Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 7:56 PM
Since I'm only a player and I know zip, zilch, nada about modding or fixing anything, I will patiently wait for you awesome and fabulously talented people to update existing CC before I patch my game. EA should hire you guys and pay you a gazillion amounts of money for fixing their inept mistakes.

Like some people here, I don't want Pets so I'm not in such a great hurry to patch... however, I was looking forward to getting collections. Ah well.

~~runs back to her corner of the room to play her existing game~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#77 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:09 PM
Mehrlicht, the first step in Inge's method is to "remember what you cloned the item from, and clone it". My info just shows you how to find out what the object was cloned from without having to "try to remember".

Aharikido, placement slots are broken too, so no, you can't put stuff on CC tables.

Thankyou, Inge.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:24 PM
Thank you guys so much for this thread, If it wasn't for Awesims, I would not have looked up what was wrong. I preordered pets and it should be there when I get home, but I won't install it until I have everything with slots out of my game (because in the last patch, my game wouldn't even patch because of bad CC and I had to reinstall the game and every ep/sp). Thank God that CAS stuff is still intact. Now I'll be waiting patiently for the CC to be updated because I have no clue how meshes and slots work. Thanks guys!

King of the Lab! Hodgens has nothing over me!
Scholar
#79 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:30 PM
Thank you,Thank you, Whiterider. You know what? It WORKED FINE. The "Camille round Table" was cloned from the "TableEndBrass", then it was easy to edit the -RIG.I can again have a lamp ON the table and its greatly appreciated. In my first try I had missed the real connection between Inge's tute and your instructions. With your help I have learnt a lot from this error. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#80 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:37 PM
Well then...........
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Micke of TSR staff has got a batch fixer in testing. I think it might be released tomorrow if the testers are all happy by then.

Whiterider, try this one http://www.modthesims.info/d/429026

I want to kiss Micke on the mouth!!!!!! ;-)
Theorist
#81 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Micke of TSR staff has got a batch fixer in testing. I think it might be released tomorrow if the testers are all happy by then. http://www.modthesims.info/d/429026

Thanks, I will sleep better now

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:19 PM
as of now i dont have any sim games on my computer, but i downloaded a bunch of cc today. when i get my game tomorrow i obviously want to put stuff in it...should i just stick to clothing and hair for now? and what exactly is "slots"?
Mad Poster
#83 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:29 PM
Clothing and hair should be safe as they don't make use of slots.

Slots are basically spaces on objects where smaller objects are allowed to be placed. Tables usually have 1 slot for each table place so that plates can be put there and then one or two for decorative objects.
They also tell the game where Sims are allowed to "connect" with objects such as where to sit in a chair.

At least, that is my understanding of them.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#84 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:36 PM
Slots are the part of the object mesh that allow you to place objects on tables, tubs, sinks etc and that allow Sims to sit, sleep or otherwise interact with objects. CC objects that require a slot for placement such as, deco, lamps, small appliances, and electronics, and objects that have slots (e.g. beds, tables, desks, chairs, sofas, toilets, sinks, tubs, counters) and anything Sims can interact with ( fridges, stoves, doors windows and dressers) and custom animations are broken.

Theoretically though I have not had a chance to test due to a reinstall, custom paintings, patterns, walls and floors, hair, makeup, accessories, clothing, skintones, sliders, defaults and mods that have been updated for Pets/Latest Patch already will be fine. If they are not working it is either because they need to be updated for the latest patch or due to other glitches that aren't Pets related. Others who currently have Pets or who have been in game might be able to give you a better idea of what is currently working and what isn't. MS3B has stickied a post at My Sims 3 Blog so people can list what is currently working and what isn't.
Test Subject
#85 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 10:59 PM
Has anyone had any problems with mods? Most of my custom content is in CAS and mods, and I was planning to take out what little object mods I do have, and just play in the new town for the time being.

I have not installed Pets yet, and I was about to when I realized that the game would not stop updating. I updated through the beginning of the Pets installation, not the launcher. When I go to check on the updates through the launcher it says my game is up to date. I have tried to install a few times and it's the same problem every time. I was searching to see if anyone else was having this problem and that's how I found out about all the CC problems.

I am about to check and see if I have the slot problem even though it never showed the updating was finished. Has anyone else had any problems installing?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#86 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 11:25 PM Last edited by whiterider : 18th Oct 2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Really, truly, deeply going to kill autolinks.
Pending a public release of a batch fixer, we now have a tutorial on manually fixing affected objects (it's not really long and complicated, it just has loads of pictures), here.
(Shameless copypasta ftw)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:24 AM
Well I don't feel so bad I'm too broke to buy it (new apartment). Im sure by next month it will be sorted, the modders are a clever bunch.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:51 AM
Default They are not working either
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Clothing and hair should be safe as they don't make use of slots.

