Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:15 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 19th Oct 2015 at 3:26 AM.
Default What the Heck is the Story Here?
Cutting to the chase here: This is a thread where maybe we can sort out exactly what's going on in all those Simmy movies, TV shows, video games, the Dragon Legend and all of those other little stories within the grand, overarching story that is The Sims 2. Maybe we can come up with some earnest explanations, or maybe our speculations will be entirely farcical. Who knows? Let's just roll with it!

And so, with that premise established, I'd like to kick things off with that salaciously titled arcade game, Pimp Viking 3D! Because I have no idea what the heck it's all about, to be honest. .

So here's the protagonist in our story. He's pretty blurry, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that that's the aforementioned Pimp Viking. And he's running around the desert, grabbing...brown lumps of some sort off the sand. I have no idea why he's doing this. He's supposed to be a Viking fishmonger, right? Are those fishes? Why would he be collecting fishes in a desert? Why would he be in the desert at all? Weren't the Norsemen famed for their seamanship, not for their desert survival skills? Does Scandinavia even have any deserts?

Right out the gate, this guy's already an enigma. That doesn't bode well for our story. Unless it's a Mystery story. And I have it on good authority that Vikings don't do mysteries. Moving on...

...and sometimes the Pimp Viking runs across bridges...

...and sometimes the Pimp Viking runs across even bigger bridges.

...and sometimes, while he's out roaming this bridge-infested desert, he meets the Pretty Pink Princess...

...and he makes her cry.

...because...because the Pimp Viking and the Princess are in a codependent relationship! And he always tells her that this will be the last time he runs out and collects brown lumps all over the desert, and that he'll be staying home and keeping her company after that, but the "last time" never actually comes, and she stays faithful to him but she gets so lonely and starts weeping every time she watches him run back out into that brown-lump-littered, decidedly non-Scandinavian wasteland again....

There. I think I just solved that part of the mystery! You're welcome.

And then, sometimes the Pimp Viking will encounter this strange, other man out in the desert...

...and the Princess breaks down into tears once again. (Portia? Down in front, please.)

Who is this mysterious man who accosts our hero out in the desert? Is he a brutal highwayman out to rob our noble Pimp Viking of his hard-earned brown lumps? Is he the Pimp Viking's evil doppelganger, come from the Mirror Universe to remove the Pimp Viking from the board and take his place? Is he the Pimp Viking's boss, coming to tell the Pimp Viking that he needs to fill in for another fishmonger this weekend? Is he a secretive homosexual lover with whom the Pimp Viking's having an extramarital affair, and the Princess just found out about it? Really, who is this mysterious man, and why does he provoke the Princess into such weeping fits from afar?

But then, the Princess and the Pimp Viking come together in a castle which happens to be out in the desert for some reason...

...and they kiss passionately enough to ignite a thousand fireworks. And they all live happily ever after.

...at least until he's off grabbing brown things out of the desert again.

So what do you suppose that the story is here? What can we conclude from what we see and/or what we read in the Description, which may or may not be 100% accurate? How would Peni Griffin have written the tale of Pimp Viking 3D? And what the heck are those lumpy brown things all over the place?

Here's the microphone. Don't drop it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:29 AM
Is it first person shooter when he runs over bridges? Seems like a gun.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:36 AM
I think a better question is, how could a Viking be a pimp? The term pimp originated well after the viking age. And if he is supposedly a pimp, why is there only one woman and no others? Don't pimps usually have multiple women?

Confusing game is confusing.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Is it first person shooter when he runs over bridges? Seems like a gun.

Nah, it's just an irrigation canal out in the desert. The only firearms which the old Norsemen had were blunderbusses which fired swarms of battle axes coated with nitric acid which exploded on impact, and that canal looks more like the barrel of an M1 Garand, which the Vikings did not have because the Garand wasn't "manly" enough for their tastes. Either that or the history books lie and the Vikings did invent irrigation on their own, instead of just stealing irrigation canals from the English all the time.

Maybe that's why the mystery man's after the Pimp Viking. Those are his irrigation canals, and the Pimp Viking's raids are rapidly depleting the brown lumps which the Irrigation Guy needs to keep those canals clean and flowing somehow.

I dunno, though. I like the homosexual doppelganger theory better.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I think a better question is, how could a Viking be a pimp? The term pimp originated well after the viking age. And if he is supposedly a pimp, why is there only one woman and no others? Don't pimps usually have multiple women?

Confusing game is confusing.

