Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 8:31 PM
Default customization
In my opinion, the customization possibilities are greatest in this very expansion pack. I mean, with the modding, you could create an entirely new vacation world, new tombs, new opportunities, etc. I'd say it's the most room for creation from modding/editing community. And the pack itself is pretty great, Generations sucked far more.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wyctorya
In my opinion, the customization possibilities are greatest in this very expansion pack. I mean, with the modding, you could create an entirely new vacation world, new tombs, new opportunities, etc. I'd say it's the most room for creation from modding/editing community. And the pack itself is pretty great, Generations sucked far more.

Yes, it's nice to have 3 new worlds, but how many traps can you disarm before it gets really repetitive and tiresome? And then you want your sims to have some sort of vacation and there are no vacation activities apart from sightseeing and local cuisine (that looks like slimy cafeteria food). I don't hate this EP, but I'm also not buying into it being considered a vacation EP like BV because it's not.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:37 AM
I love WA, most of my sims travel at some point, they dont need to tomb raid if you dont want them to, travel can be really useful for building skills too, stick skill books in their bumbag thing and off we go. The only thing I dislike is the visa requirement to buy a vacation home (I dont like cheating in Sims 3 I did it too much in Sims 2 and it got boring) my sim is a millionaire and I am trying to rid the family of some money but no vacation home for them unfortunately and I cant be bothered building the visa level up in all three locales.

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!
Inventor
#29 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 7:04 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 1st Dec 2011 at 7:11 AM. Reason: I accidentally a word... or two.
I actually just uninstalled WA because I never friggin' play it. The exploration was fun the first time I played, and then meh afterwards. I only kept it so long for the objects, but even those lost their luster once I realized I was basically bloating my computer with an expansion that I never use. Sad really; I was so excited for it when it came out.

In other words, I don't think it's the worst EP; but it is certainly my least used.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 9:41 PM
I actually Love playing World Adventures, it think its a nice way to spice up the gameplay, as for the best i think Late Night is the best. Worst..well...i dont think i have one i dont like
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 5:06 AM
I like it.. alot actually. I'm using it for the start of a legacy backstory I'm working on. Some of the little things are nice. I like that they added new food recipes, new gardening plants and added in making nectar. The songs, while glitchy but it could just be me, are nice, I like that you can teach them to other sims, it adds such a nice little feature. World traveler grandma teaching her kids the songs she learnt while abroad back in her hey day.

I dont mind that the tombs dont reset at all, I understand why people dont like that though. I dont have a best or worst game so far. I dont have pets yet so its hard for me to say. I think if I had to pick my favorite I would probably say its a toss up between WA and LN.. Ambitions is certainly not the worst but I dont seem to get into very much at all I've used very little of its features.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Forum Resident
#32 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 11:24 AM
For some things I find it okay -- I like giving some sims the ability to make nectar or learn martial arts (although I've yet to get a full fireworks show, must rectify that at some point). However, the tombs can be a bit tedious, and about the only time I've gone through them is to get higher visa levels to buy things (although I am just about to put all the tombs in my lot catalogue so I can reset them after a sim of mine has gone through them).

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Scholar
#33 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 7:47 PM
This is one of my favorites......

And with all the extras from other expansion packs....you can make a pretty nice travel destination...
i have a boardwalk type lot in france...even...

and since i use twallans relativity mod....3 days is not a bother anymore...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 7:55 PM
I love WA, my only real complaint is that the tombs don't reset...
Scholar
#35 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
I hear a lot of people say that WA is the worst EP for TS3

No, that would be Generations...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 12:54 PM
I wouldn't say its the worst but its certainly one of my least favorites. I like a few things about it namely new recipes, skills (martial arts).

But I dislike greatly a couple of things

1. Tombs do not reset - or lose appeal after 1st play attempt (They don't randomize to keep it fresh like Diablo)

2. Lack of intergration of with base game. Martial arts is cool, but aside from that its only good for fighting mummies. I would have expect it to add something to Law Enforcement and Military careers. Or improve odds of fighting against a burglar.

