Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Animation Player

by cmomoney Posted 3rd May 2011 at 9:12 PM - Updated 3rd Nov 2012 at 3:20 PM by cmomoney

489 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 216 Feedback Posts, 272 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 20
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 5th May 2011 at 12:49 AM
With this, you can get sims to swim in the ocean
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th May 2011 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lydocia
I'm not interested in downloading SimPE myself - could someone (preferably with all EPs!!) open the Fullbuild packages and make a list of the clips?

Agreed, cuz I own a Mac so I can't use SimPE.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 5th May 2011 at 5:03 AM
okay, I was excited about the Pose Player. This, and NRaas Animator?
Oh, Cmo, are you God?
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:10 AM
First of all, thanks for this excellent creation. You are a genius! I hate to annoy you, but I am having a problem with getting the animations to play. I've done everything exactly as directed in the overview, but when I choose 'play' after entering an animation, nothing happens. My sims just stop whatever they're doing and stand there. Any ideas on what's going wrong?
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th May 2011 at 8:50 PM
Where do you put all the sims 3 Files in the electronic arts folder? (ea)
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th May 2011 at 10:27 PM
How do we know what animations to type in? is there a list or something?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#57 Old 6th May 2011 at 1:34 AM
Thank you very much for this tool!
I'm currently in the process of trying to get the list of animations up somewhere. I'm still compiling it though. I tried typing it manually and after 2 1/2 hours I still wasn't done (and I can type 120wpm). So I took a ton of screen captures of the list and took notes to keep my place. I'm still trying to get the images together (there is no way I can type all of that up)-- the screencapping and such took another 2 hours. There are so many animations its not even funny. I wish I could just get S3PE to dump a list of all of the CLIP files to a notepad or wordpad..

Should I post the links here when I'm finished? (it will be image files that people can look at-- although I may include some text for some of the ones that are harder to make out-- like one with a bunch of underlines). It will probably take over 20 images..

Almost forgot my question: are the names of the animations case sensitive or can it be typed in all lowercase to get the animations to show?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 6th May 2011 at 6:12 PM
Thanks for doing all this I can do a text version or for anyone who wants to have a go I've provided some instructions. I haven't tested it out fully but it should theoretically work. I can't do it at the moment, not at my regular computer but if you extract all the clip files into a folder, then use Total Commander to batch rename, using wildcards for instance S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_*_, the files are renamed to start with the anim prefix. Then get rid of the last part of the extra info at the end of the filename, then use the DOS command dir /b > theclipfilesbasegame.txt to dump all the names of the files in a txt file. I'll do this but I won't get the chance to until at least tomorrow.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th May 2011 at 6:42 PM
A clip list has been added the main post. Animations are case sensitive.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 6th May 2011 at 7:18 PM
whats the code thing to get them to cry? thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#61 Old 6th May 2011 at 10:00 PM
Heh. I guess the list I was making is not necessary then. Thanks cmomoney!

BriTTany, it depends on the type of crying you want and who you want to cry.

A basic breakdown of the codes:
a_ adult
e_ elder
t_ teen
p_ toddler
b_ baby
o_ object
a2o_ adult interacting with object
a2a_ adult interacting with adult
a2c_ adult interacting with child
(same format follows with teens and children).

Adult crying on shoulder of another adult:
a2a_soc_Neutral_CryOnShoulder_Friendly_Neutral_x
a2a_soc_Neutral_CryOnShoulder_Friendly_Neutral_y
a2a_soc_Neutral_CryOnShoulder_Awkward_Neutral_x
a2a_soc_Neutral_CryOnShoulder_Awkward_Neutral_y

This might be the crying-- it is for the trait
a_trait_crybaby2_x

a_wedding_happyCry_start_x
a_wedding_happyCry_loop_x

This may be what you are looking for though
a_react_cry_start
a_react_cry_loop
a_react_cry_stop
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 6th May 2011 at 10:39 PM
All i can say is"Amazing"
Test Subject
#63 Old 7th May 2011 at 2:30 AM
So Many Clips Ahhhhhhh
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 7th May 2011 at 5:23 PM
Ok so I've made an animation that involves the Sim 'jumping' as such and it looks fine in Milkshape. The .package doesn't crash my game but when I type the name in and then click play nothing happens - my Sim just stands there. Any idea why?

Thank you

"Knowledge is one part of the battle. Fireballs are the other part."
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#65 Old 7th May 2011 at 9:12 PM
I must be dreaming...
You're awesome!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 8th May 2011 at 3:22 AM
The Clip lists are at modyourpanties.com?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 8th May 2011 at 5:18 AM
Thats great awesome......
but there is a one problem its impossible to type clip name everytime and there is tons of long clip names and thats a major problem.................
is it possible to add all clips names in that player quickly ?
just like twallen animator
please tell me iam unable to take advantage of that animation player
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Shao Huan
Ok so I've made an animation that involves the Sim 'jumping' as such and it looks fine in Milkshape. The .package doesn't crash my game but when I type the name in and then click play nothing happens - my Sim just stands there. Any idea why?

Thank you

I have the same problem!!! Only difference is that I'm not trying to play custom animations. I can't even get EA animations to work. Let me know if you find a solution to this problem, because I would really appreciate it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 8th May 2011 at 5:38 PM
cool but how can work with this program D:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 8th May 2011 at 6:03 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to make this!
I've never made an animation (Sims 2 or Sims 3) but I made my first one last night and it came out perfectly!

Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th May 2011 at 9:28 PM
Thank you very much for this! I made my first custom animation.. I plan on doing much longer more complicated ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaH9-PDb9F4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 8th May 2011 at 11:30 PM
This is going to be amazing for movie making! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 9th May 2011 at 1:01 PM
I can't find it in my decor......Can someone please help me!?!?!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 9th May 2011 at 10:24 PM
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...=CK2s-qsH#gid=0

Hiya while searching the web I stumbled on this which was posted at the sims 3 forum it has most of the anims in it

By the way love the anims thing its great
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th May 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarahjane1234
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...=CK2s-qsH#gid=0

Hiya while searching the web I stumbled on this which was posted at the sims 3 forum it has most of the anims in it

By the way love the anims thing its great

YAY!
Page 3 of 20