Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HoodChecker 1.0.3 - Neighborhood Corruption Detector (Updated February 11, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 29th Sep 2011 at 4:50 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:51 PM by Nysha

443 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 349 Feedback Posts, 93 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 18
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#401 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:43 AM
I remember when I played a few years ago and everything got horribly corrupted D: So yes, I definitely need this.
Test Subject
#402 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 9:37 AM
Hi I'm having the same problem as lolabola, but I think I know why. When I extract all the files from the zip, I'm not getting those files named netdocks.dll, or simpe.package.dll. The only one ending with .dll that i can extract is XPcommoncontrols.dll, even though i can see in my "preview" of the zip that it does contain those other ones too. Do they disappear when I extract and go hide somewhere in the deep dark confines of the hard drive, or what's the matter? Please help! I'd love to use this, before my legacy hood dies in a flurry of explosions haha!
Mad Poster
#403 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:44 PM
@ChristmasTreeLover
All the files are needed and you just need to un-rar it to the same folder and not in your Sims 2 folders.

Just let it make a folder on your desktop and run it from there.

You may also want to read this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/532820

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#404 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 7:54 PM
Thanks so much for this Mootilda, may you RIP. I just used it and my hood has so. many. corruptions. I'm about to read through this thread and the instructions to figure out where to start. I might just play the hood till it exlodes in a BFBVFS *sigh*
Test Subject
#405 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
Anyone wondering if this will work with The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection~~
IT WILL WORK. Why? Because it only checks neighbourhoods, /not/ the actual game files.

Just wanted to clear that up
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#406 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 2:00 AM
And thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#407 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 1:29 PM
Thank you very much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#408 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
Mootilda, you have always saved my game, and for that, I thank you. The simming community will always miss you!
Test Subject
#409 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 7:11 PM
I have a big problem in my game. I have played in my neighborhood (the town, which created by me) for 3 years, I have created many sims and many houses.
But I don't know the reason, my game stops when the death must come. Nobody can die in my game.
I tried to reinstall the game to other PC, it didn't help. This mistake appears only in my neighborhood. I don't know what to do...

So, can this mod help me? Please answer, because I'm in desperation.

P.S. I'm sorry of my English. I'm not english girl.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#410 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:48 AM
thanx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#411 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 9:48 AM
thanx
Test Subject
#412 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 8:22 PM
I tried to install this and it made my anti-virus program freak out and delete the files with the .dll extensions. I turned it off to try to run it but it just doesn't work I use the browse button to find the hood I want checked and it doesn't go anywhere after that. Who is going to answer this now?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#413 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 11:46 PM
This is really something that can save my day!
Test Subject
#414 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 10:23 PM
Default Problem Scanning
The Hood Checker says "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream" and told me to report the error here. I'm unable to get this neighborhood to play right now. I played it yesterday and I haven't downloaded anything new, so I can only assume it's corrupted somehow. I tried to attach my neighborhood, but I keep getting "upload error: 500" from the website. It's well under the 50 mb limit for uploads.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#415 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 7:37 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I almost cancel my series because the game would crash every time I run it, but now it's fine, thank you very much. You saved my channel c:
Scholar
THANKS POST
#416 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:18 PM
I love this program so much... it saved more than 1 neighborhood
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#417 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:18 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#418 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:10 PM
Thank you so much, you saved my Sims 2 beloved Series :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#419 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:38 PM
Very useful. Much appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#420 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:44 PM
It's been really useful to me. Even though you won't read it, I want to send you a big thank you.
Test Subject
#421 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by X-lady
I have a big problem in my game. I have played in my neighborhood (the town, which created by me) for 3 years, I have created many sims and many houses.
But I don't know the reason, my game stops when the death must come. Nobody can die in my game.
I tried to reinstall the game to other PC, it didn't help. This mistake appears only in my neighborhood. I don't know what to do...

So, can this mod help me? Please answer, because I'm in desperation.

P.S. I'm sorry of my English. I'm not english girl.

You'd have better luck asking someone else on the forums. Mootilda sadly passed away over a year ago.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#422 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 9:26 AM
Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#423 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 8:48 PM
Does anyone know if there is a video tutorial for this? I'm having trouble understanding her list of the logs.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#424 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 12:34 PM Last edited by TadOlson : 15th Feb 2016 at 7:24 AM.
Thanks for sharing this.I just had a community that refused to load without crashing and my first attempt at using this fixed the issue.
Top Secret Researcher
#425 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 12:58 PM
I can't use this program anymore? Norton detected security risks, is this a false positive? I can't get pass the start screen in the program. Pops up a message every time. Can't read simpe.package. I'd really need to fix my corrupted neigborhood, crashes almost every time I save.
Page 17 of 18