Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#126 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 11:50 AM
gerbera - the contestant list is in post #3
Advertisement
#127 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 11:51 AM
My application is updated here: Sebastian Fox - Application

Joanne, beautiful work, I'm so happy you joined!

Sorry if I can't address everyone personally, but I have to say again, the quality of these entries is totally through the roof....
Test Subject
#128 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
gerbera - the contestant list is in post #3

Okay It's just too hot here, my brain has melted ^^
#129 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 12:28 PM
Oh Joanne! You used my favorite picture! LOL I have to go look over all the other entries now...I'm a little behind. :doh:

EDIT: They're all fabulous! Oh I think I'm glad I'm not judging afterall LOL
#130 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 3:53 PM
Ah.. Joanne... amazing entry..
I just gotta upload a couple and re-do my app. See you all later :wave:
#131 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:25 PM
Ohhh Joanne entered.... lol i'm a goner for sure! :P
Lovely pics, but we can only have 4 =( ... sorry.
#132 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:27 PM
hmm...yes a headshot of your sim photographer plus 2-4 portfolio pics
#133 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:28 PM
Am I just overlooking it, or does it say when this round is due? I've skimmed through twice.
#134 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:30 PM
simsartthat - she has 5 + headshot LOL ... but that's her app and her stuff, feels weird talking about that....

tyler - I think he/she said the 15th
Scholar
#135 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 4:30 PM
Field Researcher
#136 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 5:03 PM
Finished my application....congratulations everyone on such amazing entries.
Test Subject
#137 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 6:47 PM
Added a pic, i will add more soon :D
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JocusDorkus
Lome, I'm so glad you decided to join after all, and hey, there's nothing wrong with being different, I usually go the other way from where people are going...heck, just look at this contest, that's proof enough! LOL But I'm really glad you chose Nature, I was really hoping someone wood, and those shots in your portfolio are just gorgeous! That second shot just makes me feel like I'm breezing through the country side!

Thank you, I was hoping for just that effect! And some lovely entries after mine now too wowzah! Tough competition here. My nature shots will be hard to judge against a lot of sims...oh well, that's ok, I picked it for the challenge.

--Lome
#139 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 8:35 PM
.... shoot.

Um, how long does the first round last?
I'm going to be gone from sat - ? ... I mean I think I might be able to do it Friday night, but that just depends when you post the results... AND if I make it ... but you haven't decided on that either....

lol .... so ya.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#140 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:38 PM
Sorry for posting this a bit late, I just arrived about an hour ago from a three hour trip from my brother's house to my own (yay, finally, my own bed after nearly two weeks of uncomfort!) down in the keys. And needless to say, I had to disconnect my pc and pack it in the back trunk for the ride. But don't worry, I've nearly settled, and now I'll have a lot more time to be around more often. Unfortunately for everyone! LOL

Spongity, that application is simply amazing! I mean every pictures is just stunning, the work and experience you've done clearly shows.

Joanne for only five months on photoshop delights, you've got very impressive work! I absolutely love that fifth photograph, the pose, the technique and angle all contribute to its success. Really amazing. One thing though, your portfolio is suppose to consist of only 2-4 photographs.

Destin, I absolutely love the edited application. If anyone was wondering what a 'project' was in terms of a series of photographs with the same subject, your application is the perfect example. And that last photograph, it's just so powerful.

As for the photographs in the application, it's 2-4 for the portfolio, and the headshot is additional for those who choose. And yes, the application round ends Friday the fifteenth. Which reminds me, I think I'll get one of those timer thinging links...I know, I'm so sophisticated... :dumbfunny

Also, I wanted to address the possible application round judgings. I think it's coming to a point where we indeed might have to make some cuts, but don't worry, it won't be that many. There's too much talent here to prevent too many from moving onto the first round and so forth. What I'm going to do today is send a pm to all the judges and consult with them whether we should definitely do it and what number we're going to stick with for the first round.

Also, I wanted to announce that Nostalgicpaty has offered to create some skins for the prizes, and this will be an addition to Magic's gorgeous men. And of course, yay for more prizes! I really want to thank them both for being so generous to us and the contest! Thank you ladies! :buddies:

Alright, I hope this post helped a little with clearing up a couple of things, if anything, don't be afraid to ask

-Jocus Dorkus incredibly happy to be home again- :moose:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
#141 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 9:41 PM
shweet =)

So do you know how long the first round will be.... just in case type deal.
Instructor
#142 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 10:21 PM
Oniella, the first post has an outline of the expected round dates. Round 1 says from the 16th to the 21st, so I think that's what she's hoping for.

Hmmm...and it seems like there will probably be app cuts--there's a lot of entries! So expect my application to change a bit Jocus.
#143 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 10:26 PM
God, i'm a wee bit stupid, thanks!!
#144 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 12:53 AM
Magic and Nostalgicpaty..thank you! Very generous prizes!!

:cdance:
#145 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 3:43 AM
you welcome! i might make like 4 outfits. or more who knows. but i need to know by when the prizes are needed. so the more time i have the more time i have making outfits!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#146 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 4:15 AM
Oniella, don't worry, I have those moments nearly all the time! LOL

I just sent you a pm with what I hope is a helpful link, and for the time limit, I guess really one could say the end of the contest...LOL or at least until the winner is announced. So feel free to take your time with them if you wish.

Ah, well, I've received a response regarding applications cuts from one judge and still pending two more, but as soon as a 'verdict' is agreed upon, I'll post immediately.

Thank you everyone for being so patient. :grouphug:

-Jocus Dorkus wondering around aimlessly- :smash:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
#147 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 4:19 AM
Thank you for the response! =)
Been doing it more lately.
#148 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 6:52 AM
I gotta go to school now, but was gonna post them up when I got back...

EDIT: Wait, isn't tomorrow the 15th not today ... Cause the 15th over here is a Saturday....

EDIT: Nope, just ignore that.. I was thinking it was a Friday today... :D
Damn, I am so dumb...
But I'll post my pictures when I get back... and change my experience, lol I wish I had been doing it for that long :D
Instructor
#149 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 7:46 AM
Wow, all those pics are incredible! Guys you are so talentuous!!!
Carmilla, please, you have to tell me which mod you have used to get that fabulous light effect!!!
Test Subject
#150 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 4:13 PM

Page 6 of 38