Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 5:37 PM
Default userstartup.cheat
Wwhere do I install my custom userstarup.cheat file in the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection game ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 5:40 PM
User\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
User\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config

I think the Sims 2 is actually changed to something like "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection".
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think the Sims 2 is actually changed to something like "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection".

It is. (My?) Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:20 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I tried that but when I go to C\Documents and Settings\User\My documents\EA Games there is nothing in the file. I downloaded the UC from Origin, but in that path there is no Origin file.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:22 PM
You must run the game at least once for it to gen up the files needed to play in My Doc and remember that windows 7, 8 and I think 10 makes 2 and only one works and it is the one that will have all the files in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:56 PM
I placed the file in My Documents\EA Games\Sims 2 Utimate Collection and started and the exited the game twice. Only one of the commands showed up. Here is what my file looks like
alias g+ "boolProp snapObjects to grid true" "Turns grid on"
alias g- "boolProp snapObjects to grid false" "Turns grid off
alias m+ "moveobjects on" "Move all objects"
alias ron "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" "turn rotation on"
alias roff "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false" "turn rotation off"
alias tv "floatProp tvVolume 0.0"
alias ch+ "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" "enables debug mode"
alias ch- "boolProp testingcheatsenabled false" "disables debug mode"
alias m- "moveobjects off" "Move standard objects"
Only the first command shows up
Thanks again
Forum Resident
#8 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SJMykland
I placed the file in My Documents\EA Games\Sims 2 Utimate Collection and started and the exited the game twice. Only one of the commands showed up. Here is what my file looks like
Thanks again

I meant the Config folder listed above. Sorry about that - I was just saying what The Sims 2 folder was called, not the location of where to put the userstartup.cheat file.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 7:07 PM
OH my bad, I did place it in the Config folder. My error not yours sorry,
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SJMykland
Thanks again

The reason only the first command shows up is because there's a mistake in the second line. You are missing a " at the end of the line. If there's a mistake, the game only reads up to that point. Also this command is incorrect:

You don't need the " "s or the 'alias tv' - you're not going to be turning this action on, you want it on all the time so it should just be:

floatProp tvVolume 0.0 (are you sure you want the setting at 0? That turns the sound off altogether I think)

Anyway, you only need the alias commands where you want to turn a feature on or off as you play. Otherwise, just use the command itself.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 8:27 PM
Thanks For all the Help
Thanks Maxon. Further study on my part noticed the missing ", and had come back to post such when I saw your reply. It gives me clarification which I really appreciate.
An additional thanks for pointing out the mistake in the tv line. Much Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. Mod the Sims in my favorite Sims website !

Thanks again everyone.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 8:48 PM
Since we're on the topic of aliases... mine doesn't seem to be working either.

boolprop allow45degreeAngleOfRotation true
setQuarterTilePlacement on

#------------------------------------------------------------------
# Cheat Aliases

alias moy "moveObjects on" "moveobjects on" "moveobjects on"
alias mon "moveObjects off" "moveobjects off" "moveobjects off"

alias soy "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "AntiGrid enabled." "AntiGrid enabled."
alias son "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "AntiGrid disabled." "AntiGrid disabled."

alias cfy "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Extra floor editing!" "Extra floor editing!"
alias cfn "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Edit floors normally." "Edit floors normally."

alias cheatsy "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" "testingcheatsenabled true" "testingcheatsenabled true"
alias cheatsn "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false" "testingcheatsenabled false" "testingcheatsenabled false"

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 9:19 PM
Which bit isn't working and where have you put the file?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 11:26 PM
@maxon

It's in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Config

It's a Text Document (.txt) and it's called "userstartup.cheat". None of it seems to be working. I seem to have gotten everything right - a Windows 8 and or a Ultimate Collection problem, possibly?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 11:32 PM
Here is mine if anyone wants to copy and paste it. It does have some extra stuff because it was made for me many years ago and the person who made it was being extra helpful. I have never edited it for fear I might mess it up! It contains most of the known cheats.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
It's a Text Document (.txt) and it's called "userstartup.cheat". None of it seems to be working. I seem to have gotten everything right - a Windows 8 and or a Ultimate Collection problem, possibly?

Well, it shouldn't be a .txt document. The name should be userstartup.cheat only. Remove the .txt

Forum Resident
#17 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Well, it shouldn't be a .txt document. The name should be userstartup.cheat only. Remove the .txt

I don't understand? It doesn't have .txt at the end of the file name, if that's what you're getting at. The file name is "userstartup.cheat", but the file TYPE is a .txt like the rest of the files in that folder.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 2:37 AM
setQuarterTilePlacement on breaks the file. You can do an alias for it, but you can't have it always on. I learned that the hard way.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 12:22 PM Last edited by maxon : 26th Oct 2015 at 1:39 AM.
I don't understand? It doesn't have .txt at the end of the file name, if that's what you're getting at. The file name is "userstartup.cheat", but the file TYPE is a .txt like the rest of the files in that folder.

Do any files in Windoze Explorer show their ending filetype (file extension)? (By default, Windoze does not show them - you have to have altered that manually). Because it should be a .cheat file not a .txt file. If the game is seeing a text file it won't read it which is why it's not working.

Picture attached to show you.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#20 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Do any files in Windoze Explorer show their ending filetype (file extension)? (By default, Windozes does not show them - you have to have altered that manually). Because it should be a .cheat file not a .txt file. If the game is seeing a text file it won't read it which is why it's not working.

Picture attached to show you.

...How can I change it to a .cheat file then? Lol. When I heard the title was "userstartup.cheat", I thought that was the name of the file. I didn't realize ".cheat" existed.

EDIT: GOT IT!

Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 10:21 PM
Mine doesn't work. Lol
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 11:06 PM
@bobyoud2001: See http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Userstartup.cheat and make sure that you've done everything correctly. You can also paste the contents of your file here so we can check over it for things like syntax errors.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 1:36 AM
...How can I change it to a .cheat file then? Lol. When I heard the title was "userstartup.cheat", I thought that was the name of the file. I didn't realize ".cheat" existed.

It doesn't exist but Windoze reads the file extension and puts the file type in capitals as though to say 'are you sure this is right?'
EDIT: GOT IT!

Good
Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
Mine doesn't work. Lol

If you want help we need more information than that. I'll say the same to you as I said to Alpal:
Which bit isn't working and where have you put the file?