Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 8:55 AM
Default Unavailable threads showing in New Posts results
After doing "New Posts" search I clicked on a thread which I presume has been deleted. Took me to a page going on about policy violations and possible deprivation of my privileges etc etc. Now I know that's just what happens when you try to open a removed thread, but I think it could upset those who are less familiar and think they've been banned from somewhere.

Is it possible to make the New Posts search more sensitive so that threads marked as deleted, or those the user may no longer access, don't show up in it?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 8:59 AM
It should already do that. Any thread that you aren't allowed to view wont show up. Which thread in particular where you trying to get to?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 9:50 AM
Well I had been following the meltdown in the MC thread (you know how I love my popcorn) and the new posts search showed new posts in it since I went to bed last night. Now I had expected an imminent thread removal so it was no surprise when I clicked on it and got that page, but just wondered if there was a more elegant way of handling that situation.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
dodgy builder
#4 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:00 PM
What meltdown? Why do I always miss out on the drama going on?

Isn't there a difference between not being allowed and it just not being there? Like it's actually been removed. That isn't the same as not being allowed to see a thread, at least in my book.
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:04 PM
Well the page you get is generic - I reckon it pops up whenever you use a link to a thread it can't display for *any* reason. I think the threads are not actually purged but tagged as deleted. Perhaps the New Posts list just needs another condition statement that tests the deleted tag.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:19 PM
Inge, it already takes care of deleted threads in the initial query. And Global ignore. And people on your ignore list. And forums you have chosen to exclude from the list. And invisible threads. It does that already. :P

Here's the thing though - the actual MC Command Center download thread is not deleted. It is, however, tagged, and that's what the newposts didn't recognise.(Since newposts is not supposed to be used for downloads, but normal forum posts). Now, however, I've added this exception so it should ignore tagged threads, and it wont appear in the new posts list in the future.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 12:20 PM
Ok thanks