Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 11:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Broken car and driveway
This glitch ranks up there with the game tips one. No hacks and no custom content, completely vanilla game because at first I assumed this was a hack conflict. Its not. Not impressed. I can't use the main drive way to keep my cars, only the extension. If I put a car on the main dw piece they can't get in the car.

If its more than one sim, one gets in, the other can't but then the one that got in can't get out, I have to sell the car. What the heck? Way to go EAxis, really great programming you got there. I have no idea how to fix this. Having a drive way and and extension is no feasible on my smaller lots. I really REALLY wish I had NEVER purchased FT. WAY too many glitches for my liking.

I just noticed this now, they are just walking through the cars, even the original maxis ones, then they get in, then nothing. Thats when I have to sell the car. Its almost like because of FT the mesh has been broken on the cars.

Also on the restorable car if I do it on the main driveway it becomes "stuck" in the trashed look. I can't do anything to it. My head is about to explode from frustration.

PS yes I have the drive way in the right spot, I have moveobjects turned off. And yeah its like this on every single lot. *kicks Sims 2 FT programmers in the shin* I tried using JM's anti-watchout and nodrivewayshuffle and niether work.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 11:53 PM
So glad I read your posting--now I'm going to wait before installing FT. How frustrating for you! There was a thread going over at MATY that a previous bug--the "object in use" bug--had come back with this newest expansion. People are having to sell the sewing chair after each use because the Sims act like they can't sit down and complain about it. Maybe driveways or cars are somehow affected as well. There is a thread at the BBS for Bug Reports--have you posted this there? At least you could put your two cents in.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 12:20 AM
Have you tested this on an empty lot with just the driveway in the middle of it? It's possible there are things causing your simmies to think they can't get to the car.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 12:38 AM Last edited by TashaFaun : 4th Mar 2008 at 3:34 PM.
rich1lenore: yeah the BBS was my next stop lol. This is the third board I've tried.

whiterider: I tried it on an empty lot...it only seems to happen on the left hand side of the lot (where the driveway is supposed to go) which is really weird. In the middle and right hand side (which you can only use with moveobjects on) it works fine. Thanks for the suggestion though

Edit: wanna know what it was? A couple of stuck objects! I noticed I couldn't put tiles down at one point on a few lots in the same place. It was a bunch of invisible dirt piles! Isn't that awesome?? GAH!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 3:49 PM
You mean there's invisible dirt piles on ALL the lots now?! Or is it just in the new neighborhood?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 7:44 PM
about three in the new neighborhood and any new lots I created there.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 8:17 PM
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1609.0.html You can burninate them. I use this every once in a while. Fire is the most common thing to get stuck on a lot. lol

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 11:45 PM
Thanks but I already used the stuck object remover hence knowing it was a stuck object! LOL. But thanks
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: Solved