Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:12 PM
Default What's the longest you've had a Sim live?
For me, 84 days. That's because he hit his LTW before becoming an Elder, I think.

And I mean with no cheats, no Elixir of Life. (I don't use that, because after a while I'm thinking, come on, die already!)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 2:08 AM
133 days... He took FOREVA to die.

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 7:12 AM
92 days. I never use Elixir of Life, I hate that stuff.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 9:25 PM
You cold people letting your elders die :p,
Just joking and I commend you for playing by the rules. I haven't had the heart to let them go--so I zap them into vacation types. Ill never be able to do a legacy.
"We'll be rich as soon as grand pa turns into a frog,
mom said when he croaks well get all his stuff."
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 9:49 PM
I have too many sims in my hood, so I haven't played any of them long enough for them to die.

“If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will.”

Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 10:32 PM
Probably my Natasha and John Mole. I just can't let them go. They're only 72 sim days old but they've been that old for a very very long time :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 10:25 AM
Well, Sim Elders do get to be a pain. That's one reason why I don't let them retire...watching them do nothing except eat, sleep, and make frequent runs to the bathroom gets, well, OLD after a while.

I also move them into their children's houses, especially if they're widowed. I hate the idea of them dying alone...for one thing, no one benefits from the money and stuff the old folks have.

(Of course--and this is true for Sims Life Stories--if you have everyone die off in a lot, your next family gets that home at a discount, because property depreciates. While the home might have been worth 50000 Simoleons when the previous occupants first moved in, everything's devalued so you might have to pay 20000.)