3. Too much questing and less fun things for Sims to do on a vacation.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 3:04 PM
WA is actually my second favorite EP (1st is, of couse, PETS). I've spent lots of time playing it. I still do now. I've completed all tombs except one (btw, LOVE the tomb raiding), and I'm now simply enjoying the vacation there. The worlds are all beautiful, and the music are amazing

The worst EP is definitely Generation. I seldom play professions in Ambitions either.
Alchemist
#38 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 6:17 PM
It's the only expansion I didn't buy and I think I made the right decision
Instructor
#39 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 7:50 AM
^
Although it's the worst EP, but it still worthy to buy it.......completing all The Sims 3 collection.

After seeing Late Night and Showtime case, which is Showtime suppose to be Late Night part 2. I wonder if EA did the same thing with World Adventure, which is probably EA will release another vacation pack featured hotel and family vacation that lack in World Adventure.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM
I think it has it's flaws, but it definitely has at least a few pros.
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 9:13 PM
Definitely the worst EP, but it's not too bad in its own right. Adding vacation destinations is a pretty interesting feature if done right. The option's always there if you're in for a change of pace :P
transmogrified
retired moderator
#42 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 9:56 PM
I laugh whenever this floats to the top of the current discussion topics because WA was the last time I enjoyed playing TS3. (Which in itself would indicate that actual TS3 fans might not like this EP.) My memories of playing WA over the Christmas holiday two years ago are so warm and fuzzy that I am considering breaking out TS3 again this Christmas.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I laugh whenever this floats to the top of the current discussion topics because WA was the last time I enjoyed playing TS3. (Which in itself would indicate that actual TS3 fans might not like this EP.) My memories of playing WA over the Christmas holiday two years ago are so warm and fuzzy that I am considering breaking out TS3 again this Christmas.

Yes, it's the one EP that I liked everything - the tombs, the travel, the worlds, the objects and patterns, plants and animals.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:10 PM
I consider it the worst EP because, even though I really liked it at first, coming back from being on an adventure has ruined my neighborhood way too many times. It's been ages since I've tried going on an adventure to see if that'll still happen and I know there's ways around it (2 different saves just in case, for example) but it's not fun enough to risk ruining my files. I do like a lot of the content that came with it, I just use mods and such so that I don't have to travel to obtain them (like unlocking the hidden traits so I can give my Asian sims the ability to eat with chopsticks). People here keep mentioning Generations bugs but I have not experienced nearly as many bugs in Generations as I did with WA. Actually I really like Generations because I find myself using a lot of the content that came with it in every household I make, which I can't say is true for every EP. To each their own xD
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo31
I hear a lot of people say that WA is the worst EP for TS3, but I was just wondering why? I think it seems pretty cool being in a whole open exotic world and going on adventures...

For me, it is probably due to the buggy nature of it. I have restarted my Sims three times, each time was after spending some time in WA. I cannot prove it but I just feel once I have done some thing in WA, eventually my game gets corrupted.
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 10:34 AM
I don't really mind it, but for me it is not a MUST have. I would not travel abroad that often either so.. :/
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 5:26 AM
I have all the other EP's (including Pets) but WA and Generations. I skipped them mainly because of all the bugs I heard about on these forums. I have WA but have not loaded it yet and I was planning on buying Generations soon. I guess my question is, am I still going to start having a glitchy game if I load one or both of those? or have some of the bugs been ironed out now that Pets is here.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 8:07 AM
I actually like Generations, it's about time there's attention tours children. And I could careless about WA, I rarely travel because it's boring. Tombs are repetitive and annoying. The whole EP, was a waste.
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 5:10 AM
agrreed! they could've changed it to something else xD
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 10:13 PM
I just wish it didn't crash out as much...that really makes the playability drop...fast!
Page 2 of 3