Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM
Default WCIF Kids Cooking & Gardening Mods?
I haven't touched Sims 2 since Sims 3 came out and decided to set up a game now with the Sims 2 UC. I remember a mod some time ago when I stopped playing that allowed Sims 2 kids to cook from the microwave and help with gardening, either by dropping seeds or weeding. I forgot. If anyone have a clue to throw my way, I will appreciate your help very much.

Also, I am looking for a mod to stop the hobby folks in FreeTime from visiting the house as my sims gain enthusiam in a hobby. Thank you.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:57 PM
Sims 2 kids can't cook except for muffins in their easy bake oven, I've never seen or heard of a mod for that. They can skill cooking, but they have to be teen aged before they can cook anything. Always been a bummer that they can't make a sandwich.

Kids can already garden, no mod needed. Pulling weeds is great fun. it's very handy after school.

Free Time mods
no hobby spam from MATY will stop them turning up and calling. The page isn't loading so I can't link it.
There is also a mod to take away the annoying 'in the zone sound' and the glow if you want. http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=439 I just do the noise, because if you have nature enthusiasts the sound stops and starts at each plant they weed or water.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:25 PM
I wish I could find my external I had the mods on, I have to go searching again. Thank you very much for your helpful and fast response.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:22 PM
Dizzy's hack here http://modthesims.info/d/70736 lets kids cook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:28 PM
Thank you Slig! Yay!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:25 PM
Wow, I've never seen that before. The mod must temporally enable teen animations. I have other serving type mods which I bet it would clash with. A shame the kid file isn't separate or I would give it a go.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Wow, I've never seen that before. The mod must temporally enable teen animations. I have other serving type mods which I bet it would clash with. A shame the kid file isn't separate or I would give it a go.

If you're just looking to have kids cook things, Carrigon made a toy oven that enabled children to cook any game food here: http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....d&threadID=1099
It's not a global hack, but kids can cook with it.