Well, like the description says, "pimp" used to mean "fishmonger" back around William Shakespeare's time. Which begs the question: Would modern-day pimps who employ mermaids as prostitutes be our best hope of crossing the generation gap between now and yesteryear? We'll find our Utopia yet if we can resolve that one persistent riddle!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:47 AM
Description directly from the buy mode:
In Shakespearean times, a "pimp" was a fishmonger, and everybody knows that Pimp Viking is the greatest fishmonger of them all! When the Fish Princess is captured and taken to the land of barren fruit, can Pimp Viking avoid the debilitating Gas Bags and save the day? now you get to decide with the Pimp Viking 3D Arcade Game. Be the pimp that you've always wanted to be!
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:52 AM
Yes, that's what it says. But what are these "barren fruit"? Where are these "Gas Bags," and how do they debilitate the Pimp Viking? Are the Gas Bags shaped like men who accost the Pimp Viking at random during his desert wanderings? How can the fruit be barren if there are irrigation canals all over the desert? Why is he "mongering" fish out in the desert when the ocean would be a much better option? So many questions to be answered! Curse you for bringing them up, Pimp Viking 3D's Description!
Scholar
#8 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 3:57 AM
I for one would like to talk about the "kids" TV show where the garden gnomes kill the old man lol

and Pizza you too smart for me. All this history knowledge and stuff. Book learnin'. fgvhjbknlm,

I can't take a guess at all. I just believed the game description. I believed, darn it! I BELIEVED.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:02 AM
Barren fruit sounds like an euphemism for empty rewards. Sort of a fruit of your labors type-thing. Rescuing a princess sounds like a Mario parody, and in Mario you never are rewarded for your work.

Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DizzyBoo
I for one would like to talk about the "kids" TV show where the garden gnomes kill the old man lol

I'll be getting to that one too...some time after we cover the Mime Cat, Weather Control and Werewolf movies, probably.

and Pizza you too smart for me. All this history knowledge and stuff. Book learnin'. fgvhjbknlm,

What can I say? I went to a nice elementary school. With nuns. You don't ever want to let a nun catch you sleeping in class, believe me. The roads through history are paved with many bloodied rulers and other measuring sticks.

I can't take a guess at all. I just believed the game description. I believed, darn it! I BELIEVED.

There are many things more deserving of your heartfelt belief, Dizzy. Like convenience store microwave ovens. Can they thoroughly cook a frozen burrito if we but bring ourselves to believe in their power?

Maybe the Gas Bags are those little brown lumps all over that desert. But if that's the case, then why is the Pimp Viking collecting them, rather than running directly away from each one of them in stark terror? Is "pimp" also an archaic synonym for "one-man bomb squad," and the Pimp Viking's not collecting the brown Gas Bags so much as he's disarming them? Ooh, I love Action stories! I hope I'm on the right track here! .
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:15 AM
Barren fruit sounds like an euphemism for empty rewards. Sort of a fruit of your labors type-thing. Rescuing a princess sounds like a Mario parody, and in Mario you never are rewarded for your work.

Lies! My Mario was rewarded plenty for rescuing Princess Peach. He was rewarded by not dying. Compared to the alternative, that sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Plus, all the gold coins that you could take. They never bought anything but extra lives, but it's better than nothing. I would have liked to see those gold coins buy an Australian mini-submarine with unlimited torpedoes for those infernal water levels, though.

I like to think of the Super Mario Bros story as being something like the Mercenaries mode from Resident Evil 3: Princess Peach's father has implanted a Semtex bomb somewhere inside Mario's body, and if Mario fails to rescue Princess Peach and complete his mission, then the bomb detonates and reduces poor Mario to a shower of meat which Bowser can't interrogate and follow the source of the intrusion all the way back to King Grapefruit (or whoever Princess Peach's father is). I'd cast Sylvester Stallone in the role of Mario if this were still the 1980's.
Scholar
#12 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:16 AM
I'm sorry you had to suffer nuns.

I don't use those microwaves. I'd rather not have my food covered in germs, please.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:21 AM
Microwaves and Nuns. That is an interesting combination. Someone should create a game about that and set the location in space.

Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:22 AM
I'm sorry you had to suffer nuns.

I don't use those microwaves. I'd rather not have my food covered in germs, please.

What? Show me a germ which can survive the inside of a microwave oven during its operation, and I'll show you a germ which would take a LAW rocket to kill. Who told you this? .

Microwaves and Nuns. That is an interesting combination. Someone should create a game about that and set the location in space.

I'm on it! Which publisher should we pick? Activision's okay, but we probably shouldn't touch Sony Online Entertainment. If SOE can kill off awesome MMOs based on established franchises like Star Wars and The Matrix, then Nuns with Microwaves in Space wouldn't have a chance. .
Scholar
#15 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:27 AM Last edited by DizzyBoo : 19th Oct 2015 at 4:41 AM.
The outside of the microwave is covered in...let's see, sneezes, spit, feces from people not washing their hands, bacteria...

So when I take the food out of the machine, how am I supposed to do that without TOUCHNG the handle? Levitate it out? Wear gloves in public and look like a freak? It's bad enough that I have Lupus and my parents make me wear a surgical mask in large crowds...cuz ya know...a cold could KILL me.

I suppose I could hope that no germs transfer from me taking it out, unwrapping it and cleaning my hands afterward. But seriously why would you use a PUBLIC microwave? Disgusting.

