Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#15401 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MommyIce
I know! I should've asked my husband to do it! I have a bad track record with this kind of thing...

No that's horrible! :O

I didn't even know those things could be moved... that's insane!

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15402 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 1:30 AM
Scholar
#15403 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 10:41 AM
I have another update, 2.4
Field Researcher
#15404 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:32 PM
For the people who have used both - what do you prefer: blogger or wordpress? Thinking about making the switch...
Field Researcher
#15405 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:39 PM
For the people who have used both - what do you prefer: blogger or wordpress? Thinking about making the switch...

I'm not sure this is useful for you as I only use Blogger, but I've seen people switch to Wordpress from Blogger and not the other way around (I think it may have had something to do with photobucket's image policy though).

You could always check the site policies for each also, I think Blogger censors to a degree.

Also I randomly discovered that umbrellas are up-gradable...
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#15406 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:49 PM
I prefer blogger's layout when reading blogs.
Field Researcher
#15407 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:33 AM
I've considered making the switch to wordpress after the issues I had with the content warning, but I decided to stick with blogger instead. For me personally, wordpress feels clumsy and limited - I had a lot more freedom in creating and customizing the site exactly the way I wanted it in blogger.

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Test Subject
#15408 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 4:16 PM
Hey there. Sup.
Anyone remember me or the Attaways? TBH I don't expect you to.

So like I've been quiet. Super duper quiet. First it was problems with motivation (writer's block, oh joy, made even worse by the fact that I'm not rly much of a writer in the first place), then my game kept crashing for some indiscernible reason, then when I got the game working again my laptop charger broke. Then when I got a new charger, we got a new dog.
Now that the new dog is finally settled in, my game and laptop are both working, and I don't have writer's block, I can finally update again.

But it's been months. Like I literally haven't been here since June, and I didn't have an awful lot of readers in the first place. There's a strong possibility that everyone's lost interest.
So before I bother updating again, I need to ask. Is anyone still interested in the Attaways, or would you rather I moved on and started from scratch?
Scholar
Original Poster
#15409 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FirelightKnight
Hey there. Sup.
Anyone remember me or the Attaways? TBH I don't expect you to.

So like I've been quiet. Super duper quiet. First it was problems with motivation (writer's block, oh joy, made even worse by the fact that I'm not rly much of a writer in the first place), then my game kept crashing for some indiscernible reason, then when I got the game working again my laptop charger broke. Then when I got a new charger, we got a new dog.
Now that the new dog is finally settled in, my game and laptop are both working, and I don't have writer's block, I can finally update again.

But it's been months. Like I literally haven't been here since June, and I didn't have an awful lot of readers in the first place. There's a strong possibility that everyone's lost interest.
So before I bother updating again, I need to ask. Is anyone still interested in the Attaways, or would you rather I moved on and started from scratch?

Hey there, I remember you.

An absence of a few months is nothing... some of us go that long between updates, lol.

The question should really be what you want to do. Will you enjoy starting over, or are you attached to your "old" legacy family?
Field Researcher
#15410 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 5:07 PM
Update!

Chapter 3.09 - Passion

_~...~_
Field Researcher
#15411 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
Just posted another chapter: 8.5 "Graduation"

As far as blogger vs wordpress, I like wordpress better overall. It took me a while to get used to using it. I think the biggest thing blogger does better than wordpress is that you have a lot more control over the customization of your blog layout. But one of the things I really love about wordpress is that interaction between bloggers is so much easier. In wordpress you have a notification tab that tells you when someone comments, or replies to a comment, and things like that.
Lab Assistant
#15412 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:05 PM
@FirelightKnight
Hi there, of course you're remembered! I missed your updates, glad to hear you're well! Congrats on your new family member!
As for your legacy I agree with Becky, do what you feel comfortable with; I'll read it either way
Scholar
#15413 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 12:04 PM
I have another update, Chapter 2.5
Field Researcher
#15414 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:42 PM
Oh ho ho what's this, an update? It looks kind of sappy, but you guys can have it anyways.

