Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 1:56 AM
Default My Sims are afraid of death- why?
So, I'm kind of new. I used to play Sims 2 when it first came out, but thats was years ago, so I've forgotten everything.

I have a female mom Sim whose aspiration is knowledge (getting full skills).

But, lately she's obsessing over death, smelling bad (and her hygiene depletes so quickly...), and she WANTS to see a ghost?

I'm confused. Is this a forewarning that she is going to die? How do I prevent that? Her needs are almost always full, and her aspirations are not doing too badly. Her daughter is super easy to care for and a model Sim. But, the daughter's fears also all revolve around death, ghosts, and losing relatives.

Am I missing something? Any help is super appreciated!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 1:56 AM
knowledge sims love ghosts... its just the way they are. And most of my sims fear death too (dont we all) but none of then have died yet

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 2:05 AM
The hygiene thing may be because she is expecting? Prego sims seem to drop needs much faster than normal, hunger, hygiene and rest.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 2:34 AM
^^ That's the way it runs in real-life, too, though, innit?

Did somebody the sims knows die recently, or just gotten married/dating/etc.? I've noticed that when my sims first get married, or find a new love, or have a relative/friend die, they obsess over other people dying for a while.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=ohsosimilicious]So, I'm kind of new. I used to play Sims 2 when it first came out, but thats was years ago, so I've forgotten everything.

I have a female mom Sim whose aspiration is knowledge (getting full skills).

But, lately she's obsessing over death, smelling bad (and her hygiene depletes so quickly...), and she WANTS to see a ghost?

Also check to see what sun sign you pick for them it have a lot to do with the way they act or think example Virgo have the highest number when it comes to being clean and neat ( No. 9 ) Capricorn are next ( No. 7 ) they have a fear of smelling bad. You can always tell a neat sims even a townie for they are always brushing themself off.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:46 PM
I never knew a Sim could fear their own death in the game I have only had them fear someone else's death. But a Sim fearing their own death is realistic to me.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:53 PM
if the daughter is a child then it is also normal for her to fear a family member dying or seeing a ghost, thats what a lot of the chilren in my game fear.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 10:09 PM
I've had a lot of my goofy sims want to "be saved from death." I've never been able to fulfill this want. Does anyone know how to do it?
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 10:35 PM
1) Have them die. Make sure they are not the only controllable sim home.
2) Have another sim who has a high relationship with them plead with Grimmy.
3) If all is successful, your sim should have been saved from death.