Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#376 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 5:23 PM
ill be outside mine SilentPsycho! See you there!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#377 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 8:50 PM
I hope I get my copy tomorrow when I get paid. I guess I'll just wait for a MATY fix to play it, though.
Lab Assistant
#378 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 9:04 PM
I've ordered my game from game.co.uk and it arrived this morning :D, off to play now
Theorist
#379 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 10:48 PM
I am so confused right now! I keep reading that some people's games get major bugs such as massive que droppage, no actual visible birds, the "make many" option on the sewing machine or pottery wheel not working most of the time, sims dropping by in their PJs anytime of the day and the losing of nearly 30,000 simoleans when sims come home from work...and some people say they have no bugs at all. Guess I'll have to wait until next week until all this stuff is sorted out so I can buy this EP with no worries....
Test Subject
#380 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:02 PM
I did the digital download and it worked perfectly for me. Doesn't sound like people had the same experience as me, unfortunately.
Lab Assistant
#381 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:16 PM
Do these people have hacks in their games and forgot to take them out? The only hack I have is sofaisasectional and that one that makes Glam Life objects usable by pets.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Field Researcher
#382 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:41 PM
Somwhere in the chat transcript i think it says they dont have rollerskating or some such nonesence,
i watched the video on the main site and it does show it, so is it in the game? or not?

Thanks for all the great information i have been to lazy to go and get the game )
Mad Poster
#383 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:43 PM
There is rollerskating rinks that came with Seasons.
Field Researcher
#384 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:47 PM
Hi croc, waves, no they show them rollerskating without the rink in freetime,
in the main vid you can see it about 18 secs in play

Mad Poster
#385 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:53 PM
I know that, but they denied it's from FreeTime. If I remember I think they said something along the lines of we're confusing it with running interraction. Maybe it's from the next EP, who knows, life's a mistery.
Top Secret Researcher
#386 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fireflies
Ho croc, waves, no they show them rollerskating without the rink in freetime,
in the main vid you can see it about 18 secs in play

Easy. Rollerskating rink + 'moveobjects on' + Sim = The apperance of a Sim skating on a pathway.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#387 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:02 AM
Thanks Silent, i had not thought of that,
Just maxis playing with whats real and not in the vids i guess.
Mad Poster
#388 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:28 AM
At the BBS is where everyone is complaining about bugs and glitches and no one here has been... not that I know of anyway. But I've just been told that the BBS is a very ignorant community (even though they do say no CC/hacks installed). So I guess I am not surprised. There was a post, in fact, about someone accusing EA of lying to us about The Sims 3 because the person was too stupid enough to think that MySims was the Sims 3 teaser, lol. They could not find The Sims 3 anywhere in Free Time and was just so pissed off and ranting on about how EA lied to us about The Sims 3. God, lol.
Test Subject
#389 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:30 AM
Only 9 more hours till i get my hands on freetime, i'm sooo excited. Cancelled it with amazon cause they changed the deliver date so going into Game in morning. Have been sitting for the past few hours compressing and cleaning my downloads folder and then took it out in preperation for install. hope i have done it all right - my eyes are hanging out of my head at moment lol
#390 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
At the BBS is where everyone is complaining about bugs and glitches and no one here has been... not that I know of anyway. But I've just been told that the BBS is a very ignorant community (even though they do say no CC/hacks installed). So I guess I am not surprised. There was a post, in fact, about someone accusing EA of lying to us about The Sims 3 because the person was too stupid enough to think that MySims was the Sims 3 teaser, lol. They could not find The Sims 3 anywhere in Free Time and was just so pissed off and ranting on about how EA lied to us about The Sims 3. God, lol.

The bbs isn't the only place where people are complaining. There's a bork list at MATY. Since there are some bugs that are appearing that are from people playing vanilla (re:clean) games, that are being reproduced by others I doubt that a lot of the complaints are unfounded.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11194.0.html
Mad Poster
#391 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:14 AM
Oh okay, I never knew about that one because I figured Pescado would just ban them, lol.
#392 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:26 AM
The only bug I've run into so far is that when Natasha Una went to take a bath, her hair mysteriously changed but when she got out it changed back Don't know if that's a Free Time specific bug and haven't bathed anyone else..
I have a pretty good graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS) so I'll go give the bird watching thing a try.
Top Secret Researcher
#393 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
The only bug I've run into so far is that when Natasha Una went to take a bath, her hair mysteriously changed but when she got out it changed back Don't know if that's a Free Time specific bug and haven't bathed anyone else..

It's probably jsut that her underwear hairstyle is different than her every day hairstyle. So when she changes outfits (nude is considered underwear) her hair changes also.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#394 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:41 AM
Oh, thanks FurryPanda, that would make sense. I didn't realize nude and underwear were considered the same, especially since Sims are nude so infrequently.

Are they expected to release the final 2 comic strips about Free Time? Even though I have the game I'm still curious about them.

All right. I have a Sim birdwatching and I'm not seeing any birds. Is that all they were supposed to do to see them? Can anyone point me to the EA screenshot of the birds?
Mad Poster
#395 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 1:57 AM
Just go to the official site and go to the FT section and then go to screen shots, it should be in there.

EDIT: I see one bird but I know I saw a screen shot that had many birds flying around, just don't remember where it was. http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep7_screenshots.php
Theorist
#396 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:13 AM
The first trailer showed the birds in motion too, so it's not like they were photoshopped in there.
#397 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:18 AM
Yeah, right now when you have them bird watch all that happens is they look at the sky with the binoculars and a thought bubble appears above their head with various birds in it.
Mad Poster
#398 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:22 AM
I'm guessing it was supposed to happen but got canceled out like weather in the base game. Would have been nice if we could feed them, too.
#399 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:50 AM
There's a bird feeder! But I'm pretty sure it's only decorative
Theorist
#400 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 2:54 AM
Maybe the birds were taken out because they flew right through houses with high roofs? That's cool that there's a bird feeder though, more decoration for my backyards yay!
Page 16 of 18