Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 4:33 PM
OK - I think you need to post a picture for that if it's not those sort of sqiggly lines.

Check this page for the dates - if they are the same, you are good. If not, you have a problem.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit..._file_Read-Only

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 4:45 PM

Well, Apartment Life is the same date-wise for me so I think I'm good there... I have the Deluxe base-game so I don't know if that affects anything but both the Deluxe base game packages and the Deluxe EP packages don't match... OFB-wise - my Creation and Modified dates are exactly the same, but the modified date for the site you sent me is different.
D: Apartment Life is my most recently installed expansion pack so I have a feeling that if that one's good then I should be fine, but I'm probably not fine, am I? Let me know please. Thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:06 PM
Squiggly lines can be from other things such as cc but without the patches and mod fixes I don't know how in a year of play you wouldn't have corruption, if you see what I am saying. If thought bubbles are popping up like that I would lean 90% to corruption. What hood are you playing? The pre-made hoods come shipped already with corruption. People still play them for years and years longer if they keep mopping up EA's mess.

Why would you not save what Hood Checker fixed? That's what it's for.

Once you are all patched and yes that is every patch that is to do with your disk set up. I keep them in a folder since downloading them takes some time. Then make sure you have all essential mod fixes in place. One of the easiest ways to get corruption is to have a death, that was one of EA's biggest corruption makers. The game allows sims to smash urns and sweep up the ashes into a bin, graves can vanish, you can accidentally place a house into the bin with graves on it. Those are 3 huge corruption makers right there and you as a player may have done nothing to make that grave vanish. That is what No Unlink on delete and No corrupt death is for.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 10:58 PM
Well I told you before, I get it in all of my neighbourhoods - including the ones I've made. I haven't had ANY other signs of corruption as far as I'm aware.

Well it just seems a bit silly (to me) that you have to save it as a file every single time you use it. Then again, I'm new to that so I couldn't be sure.

Well I've been very careful with graves and urns. I usually make a graveyard so that they can all go there instead of me having to worry about accidentally deleting them.
I have the safety mods all installed (from important to very vital, I didn't install anything less important than that). Not sure where my patches should go but they're in my Downloads folder currently.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 1:28 AM
I think we are talking about two different things, I am saying if hood checker says it can remove a list of corruption, have it to so. The actual list might be useful to post. Mootilda when she was still with us would have been able to tell a lot more from it, but people here may pin point some things.

Without No Link On delete a grave can simply disappear and cause corruption no matter how careful you are.

You run the patches and they might change the date on your object.package, if it does that is okay.

Did you say you had this in every hood with your cc removed? Do make a full back up before doing that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 3:15 AM
I don't think that's regular corruption, I think it's something to do with the textures. As objects.package is apparently ok, I have no idea what is causing that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 3:17 AM
She could replace those though, couldn't she? I've never had to do it myself but I've heard people have copied the objects.package from the disk and replaced it successfully.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#33 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
She could replace those though, couldn't she? I've never had to do it myself but I've heard people have copied the objects.package from the disk and replaced it successfully.

Yes, that's what you're supposed to do.

Looking at the picture again, it looks like the 'missing texture' black and white symbol texture distorted which again makes me think objects.package.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 9:19 PM
I can't tell, I need a much closer larger picture.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 10:54 PM
Um sorry, I got here late! What do you both need me to do now? :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:17 PM
The picture with the squiggles. If you get the picture closer and bigger we might see what the picture in the squiggles is, because it is a picture of something not random squiggles.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:37 PM
Okay, well it's 23:37 here currently but tomorrow I'll try and get a closer up image (I don't know how to make it bigger, only how to crop).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 12:46 AM
Use Tab and a screenshot program.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 2:04 PM
Okay, does it need to be bigger? Because I use tab all the time but I don't have any screenshot programs because I never thought it would be useful.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:55 PM
Use tab and move in closer.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:47 PM Last edited by JadeThePlumbob : 7th Dec 2015 at 8:21 PM.
Just move in closer? I didn't know that made the image bigger.
Do you all still think it's likely I have corruption?
Page 2 of 2