Off topic here lol back to Pimping Gas Bags and making girls cry or whatever.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I'm on it! Which publisher should we pick? Activision's okay, but we probably shouldn't touch Sony Online Entertainment. If SOE can kill off awesome MMOs based on established franchises like Star Wars and The Matrix, then Nuns with Microwaves in Space wouldn't have a chance. .

How about Ubisoft? They seem to love creating mindless crap. Hell, if we go with Ubisoft we'll get the best experience ever at only 30fps. It'll make the game more cinematic. And who doesn't want to feel like they're at a cinema while attempting to avoid microwaves and nuns in space?

Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:36 AM
The outside of the microwave is covered in...let's see, sneezes, spit, feces from people not washing their hands, bacteria...

So when I take the food out of the machine, how am I supposed to do that without TOUCHNG the handle? Levitate it out? Wear gloves in public and look like a freak? It's bad enough that I have Lupus and my parents make me wear a surgical mask in large crowds...cuz ya know...a cold could KILL me.

I just use a napkin. Just find the nearest napkin dispenser, grab the second napkin in, put it on the handle and grab that.

Sorry to hear about your lupus, though. Everything about it makes it sound like a pretty vicious thing to have.

Poor Selena Gomez. I just heard about her having lupus and getting chemotherapy for it. And some Internet Tough Guy had the gall to say that she deserved it, or that he hoped her whole family would get cancer or whatnot. I'm convinced that some people on this planet should undergo mandatory hypnosis, to make it where that they can't even look at a computer monitor without immediately emptying their bladder into their pants. Or their skirt. Or...right onto their comfy office chair. Some people use the internet while they're in the nude, you know. No, I'm not an expert on this. -_-

I suppose I could hope that no germs transfer from me taking it out, unwrapping it and cleaning my hands afterward. But seriously why would you use a PUBLIC microwave? Disgusting.

Because that gas station burrito isn't going to heat itself. And the clerks tend to do excessive things like cussing and screaming at you and calling the Fire Department and running for their lives when you spurt 25 cents of gasoline on the ground and light it. It's just as well; burning gasoline makes a burrito taste pukey anyway. .
Mad Poster
#18 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:39 AM
Scholar
#19 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:40 AM
Sad spoiler is sad.

And Frictional Games for the Nuns in Space with Microwaves

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:41 AM
I always figured they were just random things. I really would not waste too many brain cells trying to make something out of it, when there may be nothing to work out.

... Or is this meant to be fun and I am being far to practical again?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:46 AM
How about Ubisoft? They seem to love creating mindless crap. Hell, if we go with Ubisoft we'll get the best experience ever at only 30fps. It'll make the game more cinematic. And who doesn't want to feel like they're at a cinema while attempting to avoid microwaves and nuns in space?

Hmm...good points, very good points. I suppose that Ubisoft wouldn't have deep enough pockets to hire Morgan Freeman for the narration, though. We could settle for that Markiplier guy from YouTube, I suppose. He has a pretty deep, resonating voice.

Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pimp

Pffft! As if I should heed the words of a puffed-up hack work that is a dictionary! What are centuries of accumulated lexicography compared to the arcane genius that is Will Wright? If an irrefutable source like The Sims 2 says that a pimp is a fishmonger, then that's good enough for me. .

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I always figured they were just random things. I really would not waste too many brain cells trying to make something out of it, when there may be nothing to work out.

... Or is this meant to be fun and I am being far to practical again?

Well, it's like I always say: Throw a variety of objects at a wall and eventually, one of them will stick. Maybe it'll be your pragmatic thought that sticks, maybe it'll be my...huh.

You know, I'm not really sure what the heck my train of thought is here. I'll be right back after I figure it out over a microwaveable burrito or two....
Scholar
#22 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Hmm...good points, very good points. I suppose that Ubisoft wouldn't have deep enough pockets to hire Morgan Freeman for the narration, though. We could settle for that Markiplier guy from YouTube, I suppose. He has a pretty deep, resonating voice.

You mentioned Mark. I love you now :lovestruc

And he has an AMAZING voice

Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:01 AM
You mentioned Mark. I love you now :lovestruc

And he has an AMAZING voice

Yes, he does. But man, he overreacts so much. I sat through his Five Nights at Freddy's videos, and I'm surprised that my speakers didn't blow out from all the screaming that he was doing. All the times that Bonnie jumped up and grabbed my face, all I did was yelp. Either Mark's faking his reactions to entertain his viewers, or I have nerves of steel and I'm not nearly as big of a softie as I self-estimated.

He doesn't overreact as much as PewDiePie does, though. I'll give him that. .

I'm not hearing a whole lot of suggestions or well-researched explanations for why the story of Pimp Viking 3D plays out the way it does, so it would seem that even our thinktank can't slice through the Gordian knot that is Pimp Viking 3D's plotline. Should we move on to the Dragon Legend now?
Scholar
#24 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:06 AM
Let us speak about my adorable new avatar...

lol okay yeah I love The Dragon Legend. I just got Olive Specter to learn it yesterday.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:11 AM
A spider in the toilet is cruel. Maybe not as cruel as Lupus, but still cruel enough.

Page 1 of 3