Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:18 AM
Default Milkshape messes up mesh: HELP!
Ok, so i recently made this mesh for a necklace ive been wanting to make

and in maya, it looks great and its at a mere 700 poly, but when i import it into milkshape, the holes in the mesh get sealed up and it raises the polycount up to 1.7k

is there any way to fix this?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:21 AM
Looks to me like the Maya mesh is made with quads and/or other polygons with more than three sides, and splitting them into triangles (Sims uses only triangles) may cause your problems. Looking at your Maya screen it displays 'Faces 760, Tris 1740'. You could see if Maya has a setting to use or export only triangles.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:14 AM Last edited by deltasim : 21st Oct 2014 at 3:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Looks to me like the Maya mesh is made with quads and/or other polygons with more than three sides, and splitting them into triangles (Sims uses only triangles) may cause your problems. Looking at your Maya screen it displays 'Faces 760, Tris 1740'. You could see if Maya has a setting to use or export only triangles.

Thank you so much, it worked!
I just selected the mesh and used the tool called 'triangulate'