Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2013 at 7:46 PM Last edited by telefen : 14th Sep 2013 at 2:18 PM.
Default Help need recoloring problem
Hi: My work has gotten disapproved twice now because on my lingerei model I made tights that were just fill color and the reason I did that and not used opacity to show skintone underneath, is because i get hightly pixalated results in BS. Here in these three pictures I used a skintone and gaussian blur to have as a base for this model's tights. In gimp after the blurring it looks completely blured and smoothed but, in BS as soon as I press update, I get a badly pixalated result. I am beginning to think it is the way window7 has set up my sims2 BS. Does anybody have similar problem and/ know the solutions? Please if you know the asnswer let me know cause I can no longer work on this project and try to satisfy the moderaters demands as BS is not cooperating with me. I also noticed when I work on skintones in SimPE like when I added some textures to some skintone and tried using DXTR method to over write , I get some funny yellow spots all over the skintone a few seconds after building dxtr. All other projects like hair & such not containng skintones work fine using Nvidia utilities.

I have followed all the instruction on the bodyshop tutorial concerning pixalation of the images and have set all the values to 0 on grafic rules sgr ui options and it seems like the BS is still compressing the images.

please help so I can finally get my work approved. Thnk you.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 9:56 PM
It has nothing to do with Windows 7. It's Body Shop compression, and it's been a nuisance since the early days of Sims 2 creation! There are a couple of things you can try.

The first is to add a tiny bit of noise to your tights texture. Sometimes that makes the pixelation less noticeable. On a light colour like you've got there, it might be enough.

The other option (the one I prefer, actually), is to save your texture in Photoshop as a PNG with transparency, and then go into SimPE and use Build DXT (use DXT3 and set Sharpen to "None") to import the texture directly into your package. You do this after you've created the package in Body Shop. This means you'll be replacing the pixelated, compressed texture that Body Shop messed up with your nice, smooth texture. It gives a much nicer result (especially with dark colours).

(I wrote this tutorial for baby clothes, but it explains how to use Build DXT to import textures. The procedure is the same.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 11:34 PM
Hey thanks fakepeeps7. I already figured it out exept I only have gimp. take a look at my results here:http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=512184 I think I did the right thing cause I used a light skintone underneath like suggested by the upload moderator and I had thought about it myself prior to that and used gaussian blur three times before I added the layer of tights texture with an opacity of about 60% ,but it the results were still pixalated in BS and not when I started using simpe,then things begunn to look normal.

That link doesn't work so take a peek at my new bodyshape in creators feedback section instead.
Screenshots