Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:51 AM
Default A different kind of Sims game
http://www.cracked.com/video_18147_...-worst-job.html

LOL this is awesome. Just like the original SimCity.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:56 PM
I think I have that game...you think they will come out with an expansion? :P
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:18 PM
I thought that was hilarious. Simmers will get the references, but did you scroll down to the comments? Holy llamas, people were being cruel.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:04 PM
I just checked the comments to see what you were talking about...

Quote: Originally posted by Cracked Peanut Gallery
This paticular one you made a sims gag? Are you real a sims gag? Hello! why don't you tell a joke about a game where you watch paint dry, wait! that was also an option there.

Suffering social bunnies, that was harsh!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:39 PM
Bleh...
Sims is not for everyone.
Let me count my sports games..0
Let me count my fight games..2
I myself love boring arse simulation and tactical games with a few rpg's to top it of.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:10 AM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:27 AM.
My fave people-who-need-to-get-a-life were:
Quote:
Mind numbingly boring, but at least you are consistent Cody. Your videos always suck, without fail.
Nice to have a little certainty in life
(Poster's note: Maybe if you spent more time in the real world, you'd realize there are worse things in life than two minutes of voice-over game spoofs. Look in the lefthand corner of your browser, genius. See the little button with the arrow? Press it, and save the rest of the cyberworld your spew.)

Quote:
Oh, for f**k's sake! I was just getting ready to go to bed, when I thought, "Hey, maybe this last Cracked entry will let me laugh myself to sleep."

Alas, I have wasted roughly 3 1/2 minutes (not incluing the time I've taken to type up this b***h) watching this unfunny P.O.S.

I think this is only the third time I've actually commplained (out of roughly 1000 posts), but this was a complete waste of time.

I hate to be cruel (after all, I've been dying to get published on this site, so I'm generally uber-sensitive regarding comments), but this is utter crap. It's the equivalent of MST3K putting up _Godzilla_, and yelling at the screen, "Wow, it's a big dinosaur that has atomic breath! Get it? Atomic breath--like, it's really foul-smelling and all, and can kill peopled. Ha ha."

Yawn!
(Poster's note: Nice of him to pre-censor his words for me. >.< Spelling errors are bolded. Do I need to mention the little button in the lefthand corner of the browser again? Or even better, in this case, the little red box with the X in the top righthand corner. Saddest part is this one wants to get published. Badmouthing the people you're going to be writing with is a V.B.I. [Very Bad Idea] )

Quote:
Wow, guys. I have to say, I'm a regular Cracked reader who usually loves your stuff. But this sucks a**. Like, totally boring. Didn't even finish it.
(Poster's note: Wow. You mean this hardcore gamer alone out of all the other ones who posted knew what that little arrow button in the lefthand corner of their browser does??? Even better - that he didn't finish the video, but took the time to post a useless comment like this.)

I :lovestruc Sims for this reason:

I get frustrated very easily with beat-this-level, win-this-round-to-advance type games (mostly because I have terrible hand-eye coordination for anything but music and my younger brother's mad-awesome video game skills will make anybody stop playing in disgust).

Sports games = Blegh. You have to play a game of soccer/football/hockey against a computer? I sucked at RL sports like crazy, and I suck just as much at virtual sports (trust me. I've played my brother's Sonic Olympics games on Wii. He schools me every time). Anybody seen 'Princess Diaries'? That scene with Mia in gym class - that was totally me. My gym teacher didn't even ask to me to participate: as long as I showed up to class, changed and worked hard in the health-class portion, I passed his course with flying colours. Nary a ball to be thrown.

Adventure/Level games = Ugh. Okay, so I got the super-pack of Harry Potter games for PC, like, two years ago... I'm still working on Philosophers Stone. I actually gave up because I CANNOT SLAY VOLDEMORT! And I'm terrible at Quidditch.

Sims = heaven. I don't have to 'beat' anything, rack up so many points to advance, I don't even have to follow any general set of rules. It's my game - my way.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:40 AM Last edited by KittyKuba : 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:09 AM.
The peanut gallery treats anyone who isn't SeanBaby (even he gets ripped on for doing an article not about something "everyone" cares about) or Michael Swaim like crap; everyone else is unproven commodity. But it is unfair because Swaim and SeanBaby are out of this world hilarious, it's a lot to measure up to *ramble* If you want to lend simmer support, you can comment anonymously without registering. I think that function is still available, I haven't been to cracked.com lately.

Edit: watched it and i'm still laughing
"pretend election may be misleading...... but it is VERY real"
"were you confused by "pretend vote"?"

And you don't want to drive where there's no road and be extra careful.
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 7:23 AM
Oh I don't know... DOB doesn't seem to get it too bad. I can't stand him, though. I like Swaim better, especially his appearances with Those Aren't Muskets!.
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:02 AM
To be honest, I didn't get it. But this could've had to do with me not being able to hear it that well.
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyKuba
And you don't want to drive where there's no road and be extra careful.

I've done that. Stranded the car on a snowbank in my early days of learning to drive because I underestimated the turn. Haven't done it since, but then again, my mother hasn't driven with me since and my father (who's taken over the six-year on-again, off-again saga of eventually procuring a full driver's license) will avoid winter driving at all costs. Which is stupid, considering I live in the Prairies and winter lasts like six months a year. No word of a lie - the first snow usually falls late October, early November, and the last of the snow melts in April, May. I've had blizzards on my birthday before (mid-May) - sweet sixteenth.
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:47 PM
Regarding the comments... guys, this is Cracked, which is probably the worst place for finding losers with no self-esteem who like to put people down to make themselves feel bigger. But seriously, have you ever read the comments on internet news articles or on Youtube? If not, then don't... it's all the inconsequential bullies coming out to play because nobody will let them play anywhere else.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:05 PM
Hey... I have that game! But I never understood it... (I got it when I was 10 or something...)

ingeborgsk
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:02 PM
@ SimMegaptera
Yeah, see, my internet haunts basically revolve around my university's teaching-assistance site, MTS and Fanfiction.net (because I have absolutely no life outside those three things: school, sims and stories). So because I have the option to 'delete' the really angry anonymous reviews (most people on ff.n with accounts are smart enough not to post, because what we call 'flames' will get you reported, at least on my stories), I get easily annoyed at comment-able things like videos on Youtube - and apparently Cracked.

@ Prosthetics
Basically, he was narrating what looked like a really bad spoof on SimCity with some Sims references thrown in.

@ everybody
BTW, I actually have no idea what Cracked even is. And is that an ACTUAL game? I thought it was just a crude, raw version of a game created for a spoof video.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 1:15 PM
Being around a while 'cracked' and 'mad' where satiric comics..they spoofed everything.
I loved those old mags. And like SimMega' says it is attention seekers. If we could reach through our screen and give these people a good stiff kick it would tone down. The net brings out the vile in some people. The comments in a way make the thing that much more comical..like the paint dry comment, I believe that is what they guy is aiming for. Some people will never get subtle humor.
This is what I see, repetitiveness, money shortage, continual pop-ups, screwed up chance cards, tedious boredom and with the monotone voice he uses it accentuates it. I loved it because it is in essence the game I most love to play.
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:36 AM
Well, not Sims related, but I can't resist. Clip with cruel comments included :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAtBki0PsC0
Banned
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:53 AM
LMAO! That was hilarious!
Scholar
#17 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 1:07 PM
That was awesome.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:56 PM
I loved that clip from Cracked. I had to watch it again to see all the game types and the pretend election popups. Yeah, it might not be funny to everyone, but nothing is. They should learn to deal with it.