Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 12:36 PM
Default LTW suggestions
The other post in the other thread got me thinking about how limited non-career LTWs really are in the game. As far as I know, there are no ways to add custom LTWs to the game, however a lot of us could just roll a dice for a make believe LTW according to aspiration, then give them permaplat when the sim fulfills it. I thought it would be a good idea to come up with a list for possible additional LTWs to spice up my game, some of you might also use it So far I have :

Fortune - Marry 3 Different Rich Sims
Fortune - Reach The Top of 2 Different Careers
Fortune - Make a Wealth Wish

Popularity - Have 20 Roof Raiser Parties
Popularity - Become Best Friends with 6 Kids
Popularity - Win 100 Fights
Popularity - Have 20 Simultaneous Enemies

Knowledge - Have 3 Alien Babies
Knowledge - Live 20 Years As A Vampire-Werewolf-Plantsim-Witch
Knowledge - Gain 7 Golden Talent Badges

Family - Have 3 Alien Babies
Family - Adopt 10 Kids
Family - Become Best Friends with 6 Kids

Romance - Make A Beauty Wish
Romance - Leave 5 Sims At The Altar
Romance - Break Up With 10 Different Sims

Pleasure - Go on 10 vacations
Pleasure - Renovate 20 cars
Pleasure - Prank 50 Different Sims

Grilled Cheese - Reach Golden Anniversary with A Grilled Cheese Sim

I'm all out. Granted, the numbers might change depending on how realistic it is for sim life, some of them seem too hard, some of them too easy. Still! If you have any more ideas it would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 1:04 PM
Here you go, I dug up the thread we had on this https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=517622 This would be better added to it and that thread bumped up rather then a new thread started.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 1:10 PM
Then people will call necromancy and say you should have started a new thread lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 1:12 PM
*looks around undecidedly* Decisions, decisions.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 1:19 PM
Not if it's adding something worthwhile. It was an interesting thread not a help thread that got answered 5 years ago.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 1:34 PM
Yes Jo, that was a really good thread, and one that definitely influenced my playstyle. With only two EPs the vanilla game gives me a very limited choice of LTWs, and I'm glad to say that a few of my Sims now have custom LTWs. I can hardly believe that that thread was almost two years ago!

I think the kind of thread necromancy that really upsets the mods is when EagerNewbie digs up a thread started by LongDepartedSimmer seven years ago, asking about some esoteric point of gameplay, and EagerNewbie excitedly posts a wonderful solution to LongDepartedSimmer's predicament.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 6:11 PM
Yep. Or when someone resurrects a mundane thread to comment "Lol" :facepalm:

As I said last time, though, it looks as though you can assign any normal want as a lifetime want in SimPE. You can also change the numbers. So some of these might be doable. I don't recommend assigning a LTW related to another sim, because I think that would be a bad idea - but another want, I don't see any problems. (Worth noting, though, just because I don't see any, doesn't mean that it wouldn't cause problems.)

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 7:24 PM
@spikesminx You have some great ideas there! Maxis should have thought of some of these - marrying rich Sims, making enemies, going on X number of vacations, adopting X number of Sims... it is really too bad there's no way for modders to create custom LTWs.

I wonder if they could be put into the game in some other way, for example as objects you can use to keep track of progress toward goals (manually if necessary) that dispense some reward when you win? (Probably also not possible I guess.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 7:55 PM
I also like them Marry a rich Sim does come up as a want, although not a LTW - but the one that had my mouth fall open when I saw it first - Inheriting from (insert name of spouse here) - even in Sims 1
So LTW for a fortune Sim : marry 6 rich Sims and inherit from ALL of them.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 8:48 PM
Quote:

It's doable. Just get that infamous Altar from somewhere else and have multiple spouses, all of whom die prematurely under very mysterious circumstances...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#11 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 10:33 PM
...or marry lots of elders, give them a happy final few days, then collect at their completely natural death - and find someone else who needs a happier, more companionable elderhood...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
As I said last time, though, it looks as though you can assign any normal want as a lifetime want in SimPE. You can also change the numbers. So some of these might be doable. I don't recommend assigning a LTW related to another sim, because I think that would be a bad idea - but another want, I don't see any problems.

Really? I didn't know that! Do you have to overwrite an existing LTW since you can't make custom ones or...?

Quote: Originally posted by Simley
I wonder if they could be put into the game in some other way, for example as objects you can use to keep track of progress toward goals (manually if necessary) that dispense some reward when you win? (Probably also not possible I guess.)

There's that Grilled Cheese and Date Counter painting, which are pretty common actions to count but the game already must have some kind of system for counting them for the LTW. I don't know if it can count pranks, fights etc. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to request some modders...

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

The problem for me wouldn't be marrying them but finding that many rich sims I have bigger bills lol. Breaking up with them without cheats takes forever too.

Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Buy 50 Money Trees.

Money farm!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 7:52 PM
Reading this thread made me think, wouldn't it be cool if the game kept track of things like "neighborhood Sim with the most enemies" or "Sim with the most lovers" or "Sim who has taken the most vacations" and marked that in some way. Then people who play by rotation could have Sims vying to be the most unpopular or the biggest Don Juan etc. This is the kind of thing EA should be doing to make new Sims games more interesting and elaborate (as if).