Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 6:40 PM
Default Here's a fun Idea
Let's design the perfect sims game.
Rules
1 one idea per post
2 everyone must agree the idea is perfect (read as no disagrees)

Okay, I'll start. Game must be sandbox. That is goals must be determined by the user alone.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 7:41 PM
Game must be endlessly customizable, with tools in place from the start to make tweaking play to exactly suit each player as simple as possible.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#3 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:01 PM
There should be no easily-accessible options that instantly corrupt the game. (For instance, if putting an occupied lot in the bin will instantly corrupt the game, then you should be physically incapable of putting an occupied lot in the bin.)

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Link Ninja
#4 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:02 PM
Game must have no bugs and no ways a user can destroy their own files with tools shipped with the game.

Edit: Dag, esmeiolanthe ninja'd me.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#5 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:06 PM
Young Adult should be the next stage for all teen Sims with or without college and they can have functions like marriage, having children, and part or full time jobs.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:34 PM
Game must have multiple life stages available and you can choose which of them you use in your game.
Scholar
#7 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:37 PM
The ability to choose the Lifetime Want to fit your Sims accordingly.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:46 PM
The ability to disable/enable any CAS or Build/Buy mode item while in game & hair on adults grays overtime.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 8:56 PM
There should be more aspirations including a creative aspiration.

Also separate shoes for outfits (hey, I know you get this with TS3 but one can dream for TS2 can't one?)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 9:10 PM
It should be easy to create your own content, everything from clothing, to objects, to mods.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 9:38 PM
Game must be.......fun.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 9:53 PM
You realize that your Rule 2 brought the Phantom Disagreer out of the woodwork, right? I propose an amendment: the first Disagree is always assumed to be that of the Phandom Disagreer and does not count!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 10:26 PM
The game should have non-pudding Sims! I like playing with humanesque creatures, not rice pudding.

Also, Peni, I vote that we call the mystery disagreer the "Phantom Disagreer" from now on! Brilliant name, I love all the names you come up with.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 10:40 PM
The sims should have real emotions and react accordingly to the situation. The relationship level will also determine reaction as will personality. A very nice sim will cry more then a very mean one over the death of a family member.

The game will contain humor, and I don't mean an 'angry poop', but real humor that is unexpected that actually makes you chuckle.

Each life stage, including infants will be fully fleshed out and be able to interact with each other.

Pets will have a greater range of things to do. Cats will climb things and sit on laps, dogs will chase off burglars, greet owners with enthusiasm and can be taught to bring in the paper..

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 11:19 PM
No limit to the number of Sims, no culling by the game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 11:24 PM
On the dog bringing in the paper, what about if the dog randomly leaves the lot and brings back odd items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#17 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 12:42 AM
The game must be more than sunshine and rainbows, there should be failure states, options for grime, bad luck and such...
AI should be top notch and reactive to situations sensibly so the characters can be created to be unique and provide surprises in what they choose to do.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 1:53 AM
What if the dogs and cats could sometimes get really attached to their owners' items? Like, for example, one dog really, really likes chewing on the Sim's slippers! Or their cat really enjoys climbing up that one tree in the backyard. Surely by now they could code such quirks and preferences into an AI?

This could be applied to Sims as well - I know most people get attached to certain items. For example, I'm a grown woman and I still sleep with a battered, red pillow that I've owned since I was... wow, about 8 or 9, I think. That one kid in Charlie Brown carried a blue blanket everywhere, too. It'd be adorable if this could somehow be put into a life-sim game.

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Forum Resident
#19 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 3:48 AM
When buying beds, it should be two purchases: the frame, and the mattress. Both should contribute the comfort level, but mattress should have more effect on that than the frame, while the frame should have more impact on the environmental score.
Scholar
#20 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:51 AM
There should be more variety of miniature pets as in TS1 (lizards, lovebirds, turtles) plus more, like.. OMG bunnies.

Your sim can push a trolley/cart around food stores (I've literally wanted this in a game since before TS even existed).

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 5:04 AM
Yes, plus a stroller/pram for babies and toddlers. They should be able to go to community lots without a mod and be walked there in a pram/stroller when you select the walk to action.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 9:52 AM
Guys, you're forgetting the first rule. One idea per post. If the point is to agree/disagree to show opinions, if you put more than one thing in one post, that makes it hard because one may only agree with one of the ideas.

Perhaps the rule of not double posting could be discarded for this one thread?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#23 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 10:07 AM
Creating infants in CAS.

Giving adults an exact age (Example: Not 29 but perhaps 24 days?) so that they already have "lived" some days. (When creating adults with kids in CAS i always felt uncomfortable till i found SimBlender)
Maybe even giving them more, unique memories such as graduating from high school with an A+, parents die in a accident. I wish that part would be more customizable!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 10:16 AM
Oh, might help if I actualy read the rules...

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 12:00 PM
Virtual Reality add-on so I can visit my neighbourhood and meet my Sims face to face.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1 of 3