Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:27 AM
Default Texture Distortion on Shoes
Hello MTS

I convinced a friend of mine to make some shoes for me, but it's not going well so far Long story short, we got into a fight and she got frustrated and gave up so now I have to do it -_-

I think she used 3ds Max to create the shoe itself, and then edited it in Milkshape to work with the Sims. But the texture looks weird. I'm not big into creating for the Sims 3 like I did for the Sims 2, but I know a thing or two.

Here's the picture we took from inside TSRW...

Also, it looks perfectly fine in Milkshape. So I guess the game can't render the mesh or something, I don't really know. But to me it looks as though TSRW is rendering the UV twice instead of just once, like stacking a distorted weird version atop the normal one.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:52 AM
If I had to guess I would say check the UV map. Does the texture look fine? Maybe there's two meshes in there that weren't properly mapped out?
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:10 PM
Yup, prolly a uvmap issue but if the mesh displays correct in Milkshape(with the texture applied) the uvmap might get messed up on export.
Can you upload mesh and texture?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Henry Jo : 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:26 PM.
Sure, I can do that.

On a side note, I noticed the UV map looked different in Milkshape than it did in Max. Like there was a stretch of coordinates we didn't notice before. It looked weird.

Here are the shoes (in Milkshape). I also have the .wso file. I even put the Max scene file.

EDIT

As I suspected it was a Max issue. Turns out, when I exported it from Max it somehow got corrupt.

When I exported it from Max sucessfully, I only have two options checked:

1.) Flip Axis (poser-like)
2.) Keep Texture Coordinates

Thanks guys!