Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#526 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Nope! There is a fridge, counter, stove and sink! It's right before the bathroom, but it's really hard trying to take a decent picture of it!

EDIT: Here are the additional pics! (I'm working on taking better pictures.)

Love the interior of that lot. Reminds me of those tiny mobile homes you see blogged about. Very cute.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#527 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Love the interior of that lot. Reminds me of those tiny mobile homes you see blogged about. Very cute.
Those are exactly what I modeled this from! I love those tiny house trailers, and I really wanted one for my sims! I'm thinking about making a family sized one. Ronald has been eyeing a couple sims in the neighborhood.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
#528 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 12:30 PM
Well here you have a up-coming project! Trying to remake Pippi Longstockings house "Villa Villekulla" or in english (?!) "Villa Kunterbunten".
Not nearly done but only a few small details on the outside left. All recolors and walls by me.

Instructor
#530 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
That looks very similar to the original set.

Thank you! That's is actually the picture I use as reference
Field Researcher
#531 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 3:48 PM
I tend to focus on one room at a time in my games, so yesterday I really went all out with Beau Broke's studio apartment. I have the college at home mod and imo the whole student apartment thing is more realistic to me than free dorms (dude it's not boarding school). My headcanon is that Beau loves bright colours, especially hot pink and cyan, and music too. In my headcanons he is also very, very gay, sooo..... I don't usually make my gay sims into the camp stereotypes tho, just Beau really :P

The photos look a bit crappy bc I only just figured out how to play uc in high resolution today~~ I originally posted on my tumblr here
Lab Assistant
#532 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 3:50 AM
A house that I had to build three times due to crashing! I'd say it was worth it in the end :P
I couldn't find may pictures of the outside, though...
Lab Assistant
#533 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 1:31 AM
Today ! I'm playing a BaCC and one of my Sims needed a new house, so I spent my day building this !

Scholar
#534 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 6:28 AM
That house is epic xmathyx.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#535 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
That house is epic xmathyx.

Thank you ! I'm a little disapointed for the roofing because at first, it was soooo better looking (see picture attached), but no matter what I did, it was going through the walls and appeared inside the rooms in the attic in camera mod So I had to make it simplier.
Screenshots
Scholar
#536 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 3:19 PM
Yeah, TS2 roofs are notoriously annoying at times. I hate that roof-made awnings make the wall above disappear in hood view, for example. Maybe Nopke will fix that one day. I doubt it but I can hope.

Lab Assistant
#537 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 4:02 PM
Yeah, TS2 roofs are notoriously annoying at times. I hate that roof-made awnings make the wall above disappear in hood view, for example. Maybe Nopke will fix that one day. I doubt it but I can hope.

I read something about that a few days ago, there is a way to turnaround that, not really a fix, but a building trick, if this can help you : http://nepheris.livejournal.com/25278.html
I did'nt try this myself yet because since I found that post I did not need to, anyway nimi4's comment under the post is what I want to remember and try.
Scholar
#538 Old 5th Aug 2016 at 4:18 PM
Oh, thanks so much for that! That's going in my bookmarks for future lots. I love that roof-as-an-awning look so that will definitely come in handy.

Inventor
#539 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 12:39 AM Last edited by kamoodle5 : 15th Aug 2016 at 6:01 AM.
When I wanted to make build new homes for my Sims, I went through a few floor plans from actual homes shown in those homebuilder websites. Then the last home I built for my Simsona happens to be my own house irl, although its rather major difference is I added a room where the attic would be. When I showed our Sims 2 house to my dad, he told me that our actual home is not a true two-story, whereas I made that possible in the game.
Scholar
#540 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 7:24 AM
Awesome houses kamoodle. I do the same with using real house pictures. I have absolutely no imagination for buildings so I gave up following my nose when building lots long ago. Mine personally always come out better after following real plans.

Inventor
#541 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 8:40 AM
Awesome houses kamoodle. I do the same with using real house pictures. I have absolutely no imagination for buildings so I gave up following my nose when building lots long ago. Mine personally always come out better after following real plans.

The trick I used to determine the size of the house before building it from the ground up (or if it's on a foundation) was to create a 3D rough frame of the floor plan using Google SketchUp. Since I haven't adapted much to measuring in meters (pardon my ignorance ), I used the number of grids on an empty lot to conclude whether the foundation will be too big to add in a driveway if necessary, then I shrink the frame in SketchUp. It was all trial and error to be efficient with the lot capacity. Some of these homes didn't even have garages included in the floor plan.

