Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 6:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

World Adventures, Generations
Default Ugly/random automatic memory screenshots
Hi I just read Sims 3 allows you to share those memories that sims get when they are going around and do something like visit park, catch a fish or fall in love. I got not interest in online sharing them but this made me think. I wondered who would want to share a picture of their sims roof or floor or butt or bush in their garden, so must be I'm doing this wrong.

Usually those memories my sims get with automatic memory camera, are of their houses roof or from another sim because usually I have zoomed elsewhere or changed active sim when something occurs - and even if they happen to actually be in the picture themselves, they look very small and blurry in it because of the zoom is really not set for taking any pictures. Can anyone explain me how memory pictures are supposed to actually look cool enough that someone (not me) would even think about sharing them? I don't want to share them, I just want them to look better: apparently there is some way to do this or else there wouldn't be any point in even offering that sharing function.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 11:29 PM
Mine are just like that too. They just messed up big time when programming memories, as far as I can tell.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Acadia
Can anyone explain me how memory pictures are supposed to actually look cool enough that someone (not me) would even think about sharing them? I don't want to share them, I just want them to look better: apparently there is some way to do this or else there wouldn't be any point in even offering that sharing function.

My experience with those memories is pretty much what you described. However, for my sims who were working on photography skills and/or for any pictures taken those will show up in the scrapbook...even the pics taken showing just someones leg. I was able to capture some nice shots when they traveled and that looked nice in the scrapbook. I have no idea though how or why read a book, or went to the store and other foolishness is in there.

Over all, I stopped using that feature and have it disabled. It was more work than it was worth AND those memories eat up a lot of memory in a game so if you have limited resources and/or experience lags etc. that would be one of the things you would want to disable first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:39 AM
Damn I wished there was some way to for example use screenshots you take as sims memories or something alike. Would make more sense. The word "automatic" in front of memories made me hope manual way existed.