Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 5:45 AM
Well i can say it's not Just CC that is effected. My Omni plants wont let me feed them, and i can't get into the "Fresh and Frozen Grocer" either. SO i'm really starting to think there is more then we think is wrong with it. And this just started today after i patched
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:56 AM
I haven't downloaded the patch yet, because of reading about these CC issues. Not that I have a lot of CC objects in my game, but I still have some nonetheless that I like having in my game (particularly FreshPrince's cars)...Now it seems I'll have to track down and re-download all the custom objects (or hope Delphy or another modder makes a fix-all program for outdated CC)...

Guess it's a good thing my copy of Pets isn't due to arrive until later in the week (I pre-ordered from Amazon and selected the Free Shipping option)...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
Test Subject
#53 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:25 AM
I am noticing a weird glitch after the recent patch and wondering if you guys might be able enlighten me. Suddenly I am noticing that none of my installed sims3packs are showing in the launcher as installed, despite the fact that they are actually installed in the game (I loaded the game up and tested to make sure everything was there). This includes Sims3Packs of items actually purchased from the store, as well as sims3packs created by CC creators. Now, this isn't a huge problem in that at least the items still show/work in game, but it does make uninstalling that particular piece of CC a bit difficult (which will need to be done to clear out any CC that has been broken as a result of the patch). Has anyone else experienced this with the new patch?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#54 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:04 AM
If you're having problems with stuff other than CC objects in-game...

It's still possible there are other bugs with the expansion. However, this thread is not the place for them. Please first go through this FAQ: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki - each and every step, in order, and don't skip anything. If you still have problems, there's a link at the top of that FAQ (in the little navigation bar) to the Game Help Q&A Forums where you can post about your problem. Please do not clutter up this thread with stuff about other unrelated issues - this thread is JUST about EA borking CC with the new _RIG format, and the only problems that will be related to this are things that have interactions of some sort in-game.
Alchemist
#55 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 3:39 PM
It is no wonder things got discombobulated. For Pets, EA hired a company who in turn hired a bunch of artists and programmers for the duration of the contract (which wound up a few weeks ago) to get Pets created. I guess if you can't milk the cow fast enough, you can hire someone else to do it, especially if you don't care whether the cow gets sore teats.

Learned about this from one of the now-former employees.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:00 PM
I'm spooked now. Have Pets sat by my computer but I'm too darn terrified to install. THEY'LL NEVER TAKE MY CC ALIVE!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:15 PM
I have been doing some testing on existing CC and it seems that the big issues are borked animations. The CC beds and sofas I tested were visible in game with the new patch but animations were badly off, sims sinking into the furniture, things like that. On the bed the sheets animation was totally broken - when they enter or exit the bed the sim sort of jerks about on an axis. The car I tested seemed fine (was my mini) - probably because there are few if any animations in cars- but I am not a great tester. I have base game patched to latest patch, no EPs. I have no idea what would happen with a game with Pets installed. I did get to test a custom bed Inge made and that animated fine, so it looks as if it will work using Inge's fix in a PATCHED game - I have no idea how it will be with the Pets EP installed.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#58 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:25 PM
Lee, that bed was cloned from after the patch. It wasn't an old bed "fixed". I just asked you to test it to compare with OM's findings that it didn't appear in her game, to make sure it wasn't due to a fault in my clone. So I am afraid that bed doesn't demonstrate the fix works in general.

However, it has been independently tested by others and found to work.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:28 PM
Sorry if it was unclear Inge - I am just trying to tell people what the effects of using old unfixed CC in a patched game seems to be so far ( the anims are ruined) and offer a ray of hope with the bed you showed me. But it was a NEW clone. Arg.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#60 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:36 PM
does this affect things like paintings or wall hangings? or wall paper? i just made some and hope its not affected by this T_T
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:48 PM
I was reading the My Sims 3 Blog thread advertising the new patch (that's how I found out about this EFFING MESS--THANKS a bunch, effin EA ) and someone there said that the reason why the animations are all BORKED TO HELL now is because of the effin PETS--Pets are going to use new animation/interactions with ALL surfaces--climbing on sofas and counters and whatnot, and that EA had to change every surface in order to accomodate some useless pooch making a piss mess on your upholstery.

Wonderful.

