Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 2:45 PM
Default The Next-Gen Ace Combat: PS3
Now, it wasn't officially announced but some idiot at Gamespot managed to accidentally slip out about the next Ace Combat. What do you think of it? Do you think it'll have a longer/better storyline? I hope so, I hated the ACZ storyline. But what do YOU think?

I have a good suggestion: Goals. They make you a better pilot, like maneuvering wise. Like you'll have some goals such as "Shoot down 120 pilots" and when you do that, you can go faster, or "Protect your Wingmen" and if you do that, then you'll have a higher maneuverability. Somebody said something about having wingmen that actually get shot down, so you give a crap if they're in danger.

That's just some thoughts, how about you guys?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 4:48 PM
While I have no doubt the game is going to be utterly gorgeous, I'm afraid, since Ace Combat Zero, that's no longer enough.

Personally, I'd like Ace Combat to adopt similar mechanics as Over G Fighters, which demonstrated that it's possible to have a vaguely realistic combat flight simulation on a console.

So, here's what I'd like to see:

- Strict, strict limitations to armarment, based on real-life equipment (for example, an F-14D holds 6 air-to-air missiles, not 70).
- Actual dogfighting with missiles, not just tagging someone with a missile lock and firing two shots.
- Switching between various types of ordinance and radio scanning modes
- Fuel limitations (so we actually have a reason to refuel in mid air)
- Much more realistic handling
- System failures (such as landing gear, flaps, air brakes, targetting, ordinance)
- Useful wingmen (as in Over G Fighters)
- Useful control surfaces, as oppose to putting everything on the HUD
- And of course, the ability to bail out.

Just a few suggestions. Then, I might actually buy Ace Combat and a PS3 to go with it. Otherwise...I'll just keep hoping for a more impressive sequel to Over G Fighters.

And as much as I loved Ace Combat 5's storyline, Ace Combat Zero's was a bit of a letdown (though the return to live actors for FMV was...interesting).

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."