.

Note: Should probably mention that this is gonna take quite awhile.

Well, custom careers can be done with an NRaas mod ... but do you mean you would create a whole bunch of them?? I think NRaas also lets you create custom majors ... I THINK anyway.

The real estate thing sounds interesting ... how exactly would you mod it? If you mean by making new types of lots, I think that's a core mod type thing.

I recently made a mad to try and fix the buggy roommates system and Apartment lots, so I discovered that it was harder than I thought! I'd like to expand on it though, and real estate is something that maybe could work with it.