Slots are basically spaces on objects where smaller objects are allowed to be placed. Tables usually have 1 slot for each table place so that plates can be put there and then one or two for decorative objects.
They also tell the game where Sims are allowed to "connect" with objects such as where to sit in a chair.

At least, that is my understanding of them.

Some of the CC hair and clothes in CAS are not working also. I have spent the day testing out all my CC to see what still works and what needs fixing. The people at EA need a fix that's for sure! I also beleive that the sliders are also out of bounds for saved Sims. One of my muscular sims looked like he was on steroids The game also crashed while in CAS trying to use CC Sims.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:34 AM
Anyone using Grant's Custom Launcher? I was wondering if the package files created by it still work with the latest patch or not? All of my CAS cc comes in package form and it'd be a major loss if the program didn't work with the patch. I have way to many things piled into it.
Alchemist
#90 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Strawberry Kiwi
Anyone using Grant's Custom Launcher? I was wondering if the package files created by it still work with the latest patch or not? All of my CAS cc comes in package form and it'd be a major loss if the program didn't work with the patch. I have way to many things piled into it.

I was wondering the same. I asked on his support forum. I don't actually use his launcher, but I plan to. I don't want to start uploading my CC into it before I know. No reply as of yet...
Eminence Grise
#91 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 2:23 AM
There's no reason Grant's launcher should work any differently with the patch. The patch screwed up the CC, but didn't do anything to the CC framework

I've been using v2 beta launcher with both the patch pre-pets and Pets, and it's fine (and a handy way to disable all that CC that is likely to be borked ). Think the same should be true for v1.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 2:41 AM
thanks for the replys. so maybe i can always just not install the patch...how necessary is the patch?
Field Researcher
#93 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 2:44 AM
The evil patch wouldn't install for me when it came out maybe it was a sign lol
Test Subject
#94 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:27 AM
Thanks for the manual guide. It was really easy to follow and I can confirm that I have Pets and the new patch installed and all animations worked for a single custom bed that I tried the process on as a user, not a custom content maker. Quite handy!
Test Subject
#95 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:03 AM
Okay, so I read through the instructions on how to fix our CC, but I'm not at all sure how to convert my Sims3packs into the pkg.files that're necessary to do this. I've Googled the question of how to do it, but I'm seeing nothing but conflicting pieces of information. There are several video-how-to's on YouTube, but the comments below them suggest that the methods given are not accurate and that it's not as easy as was seen, to convert the files. Mainly, those comments are geared towards whether or not you do this simply by doing a "Save As" with the DCB biles. Not that even THAT is easy, at least for me...I mean, how the hell do you figure out what all that crap is, in order to rename it?

Oh, and what happens with DL'd houses or lots in Sims3pack form? Do you have to go in and then fix every borked item within that house or lot, or rather do you just fix one big file?

I also wanted to say thank you for the help I've received here, and for all of you out there trying to make a good way to fix this borked CC mess. I know I am one of a HUGE population of people out there that appreciate the hell out of you...seriously. :-) So, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:24 AM
first off - i love you guys. truly! i would have stopped playing probably soon as Maxis was sold, you have made my hobby actually fun. secondly SO glad i come here everyday. i was about to install and would have been just crushed! i am also not a creator, i thank you guys so much and do hope you can get this fixed out. i fussed at EA via tweet earlier...but i gave up on them years ago.

um...so pretty much this is just a thank you post (sending encouragement and virtual cupcakes ur way!)

Stewie (after tripping Peter): Ha ha ha, oh my God! I almost didn't do it, I almost didn't do it! I thought, is this in bad taste? But you know what, I went for it. I went for it and I'm so glad I did! Ooooh, worth it, totally worth it.
Test Subject
#97 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:27 AM
Look up Delphy's MultiPack Installer to help convert any simspack to a .package file. That's what I had to download. It is a really simple and easy program to run and can convert multiple simspacks at a time!
Test Subject
#98 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:38 AM
Default Thanks so much!!! :D
As my title says, lol, THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I can't believe I'm actually learning something through all of this! ...NOT that I'm thrilled to have to do it in the first place though ;-)

You guys are da bomb. ♥
Test Subject
#99 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:40 AM
I hope this issue is solved soon! Without CC my game is so boring. Thanks to everyone who is trying to fix this issue!
Forum Resident
#100 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jay-min
i would have stopped playing probably soon as Maxis was sold, )

Just to let you know, Maxis was sold before The Sims 1 even came out.
Page 4 of 19