Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2014 at 11:50 AM
Default Creating shadows
Is it necessary for objects to have ground and wall shadows before they can be uploaded to MTS? I have no idea how to create shadows to match what I'm making. I tried to follow a tutorial once, but it was very confusing (or I'm not too bright!).

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2014 at 12:56 PM
The Creator Guidelines do say "Proper shadows: Objects should have the same number of shadows as the corresponding EA object. Particular attention should be paid to the shadow shape actually matching the object".

Personally? I'd rather see no shadow than a shadow that doesn't match the object and would be likely to overlook the lack of a shadow. That said, which tutorial did you try to follow? If it was the one here, it can be a bit confusing. Yuxi did one here: http://esperesa.dreamwidth.org/64063.html that looks like it might be a bit easier to follow.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:09 PM
I'll have a look at that one, thanks.

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.