Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:04 PM
I hate that as well specially between friends and family. I don't have problems using it to strangers or paparazzi.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:59 PM
I just have my sims climb into the bed and close their eyes until the guests get the hint that 3AM is an inappropriate time to still be at someone's house. Sadly, it never works that way. My sim will likely fall asleep while the guests dig through the fridge or run up my sim's electricity bill just to read a childrens book
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM
I don't mind it, but there seriously should be a rude way of throwing someone out of the house.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 2:23 AM
I loved the goodbye option. Ask to leave.. how do you even politely ask someone to leave? I liked how the sims 2 had a nice and a rude way of dismissing a sim. But I usually end up using that option because I think it's weird and awkward to have someone stay until 2 or 3 am or however late they stay there while your sleeping.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 11:54 AM
I miss from TS2 being able to give certian goodbyes based on your realtionship. If you were friends you could say goodbye with (I think) a wave and or hug, if it was romantic you said goodbye with a kiss.
Alchemist
#32 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:11 PM
i feel like the odd one out here, but personally i dont really care if its polite or not. but then, my entire gameplay experience revolves around the fact that they arent real people and do not act like real people, so real manners arent necessary.

i mean, when you look at all the nonsensical, totally WTF things the sims do, it might make even less sense to add that touch of realism in among it all.
"ask to join on bed"--does anybody really do that? do any of you, when you have your lover with you, ask, " hey want to come cuddle with me on the bed right now? "
no! you pat the bed or they join you based on the visual clues alone. the sims arent real people in that if they see you looking coy on the bed, theyll immediately turn around to watch tv or play in the sprinkler. imagine if real people acted that way.

and how many of you, upon meeting a stranger for the first time who rings your doorbell, immediately grant them access to your entire house? sims do that. ive invented a new game around it, its called "ding dong doorbell death"--best played with an evil sim and ani_'s dexter bear. you cant have a job because nobody wants to hire a serial killer, so you get to use "kaching" every time you successfully murder another sim. -10 pts per witness, -100 pts per jail incident, you get the picture....
i cannot find any rhyme or reason for a sim to immediately invite a stranger into their home upon first meeting them. ever. ...well okay, unless its the repairsim, but you get the picture. sims do weirder things than just "ask to leave".

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#33 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
"ask to join on bed"--does anybody really do that? do any of you, when you have your lover with you, ask, " hey want to come cuddle with me on the bed right now? "

Not to get too personal, but both visual and verbal cues are used in my marriage.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:32 PM
"Ask to leave" and "Shoo" - I only wish it was that easy in real life

*sigh*

Go suck an elf...
Mad Poster
#35 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:59 PM
I don't mind the option for "asking to leave". Personally, if it's an ungodly hour and sims are still there, they are being rude to the host. Same as in real life. I have been known to say, " Aw yes, we are having a really good time and I love you all to death, but now it's time to go. I don't care where you go, but you have to get the F*** out of here. I am tired and need some sleep, see you all later." :D

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Nalia : 14th Jun 2011 at 3:59 AM. Reason: butter fingers, aka spelling
If you are visiting your parents or your siblings and you hear them saying "I think it's time to leave, don't you think?" it's really stupid. Game should have made it possible to differentiate between family members and simple friends/guests.
Theorist
#37 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 3:56 AM
I did a simple stubble edit which should replace "Ask to leave" with a simple "Goodbye" option. Testers would be appreciated!!

Personally I never noticed before but it does sound very rude.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Goodbye.rar (342 Bytes, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Hi I'm Paul!
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I did a simple stubble edit which should replace "Ask to leave" with a simple "Goodbye" option. Testers would be appreciated!!

Personally I never noticed before but it does sound very rude.
The only action I took was to place the package in my Mods/packages directory, and that didn't have any effect on the interaction -- it still offered me "Ask to Leave" from my home (and, as usual, "Goodbye" if we were outside.) So something's missing yet.

I had VJ Alvi come over around curfew time to help me test it. Dancing and making out is fun up to a point, but any Simgirl must sleep sooner or later; so it came to a choice of (a) offer the run of the house all night to a guy with the Evil and Inappropriate traits, or (b) risk seeming a little abrupt with him. I went with (b), Ask to Leave, and in this case it worked out very well. He cheerily said "Bye, I have to go" and my Sim spontaneously walked him out as far as the front lawn and bade him a friendly suul-suul.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:56 PM
In the Sims 1 and Sims 2 it changed from "Asked to Leave" to "Good-bye" if some one became your friend or love interest. Here in the Sims 3 it doesn't do that, which disappoints me to see how a game so advanced is outclassed by it's previous generations, even if the problem is so unimportant and small.
Page 2 of 2