Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 8:50 PM
Default Simfest aren't happening in other towns
I placed performance park & all the venues from the library in Lunar Lakes, Twinbrook and Bridgeport, and no simfest ever spawned. I saw the propriters and a few townies but no one would use the stage.

In Starlight Shores, there's always a Simfest, twice a week.

This is a bug? Or Starlight Shores has a new type of world? (like Bridgeport is a city, and the rest are towns)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:30 PM
I have simfests all the time in my custom town. It is a small town without any special designation. I played it before Showtime and then just added the park and a show venue. Simfests occur at both of those places. Did you actually place a stage?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 9:52 PM
I have simsfests in sunset valley all the time too.
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 10:44 PM
Forget the stages for a second. Does your custom world have any *performers*?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 11:24 PM
I have simfests...in my LL...BB...and HS...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Forget the stages for a second. Does your custom world have any *performers*?

I moved 5 families of performers from Starlight Shores to the other worlds... And nothing happened. No Simfest!
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:29 AM
To answer your question, no SS is not a special kind of world... it is Suburban, like Sunset Valley.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 8:13 AM
I actually have the same problem, I'm playing in Jericho world. Every thursday a SimFest spawns and the performers are like me, watching an empty stage.
Instructor
#9 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:04 PM
It's another EA world but I actually saw a sim performing for tips in Lunar Lakes. I did not add any of the venues to my other worlds so I have no clue about the Simfest bug.
@Ekkii: does the stage looks like it's being used? I've had the "invisible performer" bug before. To fix it I go to Edit town, delete the stage then click undo. When i return tto th egame the venue is reset and will work properly from then on.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:24 PM
I don't think it is an invisible performer. I placed my stages before I had performers in my custom world. When I went to a Simfest to see what would happen, the crowd still materialized and they still cheered for invisible performers. I know they were really there as there were no performers in my world. So that is an EA bug...they watch the stage and cheer even when nothing is on the stage. It could be as Virgalbabe suggested...a bug related to the stage setup. I am going to try her idea! Thanks!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:25 PM
I'm playing Bridgeport and have yet to get Simfest to work.
Scholar
#12 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:19 PM
i have a theory on this...it may not pertain to you but someone reading this it might help....

do you all use mods....that control either population...or what sims get what jobs...or if the sims have jobs or can even get jobs...??

i only mention this.....because for simfest...the game gives some of those professions to npc sims so they can come and perform...
maybe the mod/mods your using are stopping this for some reason...yet simfest is still going on....

if that makes sense.....
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 7:25 PM
Could be, Jenie. I do use Twallan's mods and do control my population. Since I don't have new folks coming in very often, that probably keeps the game from assigning them to performer jobs. I have so far assigned four of my town's sims to be performers but only two of them are really far enough along to attend Simfests.
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 9:14 PM
@virgalibabe: The stage is used and actually one of the performers won the SimFest twice. But even if the 3 performers I have in town are presents for the SimFest no one goes on stage. Just for the end when the winner is selected, he/she goes to the stage to take the prize. I'm kind of confused, I don't play with the new careers. I didn't try to delete and undo. Maybe I should put a new stage from buydebug.

@jenieusa: I use most of the Twallan's mod and put a proprietor with the register. My game is set up to have less NPCs than normal, but the performers do have their jobs (assigned with the master controller) and they are promoted normally.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:53 PM
I stopped controlling the homeless in my Twallan's SP so I figured more performers may pop up and have an active Simfest. I haven't played any of the other worlds since I am trying to edit them right now for the Showtime venues, but this is what I did in SS. Hoped the same theory would apply in other worlds.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babasonicof
I placed performance park & all the venues from the library in Lunar Lakes, Twinbrook and Bridgeport, and no simfest ever spawned. I saw the propriters and a few townies but no one would use the stage.

In Starlight Shores, there's always a Simfest, twice a week.

This is a bug? Or Starlight Shores has a new type of world? (like Bridgeport is a city, and the rest are towns)

I've noticed that once I placed the venues in BP, I had to audition at the park before the simfests starting happening. Maybe this could help you, that is if you haven't found another solution yet.