I don't even WANT Pets, and yet EA has yet again SUCKessfully found a way to ruin everyone's simming experience, whether they waste money on EA's nonsense or not--way to go!

Unless Delpy can find a godsent quick fix like the miraculous Dashboard, it's gonna be a b!tch fixing almost 2+ years worth of slot CC. When WA came out, CC was still getting off the ground and that bug was pretty much nipped in the bud rather quickly, but this is a whole new monster we're dealing with now. I'm a lazy effin wench, and even though I never created a bed or sofa I DID create an end table or two, and even I don't have the heart to go back and fix them--what the eff's gonna happen to all the poor MEGA creators like Vita and Luna who have done TONS of sets, who will now have to go back and do it all over again!? And really, some are gonna inevitably fall through the cracks on this one, the same way you can every now and then still find a buggy blue lot creation by someone who didn't update their stuff/fix it with help from the Dashboard--there are gonna be some creators who never update their stuff, and it's unfair of EA to expect us to go in and volunteer to fix unsupported CC we come across, just cuz their goofy behinds did a 180 on the whole creations process. This sucks, EA--you don't care about your community at all--it's the CC creators that keep the game lush and interesting, numbnuts! What's the ratio of downloaders versus vanilla players, really? Come on, EA, CC are the nuts and bolts of the whole operation, and there they go breaking it.

I'm just pissed off because it's so DELICIOUS how EA KNEW Pets was gonna break Slot CC to heck and back probably ages ago, and didn't say a PEEP--but they surrepticiously went ahead and silently fixed all of their Slot CC, and released that obscure Store Patch (that I never got, as far as I can tell) so that all the STORE stuff works, but no one else's--just a brilliant way of sneaking in from behind and kicking the competition in the groin. >_< They did it on purpose, probably hoping that with all the CC stuff all over the effin community now debunked until we get them all fixed that people would have a No Confidence reaction to CC and stick to the Store for downloads, as all of their stuff works (haw haw, how convenient ), thus feeding EA's coffers and keeping the flesh eating giant as the king of the castle.

Well met, Electronic Arts. Well met.
Bastards.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 4:52 PM
I hope this isnt going to affect my 2 story painting mega set -_-
Alchemist
#63 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I'm just pissed off because it's so DELICIOUS how EA KNEW Pets was gonna break Slot CC to heck and back probably ages ago, and didn't say a PEEP--but they surrepticiously went ahead and silently fixed all of their Slot CC, and released that obscure Store Patch (that I never got, as far as I can tell) so that all the STORE stuff works, but no one else's--...

That's what really annoys me about this, too. Yes, true, EA doesn't support CC...and this is their game, and if they want to make changes then it is up to them to do so...I don't think they are trying to phase out the CC that they do not themselves create. But if they were aware this was going to happen, why the hell did they not release a notice about it a month or even a few days before releasing the new patch to at LEAST give modders a head start on fixing it, and to at least make their customers aware? Or, if they can't find the damn time to do that, why not stick a WARNING in the patch notes: "This will break all your custom content if you install it. Just a little FYI. "

This company never ceases to amaze me.
Inventor
#64 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:02 PM
It took all day, I had to create a new profile with no custom content, I had to reload my store content, world maps and saves. I had to play a test copy. but umm no dep.... NO DEP.

At least untill I load the expansion.

I'm patched. Treeag's book is still functional for my needs and purplepaws carpet and paper work. I am a happy simcamper.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Scholar
#65 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:14 PM
Have tried Inge's fix ( Thank you so much, Inge)....But I am a dummy and probably missed one or several steps...Don't know if its the right place to ask for help.
1) I tried to fix "Camille - Alexis Neo Classic Round End Table" in order to have a lamp on it.
2) Cloned it -easily- with S3OC...And carefully took note oh the RIG.
3) Opened the broken package with SimPE and followed the steps in the grid...The number I was looking for was exactly the same as the RIG.Well,didn't see what to edit and just clicked "Commit", then saved the package and sent it to the "Mods" folder, after uninstalling the broken Sims3pack.
4) Unfortunately it didn't work,lamps keep staying under the table.
Of course you can make fun of ...whatever you want, but,please, be pityful and give me a hint!

Thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:28 PM
EA don't really give a darn about their customers. It's about the money. Their customer service reflects this. A really good game made by a truly crappy company. I am DREADING having to go round and find updates for every tiny bit of CC. Hope somebody can find a cheeky repair.
#67 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mehrlicht
3) Opened the broken package with SimPE and followed the steps in the grid...The number I was looking for was exactly the same as the RIG.Well,didn't see what to edit and just clicked "Commit", then saved the package and sent it to the "Mods" folder, after uninstalling the broken Sims3pack.

I don't totally understand what you're saying here, but obviously if you didn't edit anything, nothing will have changed and your broken cc will still be broken. If you can explain your predicament in more detail perhaps I can help you work out why you were unable to edit

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:54 PM
I know EA is really the target of the anger here and it would have be good customer relations if they could have come up with a patch for all custome content from every creator that ever created something in whatever way if that was even possible. I'm just glad we have some geniuses that come up with fixes for the programs we do work with. I don't think one company can actually come up with a fix for another company when they don't know how they made it the first place. I think Sims is one of the greatest most innovative and creative programs out there. It would be nice and maybe to idealistic to hope everyone could work together. But I'lll go for one fix at time. Go MTS!!! Go Inge, Go Delphy Rah Rah Rah
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:58 PM
I installed Pets with all the expansions and a few of the CC just to see if there were any changes. Well, the slot issue is still there..
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:04 PM
I THOUGHT I had a backup of my game when I installed the patch yesterday....Apparently, I was wrong. If I uninstall everything, and reinstall, it's all good right? I mean, I could reinstall, and NOT update my game with the latest patch...I could manually, incrementally patch up to that point, or no? Also, Has installing the patch literally "broken" our CC, or is it just that it won't work with the new patch? In other words, my Downloads and Mods folders, nothing from the patch has "changed" them and broken them so that let's say I'd done a clean uninstall and reinstall...MINUS the latest patch, the items in my DLs and Mods folders would still work....no coding has been altered?

I also thought I'd check in to see if, in the light of day, we all still have HOPE that this mess can be fixed (not one at a time, lol)? I've had a faltering moment in my faith, and am thinking of somehow killing myself with my game disk ;-) . I just don't know how I'd ever play the game without my CC. Now that I know what playing WITH it is like, playing withOUT it just isn't the same.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#71 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:08 PM
Mehrlicht, you cloned the wrong thing. You need to clone the EA item that the CC item was cloned from - as per my instructions on page 1.

Aharikido, your mods will still work if you uninstall/reinstall without patching fully. Your saves may not, though.

Inge, do you have any files that you have confirmed broken that you could point me at? I need to test my tutorial, and it turns out that the item I "fixed" while writing it actually already worked in a patched game...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#72 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:18 PM
A big Thank you, Inge and Whiterider, you are my heroes ! Whiterider, I didn't right understand what to do with your tute (have printed both, yours and Inge's guide, but still was lost. Now I'll give it a new try.
Test Subject
#73 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:22 PM
Thank you so much whiterider ...oh, and one more thing. It was my understanding that this patch simply screwed up the animations for our CC......but they are able to be placed. So, if I wanted to put down a room for display, or I wanted to use it but didn't care about the animations (just a hypothetical), I could still put down a table, for example, with a lamp on top?...or won't our CC even work with OUR CC because of that slot issue?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:45 PM
Thanks to all the creators who are working diligently to find a viable solution to this problem.

I have limited knowledge of the Sims3 objects and of programming, but I'm going to toss out a few theoretical program ideas to see if they might have some substance.

Would it be possible to create a program that automatically searches your custom content, finds the original pre-patch problem files, finds the new OBJ files from the index of installed files used to clone the pre-patch item, then replaces the old one with the new one? Much like the S3OC finds all the items in your game, this program would search a specified folder (your mods folder) for your CC items, then match old file to new file (from s3oc) and replace.

I'm not sure how much of this can be automated, but I figure that the start of a batch program could lie in S3OC somehow.

Traits: Computer Whiz, Over-Emotional, Genius, Ambitious, Good
Favorites: Grilled Cheese, Indie, Violet
Sign: Cancer
#75 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:50 PM
Micke of TSR staff has got a batch fixer in testing. I think it might be released tomorrow if the testers are all happy by then.

Whiterider, try this one http://www.modthesims.info/d/429026

Page 3 of 19