Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

ExtraReal graphics shader

by AGuyCalledPi Posted 18th Sep 2017 at 3:28 PM - Updated 19th Sep 2017 at 3:47 PM by GrijzePilion : Fixed an issue where assets would fail to load under certain circumstances

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I'm not seeing any effect at all. Are you sure it's working? Your screenshot does not look like the shader is doing anything at all. Your game looks entirely shader-free to me. I also looked for your chapters but could not find them anywhere.

EDIT: I just realized what must've gone wrong. You still have Edge Smoothing enabled.

Sheesh! I'm such a newbie at this! Maybe the pics were just better as I'm on my laptop with a better graphics card... *going ingame humming to myself!*

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Freya5 : 28th Jul 2018 at 6:55 PM.
Not smiling and humming anymore... I turned edge smoothing off in the options, and my launching image freezed with the in game seeping through. I had to ctr+alt+del to quit. Cleaned all the cashes, and will try again...

Edit: So now it works in game, nice blur and all. Took about a hundred pictures for my story, and horror when I discovered the pictures aren't at all like in game! And even worse without edge smoothing enabled... Gah. Will have to do it all over again. Do I have to turn edge smoothing off all together? I also noticed that it was difficult to focus using the usual camera keys. Will have to check up how to take pictures in game...

Double-edit: Link to my blog is here: https://greywitches.wordpress.com/
There's a little striped box in the upper right corner, just click on it and you have a drop down menu unfolding... But the pics are just normal with lots of edge smoothing anyway...

Please follow The Grey Witches on my blog!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#103 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:18 PM
You have to turn off edge smoothing entirely @Freya5, and the game's camera can't see the extra effects. I recommend taking your screenshots with Fraps because they're much higher quality anyway, Fraps doesn't compress screenshots. Don't worry, it's a free tool.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#104 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:51 PM
My game crashes before it even starts up when I have this in game I wanted to revisit the Sims 3 since I upgraded my computer and enhance it with Reshade. Am I missing some kind of software requirement? My GPU is the GTX 1080 Ti so it should be able to run..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#105 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:30 AM
Should be able to run it yeah, and quite easily as well. I wish I knew why it's crashing your game, but I'm afraid I don't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#106 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 10:01 AM
Why am I just seeing this now? lol I didn't know that you uploaded this! Thank you so much! I read those thread you were in talking about this.

Thank you thank you!
Field Researcher
#107 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 10:37 AM
Is this compatible with anime-boom's Better Shadows mod? http://anime-boom-v.tumblr.com/post...s-in-the-sims-3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#108 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 2:13 PM
Fully. I use both and it looks great.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#109 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 7:58 PM
This is a great mod/shader and makes the game look beautiful. However is there a way to manually edit the intensity of the shader, like the bokeh/glow? Sorry if this is a dumb question!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#110 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 8:16 PM
You can manually edit it through Reshade, yes, (see install instructions), but it can be quite difficult to figure out.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#111 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 9:27 PM
Is Radeon 520 going to work with this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 12th Nov 2018 at 10:53 PM
I have a Radeon R5 Card-
Which- Isn't the BEST-
But I'm worried IF- This WOULD Work or not- I even get problems with certain shadow Settings..
I could Try! If You need someone with a Lower-end Computer too!
Test Subject
#113 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 8:24 AM
Default Issue With Installing
Hello there!

I found your graphics mods for the sims 3 and would love to use it!
Unfortunately like a few other unlucky souls my game does not load past the launcher.

The computer I am using has a Radeon Rx 570 graphics card which seems more than capable of handling the High and Medium versions.
I tired both ... put the three files into the proper place ... C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin but no luck.

The base game was installed by cd along with Late Night. The other expansion packs are downloaded from Origin and that is how I play the game currently, through Origin.
I put the files in both Bin folders of The Sims 3 folder and Sims 3 Late Night but got the same results. The game is up to date ... version 1.69.

Now before the game crashes--I click the play button-- then this black screen shows up for a few seconds and it says along the lines of
Visit http:reshade.com for updates blah blah
Compiling Effects ...

Then the screen goes back to the desktop ... I can't get any further than that.

A log was created for the d3d9.dll ... I won't post the whole thing but this is the end
03/12/2018 00:01:04:696 [11544] | WARN | > Multisampling is enabled. This is not compatible with depthbuffer access, which was therefore disabled.
03/12/2018 00:01:05:224 [11544] | INFO | Starting input capture for window 00260696 ...
03/12/2018 00:01:05:228 [11544] | INFO | Recreated runtime environment on runtime 056BE5B8.
03/12/2018 00:01:05:789 [11544] | INFO | Redirecting 'RegisterClassA(0019E458)' ...
03/12/2018 00:01:05:789 [11544] | INFO | > Adding 'CS_OWNDC' window class style flag to 'EAClipboardClass'.
03/12/2018 00:01:07:718 [11544] | INFO | Loading effect from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\ReShade.fx" ...

I don't know if that helps identify the issue ... its seems like something might not be connecting in the background or something.
Any ideas?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#114 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 9:06 PM
Well I don't know why it's breaking your game but what I can immediately recommend is turning anti-aliasing off in your game. The shader is not compatible with the game's built-in anti-aliasing but adds its own anti-aliasing to compensate.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#115 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 12:46 AM
I do believe there is a problem with steam accounts. This file crashed my game when placed into the Sims 3 folder within the Steam application.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:28 AM
I have an Nvidia RTX 2070-
I Noticed I had abit of a problem With Water- On sims 3- New Card- New Everything, NEw PC- I Noticed Some things didn't laod the same with this Graphics card- Then my other PCS..
I know compatibility Might Not be- Right-
And I'm UBER- Confused w/ My graphics!
Test Subject
#117 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 6:18 AM
I downloaded the file linked in the "Files" tab, but when I unzip the file, it is not 1 file. There is no ".package" or ".sims3pack" file; it is a folder with multiple files.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#118 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 1:50 PM
Read the install instructions; it's not a package or sims3pack and it's not meant to be installed in My Documents.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#119 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 12:20 PM
nice)))))
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 10:16 PM
word so do I need reshade?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#121 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 10:42 AM
No, this IS Reshade.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#122 Old 6th May 2019 at 11:31 AM
My game keeps crashing before it even begins to load with this installed. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#123 Old 7th May 2019 at 12:24 AM
Afraid not. I'd need to know how you installed it, and what kind of graphics hardware you're running.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#124 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:17 AM
This shader looks great in my game... for about five minutes. Then it seems to glitch out with the DOF. i get a square in the top left corner that is blurry, and when i hover my mouse over it it becomes focused and the rest of the game becomes blurry. Is there any way to fix this? I am certain i have installed everything correctly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#125 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:18 PM
Funny that you should say that, because I'd been having terrible issues with that until a few days ago. It's a bit inconvenient but what you need to do is set the Reflection Quality setting to its lowest. Apparently the shader's depth buffer is confused by the general existance of mirrors.

insert signature here
Page 5 of 6