Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:50 AM
Default Read any skill from any bookcase
Is there any mod or hack that allows the functionality of the Education Bookcase (the ability to learn any skills) for all bookcases? At one time Monique had one but it wasn't updated for FT and AL.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alawren
Is there any mod or hack that allows the functionality of the Education Bookcase (the ability to learn any skills) for all bookcases? At one time Monique had one but it wasn't updated for FT and AL.

Thanks in advance.

Updating all bookcases is really easy and this works up until the very last expansion. Open SimPE, find bookcase, go to Object data, the first one (there may be re colours, click instance to make sure the first and only one is at the top, not instance high). Scroll down until you come to -7 'Resource Cross reference' 7 the first one, 'Interaction table ID'- if it has a 1,(0x0001-0x0003) click and change it to 3. commit/save. Test. If it doesn't work try again. It it really doesn't work I have no more advice, I'm sorry. Best of luck
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 4:24 AM
No, that is not how to add all the skills to all bookcase. That is just how to make bookcases use all the basic functions of bookcases in later EPs.

To be able to learn all skills from book case you need to edit the TTAs and TTAB. I have this somewhere, I will see if I can find it and upload for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:05 AM
That would be wonderful HL, thank you very much.