Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 6:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it possible to have 2 directories for an installed Sims 2 game?
I'm not sure how to explain this but,

I use the sims 2 for movie making and I have a ton of mods that manipulate the gameplay. I actually want to start playing the game normally again but i don't want it to have all the mods and downloads while i'm playing it normally.
I could just remove the downloads folder every time i want to play it normally but that would take way too long.

Is there a way i could have it installed in 2 seperate directories so i could have one sims 2 game with the mods for movie making, and one normal sims 2 game without the mods for just normal game-play?

I hope that makes sense... but please help.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 8:11 PM
You can use the AnyGameStarter, or (and this is my preferred option) just rename the The Sims 2 folder in Documents to The Sims 2 moviemaking (or whatever). The game will generate a new set of user files for you, and then you can switch between them.

As long as you rename instead of copying or moving the folders, you won't have to wait at all.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.