I followed this very same technique when I was constructing something special in Minecraft once. In that scenario, I had to thicken the walls in SketchUp since a one-block wide wall will appear the same from either side, and some of the rooms had different walls from the rest of the building.
Scholar
#542 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
The trick I used to determine the size of the house before building it from the ground up (or if it's on a foundation) was to create a 3D rough frame of the floor plan using Google SketchUp. Since I haven't adapted much to measuring in meters (pardon my ignorance ), I used the number of grids on an empty lot to conclude whether the foundation will be too big to add in a driveway if necessary, then I shrink the frame in SketchUp. It was all trial and error to be efficient with the lot capacity. Some of these homes didn't even have garages included in the floor plan.

I followed this very same technique when I was constructing something special in Minecraft once. In that scenario, I had to thicken the walls in SketchUp since a one-block wide wall will appear the same from either side, and some of the rooms had different walls from the rest of the building.

That's a good technique I'll consider next time I build a townhouse. I've noticed every townhouse I make with 3 stories is overly big for the average sim family, you could easily house an 8 sim family in one unit, even though the real life townhouses I model them off of are in fact cramped and small, so it's a hard conversion to make.

Inventor
#543 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 10:01 AM
That's a good technique I'll consider next time I build a townhouse. I've noticed every townhouse I make with 3 stories is overly big for the average sim family, you could easily house an 8 sim family in one unit, even though the real life townhouses I model them off of are in fact cramped and small, so it's a hard conversion to make.

Yeah, the Sims don't quite adapt too well to really small and confined areas with furniture without complaining. I ended up omitting a tiny bathroom in one of my custom homes altogether because of the suspicion their AI won't like it. Luckily, it wasn't a big deal to the house at all.
Theorist
#544 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:28 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 21st Aug 2016 at 8:40 PM.
Some random exterior screenshots from three different homes; just love the harvestable gardening crops from Plumb Bob Keep.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Instructor
#545 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 9:12 PM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 26th Aug 2016 at 4:48 AM.
Not sure if it counts when the building is neighborhood CC and I just decorated around it, but this is the Riverblossom City Hall:

It's on the lot using a mod that allows neigborhood CC to be on lots.

The tree on the pedestal (for political related discourse, the Sophie-David Lectern, I think (this thing is great, thanks Sophie-David!)) is my 'symbol' or 'state/neighborhood flag'.

Based on various things in this hood, if I get around to it (and if I play long enough for a population that large to be created), perhaps there will be a bunch of sims in the sports career who'll frequent lots with the designated favorite hood sport. I'll call them the Riverblossom Cowplants.

Edit: Would it be too cliché (although the hood's weather would justify it), to have their motto be,"Winter is coming"?
Editx2: I've been a bit stressed lately so I didn't notice but it has just occurred to me that this might not be the best thread to post this in...my bad. Would this fit better into the neighborhood landscaping thread?
Scholar
#546 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 8:31 AM
Loving that lot Rinchan. Do you remember where you got the town hall building? I've attempted to build one a few times but can never get that 'look', so a hood decor building sounds like a good alternative.

Forum Resident
#547 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:36 PM
So, I plopped down Harmonious Haven from the lot bin. This house is anything but harmonious. There was a swimming pool right in the middle of the house as well. Why Maxis??

Several hours later...

Field Researcher
#548 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
So, I plopped down Harmonious Haven from the lot bin. This house is anything but harmonious. There was a swimming pool right in the middle of the house as well. Why Maxis??

Several hours later...

Looks great. Yeah the first I went into that house I was wtf? Lol
Instructor
#549 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 27th Aug 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Loving that lot Rinchan. Do you remember where you got the town hall building? I've attempted to build one a few times but can never get that 'look', so a hood decor building sounds like a good alternative.

It's a TS3 to TS2 conversion rabbithole. I'm on phone now so I dont have link but once I get on computer, I'll post the link. It has a lot of the known rabbithole there.

But in case you can find it before I can post it, it should be from TS3's Aurora Springs, I think.

Edit: found on phone, old link doesn't work so try this- http://delonariel.livejournal.com/10530.html
Top Secret Researcher
#550 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking

Several hours later...

Yeah, that house was awful. I put the swimming pool to the left of the deck, replacing the water "feature".
Page 22 of 40