1.10 The Age of Entertainment
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#15416 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 9:50 AM
Adding to the update train:

Chapter 3.10 - Lost Trust

_~...~_
Scholar
Original Poster
#15417 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 3:26 AM
Update from me as well: Goldbeard RLC Chapter 102

Took me two weeks to get all the pics, bleh. (Obviously I don't get much time to play.)

I was pretty torn on this one. I had a much longer chapter drafted, but once it came time to get the pics, I realized it was way too long so I chopped off half of it and stuck that part like four chapters down the line, soooo... hopefully that works out, structurally!
Field Researcher
#15418 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 4:05 AM
I'm really finding it hard to get back into Sims. I'm really disappointed I fudged my blogs, some of which were 10 years old! Maybe I need to head to a new world and try something new! Nothing like a random challenge to jump in...
Field Researcher
#15419 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 6:09 AM
I'm really finding it hard to get back into Sims. I'm really disappointed I fudged my blogs, some of which were 10 years old! Maybe I need to head to a new world and try something new! Nothing like a random challenge to jump in...
Hmm. If you do that I say recycle a few old screenshots and do a memorial episode, out of respect for your work and so you can have closure.

But I truly cherish the quiet parts of the week when I can steal away an hour for myself to read the blogs here, and I hope you find a way to continue. But maybe do something silly first, and less serious? To break the ice.

Field Researcher
#15420 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:56 AM
Alright ladies & germs, GodReadingCrafts over at Blogger suggested that I send Dustin out via Simport so anybody that wants him has to friend me over at sims3.com or in-game. I'm sending him to my current friends list now, and each request lasts 12 or 24 real hours, I don't recall which, where you can open your game and snag him for your park (trying to make it easy for those without special venues).

My game is on hold until I get him back (because I froze aging to do it), so if you friend me there today I'll assume you want him and when he comes back tomorrow, I'll send him right back out again so you can see him perform. I made him wear a bunch of weird outfits, so good luck with the one you get! (I was trying for many and I though I only got three but I looked again and there were something like 7 different outfits, Eugene's Detective uniform didn't make it in :/) If you message here or respond I'll make sure I find you!

Oh yeah, and you can use his act in your blog or whatever I don't mind/care if you grab pictures, I'd like to see one. :P
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#15421 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:47 AM
@Frogsnack awesome!!! I just sent you a friend request. My username on the website is heatherfeather19. I honestly forgot how Simport works, but I plan to play tomorrow so hopefully we can get it worked out!
Field Researcher
#15422 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherfeather19
@Frogsnack awesome!!! I just sent you a friend request. My username on the website is heatherfeather19. I honestly forgot how Simport works, but I plan to play tomorrow so hopefully we can get it worked out!

Yay he can chill with the Diffy's for a minute! :D

I think the real request lasts 24 hours, but here's more detail; http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Simport

I just got him back from the first tour (turns out it's 12 game hours he's gone for from my game), and since I can put our 4 requests at once I'll try to send him directly to you now, so that'll be 2/4 I think. I should be able to send him to two more new people if anyone sees this Sunday. *wink nudge*

Scholar
#15423 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:52 AM
I have another update, Chapter 2.6
Scholar
Original Poster
#15424 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:01 PM
Instructor
#15425 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 4:37 AM
;_; So much has happened in my hiatus. I'm really going to work on getting caught up, though. I recently cleaned out my computer room and set up my desktop again (I basically dismantled it while I had that busy period) so I'm going to try to sim this weekend and maybe work on the next chapter! I'll also be catching up on your guys' stuff over the next couple of weeks.

(seriously, I'm considering asking a family member to babysit my offspring one night this weekend so I can do sim stuff XD I'm CRAVING it but was unable to play with my crazy class schedule)

Page 617 of 676