Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 6:07 PM
Default Probably very basic Milkshape question - point selecting
Hi,

This is probably a very basic question, but I cannot for the life of me work it out in Milkshape. In a case where multiple vertex points meet, or in a case where two points are welded together, how do you select just one of those points? (I realise in the case of the welded points you would need to unweld first) I assumed you would just click select then move that point to get at the points below, but it's not working, what am I doing wrong? Surely this is possible?

As I'm sure you can guess I'm new to Milkshape, so I'd appreciate your help
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 8:53 PM
You could use Extended Manual edit for that, and add 10000 or so to one of the vertices, so it sticks out. Then you can grab the single vertex and move it.

ExtendedManualEdit is extended version of classic MilkShape's Manual Edit. Milkshape Plugins from Demon432
ExtendedManualEdit_v106c.rar
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=139859
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:11 AM
Thank you Cocomama, that was just what I was after
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:46 AM
You also could select the nearest face instead of the vertice and pull it out a little.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 1:05 AM
good tip, that never occurred to me, thank you
Inventor
#6 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 8:22 AM
Thanks Base1980, great tip didn't think of that!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 8:40 AM
You can also hide the faces on one side of the seam by using face select with "by vertex" checked - it can be a bit tedious but you can hide all the stuff around what you're wanting to select.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You can also hide the faces on one side of the seam by using face select with "by vertex" checked - it can be a bit tedious but you can hide all the stuff around what you're wanting to select.

yup, and its prolly the quickest way
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:37 PM
Thank you all, it's amazing how much these little things can slow you down and I appreciate being able to ask the questions here, no doubt there will be more to come!