Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
But he pretended to be that big.

Maybe he was the one that started to tell the story across the lands and the lie eventually turned into what everyone thought the truth. :p

I still want to know what exactly happens in that "Mime Cat" movie. I mean, come on. It's really confusing for me. The plotline is all over the place. By that I mean what the EA workers were trying to create - not the funny version.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 25th Dec 2015 at 5:56 PM.
Because you demanded it (or at least Charity did, so blame her if I do a lousy job here...), let's head over to Carmilla's house for a free showing of Cat Lady! .

Cue the "Max-enthusiasm Film & Literature hobbyist reading a Mystery novel" music!

Opening credits, lazy guy on couch.

Opening credits, lady reading newspaper outside.

Opening credits, kitty cats.

Wow. This movie has, like, a Simmy half-hour of opening credits. Imagine a real-life movie trying to get away with a 30-minute credit reel. It would flop harder than Gigli did!

Anyway...

So things start off with Our Heroine sitting on a park bench, reading a newspaper.

Now, cats are roving and moving around her. (That's a cat's butt hogging the screenshot. I suck at timing my screenshots sometimes.)

Holy Bast, that's a lot of cats.

And now the camera's doing that "circling around the gaping maw of insanity" effect. And the cats are all staring at her.

Truly suspense worthy of Hitchcock, let me tell you....

Even more cats, sitting around and staring at her!

Lady, you'd better put down your newspaper long enough to notice how much trouble you're in!

Thank you.

So Our Heroine stops reading her paper, sees the fifty-billion cats eerily staring at her and promptly wigs out.

A desperate chase ensues. The lady takes refuge inside a phone booth, and she's picking up the telephone and desperately trying to call somebody while the horde of cats presses up against the glass, trapping her inside.

Cut to a living room with a lazy guy slouched on a sofa. To his immediate left, a telephone's ringing. To his immediate right, there's another cat frolicking around on the sofa.

Close-up of the lazy guy and the ringing telephone. He's never going to answer that phone, is he?

Cue the end credits.

So what's the story here?
  • Is the "lazy guy" actually a dead guy, and the cat on the sofa somehow ninja-killed him beforehand so that the cat's fifty-billion friends could posse up, go to the park and take Lazy Dead Guy's newspaper-reading wife down without interference?
  • Did the cat on the sofa put out a hit on Lazy/Dead Guy's wife? And if so, why? Did she forget to feed Sofa Cat one too many times? Did she tangle Sofa Cat's fur while brushing it? Or was she constantly harping on Lazy Guy and pressuring him along the lines of "If you don't get rid of that cat, I'm leaving you!" so Sofa Cat decided to make that choice for him?
  • Perhaps Lazy Guy's not dead. Perhaps he can communicate with cats somehow, and he's the one who ordered his wife's death. And now he's just sitting on the couch as the phone continues to ring off the hook, thinking, "Oh, that must be my lovely wife now, trapped inside a phone booth with an army of housecats trying to get inside and devour her. Good."
  • Are the cats really trying to kill the Cat Lady? Maybe she has a can of sardines in her pocket, and they want it. Maybe they just want some warm affection and ear-scritchin's from her. Is her fear reasonably founded, or is she just being a panicky ailurophobe?
  • Why are we calling the imperiled protagonist the "Cat Lady," anyway? Real cat ladies are crazy people who love cats to a fault. This lady obviously doesn't love cats. And for that, she shall never meet mustluvcatz's approval.
  • What time period is "Cat Lady" set in? I haven't seen a phone booth since...well, 2010, at a local Chevron where I used to work. A tornado wrecked the gas station in the January of 2010. It wrecked the phone booth too, of course. It's pretty weird when you fill out an application somewhere and it asks "Why did you leave your last job?" Because a freakin' force of nature wrecked it! Anyway, phone booths are going the way of the dodo, alas. Thanks a lot, cell phones. Where's Superman going to change clothes now?
  • For that matter, don't real phone booths have legs and little gaps between the pavement and the metal frames of the glass walls? Couldn't a cat just crawl under the walls of a phone booth and start chewing on the Cat Lady's ankles? Or were they just toying with her?

What do you think? Insert input here.

Also, Merry Decemberween!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 1:20 AM Last edited by A-chana : 26th Dec 2015 at 1:32 AM.
I like to think that the Pleasants' appearances on television, the sitcom and the pizza commercial, are celebrity cameos. More specifically, Daniel's the celebrity, if we assume he did go through most of the athletics career track as normal despite his lacking skill points; the Superstar level even mentions commercial endorsements. His family just sort of gets dragged along for the ride now and then if those in charge think they need a full family in their scene -- for example, a family enjoying some nice pizza together, happy and functional and most certainly not simply filling their mouths with pizza so they can't insult each other.

The sitcom is a bit harder to explain since you would think if they starred on a show, it'd be a big part of their lives; my best guess is that it's a one-time guest appearance on an established show. Maybe the main characters include teenagers or school teachers, explaining why the twins and their conflict are apparently not only relevant but important to the episode. For the record, I can't identify all the other scenes in the sitcom clip, including whoever's making out on the couch. If they aren't premades, maybe those are the cast regulars?

(I think my personal theory, one with even less substance, was that the main cast had identical twin brothers that were dating the Pleasant sisters, complete with twin switcheroos in both pairs for who knows what reason, right before their double date. Long story short the sisters fought with each other, caused damage, and got shipped off to military school by the end of the episode to never be seen again. End of cameo!)

(My eyes are so bad for this given the tv quality, but maybe I'll have to analyze some of the other channels' stuff, though most of them are fairly obvious on the surface anyway.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 6:33 AM
Wait a second. Those aren't any of the Pleasant family appearing in Cat Lady too, are they? o_O
Page 3 of 3